Taylormade's new RSi Irons.

6,194 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Nom de Plume
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get it, Taylormade comes out with new stuff all the time but this new technology with speed pockets all over the face seems legit. At least the video in their advertisement shows a pretty consistent distance with center, heel and toe hits. The only thing I wonder is what RSI iron are they using? The game improvement or the forged RSi TP?

http://taylormadegolf.com/RSi-2-Irons/DW-WZ218.html#start=2

video
bigfoot10s
AG
Looks like it comes in three different versions, so it should cover all abilities.

I am usually against their new and improved technology, but this sounds like a good thing.
bdgol07
AG
Just watched it from a Facebook link and came here to see if there was a discussion started.

I think this is some actually legit technology this time
jj9000
AG
I was fit in the RSi2's this morning by Justin Leonard at GlenEagles CC.

4-PW, GW with Aerotech i95 Steelfibers

More to follow.
bigfoot10s
AG
I used to work at Gleneagles. I miss those golf courses.
Yesterday
AG
Nice JJ!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pics jj!
jj9000
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
So damn cool. I really liked the TM rocketbladez irons that I rented in Breckenridge. Will have to test these ones out!

How did you break the ice with Leonard?
JarAG2007
AG
I am interested to see if they have more face cracks or breaks with this model. I have the rocketbladez and i had my 4 iron crack the first time on the range.

With these new side pockets and looking at the design pictures it looks like it could have breaks. With weather changes and playing in the elements i will be interested to see how these hold up. Just a thought. I am a Taylormade guy, my irons obviously, so I am not trying to be over critical.
jj9000
AG
quote:
How did you break the ice with Leonard?

The event started on a 191 yard Par 3...all over water.

We approached the hole driving from green to tee.

There were balls all over the green, but, most were within 20-30 feet from the pin.

My first words to break the ice were along the lines of "Justin, my man...you're a Major Champion winner and you can't get it any closer than that!!!"

He laughed and handed me the club and said "you try".

Pretty funny stuff.
Yesterday
AG
Man that's awesome! I can't wait to hit these. I was debating on upgrading my AP2 710's to the AP2 714's but these have caught my eye. Did you hit the RSi2 or the TP version, curious to hear your opinion on the difference.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Man that's awesome! I can't wait to hit these. I was debating on upgrading my AP2 710's to the AP2 714's but these have caught my eye. Did you hit the RSi2 or the TP version, curious to hear your opinion on the difference.

I hit both the RSi1 and RSi2.

RSi1 is a SGI club that reminds me of the PING G series.

RSi2 is more of a melding of the current TM CBs and the TM SLDRs. They are very forgiving on mis-hits.

The TPs weren't available at the Dallas release.

I suspect both the RSi2s and the TPs will be targeted to the AP2 crowd.
98Ag99Grad
AG
So Justin Leonard the pro golfer fit you for these? Is that something he does now?
Yesterday
AG
I think it was a promotion to have him out there with amateurs hitting these new Taylormade irons.
Goose
AG
I'm guessing the tidy little sum Taylormade pays him to glad-hand guys on the tee box more than pays for itself in sales of their new irons.
jj9000
AG
quote:
So Justin Leonard the pro golfer fit you for these? Is that something he does now?

Within his Contract, he makes 4-5 appearances for TMAG product launches...etc. He certainly didn't have to spend time on the range swapping out shafts and heads, watching our ballflight, and making suggestions, but he did. He could have just stood under the tent and took media questions. I shook his hand and thanked him for being as accommodating as he was because I understand there is a fine line between a PGA pro who is genuinely trying to help and a PGA pro who couldn't care less.
AgDotCom
I had an unexpected encounter with Justin Leonard at the SWC Championship at Pebble Creek...1989 or thereabouts.

I was blown away with his manners and the way he carried himself. He was bent on putting himself second and others first.

Big fan.
Yesterday
AG
quote:
quote:

Within his Contract, he makes 4-5 appearances for TMAG product launches...etc. He certainly didn't have to spend time on the range swapping out shafts and heads, watching our ballflight, and making suggestions, but he did. He could have just stood under the tent and took media questions. I shook his hand and thanked him for being as accommodating as he was because I understand there is a fine line between a PGA pro who is genuinely trying to help and a PGA pro who couldn't care less.
Justin is a good dude despite his one life failure of being a longhorn.
tommeehawk7
Justin learned a lot from Kite and Crenshaw. He is a fine representative on tour for all Texans.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Cool deal.
bigfoot10s
AG
Par 3 was #15 on the queens?
jj9000
AG
quote:
Par 3 was #15 on the queens?

Correct.

Queens #15.

Hook it and you're in the drink.
bigfoot10s
AG
Went in that drink many a times. I used to know both of those courses like the back of my hand. Great place
1208HawkTree
AG
I'm convinced Tom Kroll has one of the best jobs on the planet. Travel all over pimping golf equipment at great courses, hanging with tour players, taking average Joes out on the town , and all on the company dime.
Unemployed
AG
Interesting concept. I've seen other videos showing minimal distance loss on off-center hits with these clubs so maybe TM finally got something.
Nom de Plume
AG
Who do you have to be friends with to attend these events?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.