PGA pace of play

1,579 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Subtle changes being made, the par 5 rules seems very ineffective. I don't mind the timer situation.

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2014/10/17/6991077/golf-slow-play-frys-com-open-2014
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Buddy and I got paired with a guy yesterday Kevin Na would of refused to play with due to slow play.
Icecream_Ag
S
played behind a group last week that had to be paying for big big money because they were making Furyk look fast on the greens. thankfully they finally let me and the guy I got paired with through on 10 tee.
harge57
AG
Give them range finders. They spend half their time deciding yardage.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
the yardage calculations are really just thinking time for the pros

8 out of 10 times (maybe >80%) these guys walk up to the ball and already know what club they're hitting

remember this could be AS HIGH as the 7th day in a row they have played the same course....and a day or two of those were hitting multiple shots into the green

EVERY shot should be on the clock and penalties called in real time...no excuse for these guys taking the time they do
Unemployed
AG
They just need to nut up and enforce pace of play rules and have meaningful consequences for any infractions.

No warnings - if you exceed your time limit, it'll cost you a penalty stroke.

I'll bet these guys won't dick around if it'll cost them a stroke. They'll whine about it like they usually do but they'll adapt to it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
RealTalk
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.