Pro V1 questions....

2,110 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bagger05
tommeehawk7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you use Pro V1's I hace a couple of questions ;

#1 Do you use them to hit the ball high or low ?

#2 What is your swing speed with Driver ?

#3 What is your swing speed with 8 Iron ?
Chipotlemonger
AG
If you've ever golfed with tommee I hace a few questions:

#1: Does he talk during your swing/setup

#2: Does he bring up as many conversations as possible

#3: Why didn't you dump him in a golf cart off an on-course bridge into a creek and run away
tommeehawk7
Chip , the only thing you'll hear from me is;

My name's T-hawk
My handicap's 3
What the course record &
Where's the 1st tee
harge57
AG
quote:
If you use Pro V1's I hace a couple of questions ;

#1 Do you use them to hit the ball high or low ?

#2 What is your swing speed with Driver ?

#3 What is your swing speed with 8 Iron ?
1. Neither, trajectory mainly depends on the shot I am hitting draw, fade, punch. I see very little difference in trajectory from the ball, however I used to have a problem with drives balooning until I got fit for a shaft.
2. 110-115
3. No Idea

Oh and I use prov 1x's

Now some questions for you:
1. When did you start using the internet?
2. Does any of your golf attire have T-Hawk embroidered on it?
3. Just how big a boy are ya?
CrawlingNo5
AG
Not sure of my swing speed, but my 8 iron goes an easy 220. I figure that's average for most golfers so not sure the ball really has any impact for me
jj9000
AG
boy09
AG
quote:
Not sure of my swing speed, but my 8 iron goes an easy 220. I figure that's average for most golfers so not sure the ball really has any impact for me
Yeah, 220 sounds about average. I'm pretty long, so my 8 iron is about 250, but whatevs...
Aggie1391
quote:

I hit PW 250, get on my level.
TheGreatScott12
AG
I remember coming over to the golf board after being beaten down by the guys over at the Zoo and Recruiting board and enjoying how normal the conversations were. People actually talking about golf and giving insightful responses. I fear those days are gone.
jj9000
AG
quote:
I remember coming over to the golf board after being beaten down by the guys over at the Zoo and Recruiting board and enjoying how normal the conversations were. People actually talking about golf and giving insightful responses. I fear those days are gone.

Please understand the context of this thread.

The OP has another thread about 10 threads below this one explaining how you can shave 2 strokes off your game by playing a soft ball, and there's no reason to buy a $4 ball (Pro-V1).

Then comes along this work of art asking about Pro-V1s, swing speed...etc.

If the dude really is a 3-Cap like he suggests, he's been playing long enough to understand how a Pro-V1 behaves.
AgDotCom
I think tomeee is a good dude with a good heart who just doesn't know the lay of the land. His main problem is being old, like me.
tommeehawk7
AgDot probably just nailed it. I give up on trying to help you guys here on the rock {golf ball} issue. But I know what I'm preaching is right for about 90% here. No more about golf balls from me , at least not much more.
TheGreatScott12
AG
Sounds like too much thought is being put into equipment. I rely more on my game to score, not the ball. I'm not saying the golf ball doesn't matter because we all know it does. But lets not act like the difference in your scores if you play a Pro V1 one round and then a Precept Lady the next are going to be directly tied to the golf balls. My grandpa always told me Pro V1s are a luxury but the real luxury is hitting fairways, greens, and making putts. Learn to do that and play whatever ball you can afford. Just my two cents though.
tommeehawk7
That why The Scott12 is , well , Great.
stick93
AG
I'm probably closer to GreatScott's opinion than most, but I feel he oversimplified it. There is no doubt there are differences in golf balls. And there is also no doubt some "cheap" balls have redeeming qualities beyond price. It's really a matter of tinkering and finding what fits your game. Just like every other piece of equipment in your bag.

I play a specific low cost ball. It fits my game well. So much so that I give away any other balls that I receive as tee gifts, find, etc.
bagger05
AG
quote:
I think tomeee is a good dude with a good heart who just doesn't know the lay of the land. His main problem is being old, like me.

No one is as bad at the Internet as tommee is without doing it on purpose. It's a shtick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.