Recommendations-Guys trip to New Braunfels/San Antonio area

2,782 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by tommeehawk7
JarAG2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me and a few family members are planning a late year guys weekend to the river in New Braunfels. I am wondering if I could get some good recommendations on golf courses in or around that area that would be fun. We are staying at the river at a family members house so the closer to New Braunfels the better unless the quality of the course is worth the drive.

We would be playing a foursome and playing either just Saturday or possibly Saturday and Sunday. We typically scramble and switch partners after so many holes, but its mainly to hang out, hit some balls, have some drinks, and enjoy the views. Thanks for your help and input.
AustinCountyAg
I know they were re-modeling the course in town on the river. Not sure if it is open yet? I'm sure someone on here could give you an update
BEaggie08
AG
The Bandit

Landa Park - reopened (post renovation) on Wednesday October 8th.
Matsui
AG
The Bandit is your best bet, by far.
inozips
AG
Bandit for sure is the best
Olympia Hills near the Rudys on 35 - Selma/Universal City. Military get great discounts
Pass on Northcliffe
I want to see the redo at Landa. On a budget - Starke in Seguin is in decent shape
SARATOGA
Family vacation in NB every year.

The best/closest is Bandit.

Landa is a goat pasture. Didn't know they were redoing it until this thread.

I play Bandit every year, sometimes twice. I've tried driving to some other places and its been crappers (Northcliff)

You can drive into SA and find nice $$ places. But if you don't want to spend your whole trip driving, then Bandit is the best choice.
tommeehawk7
Tapatio Springs in Boerne , The Quarry in San Antonio , Onion Creek in south Austin ,
StEdsCOOG
Anyone know how River Crossing in Spring Branch is looking these days? Not a bad drive over from the river.
magnoliaag
It would be good time of year to play The Quarry.
Jeff Schmahl
Bandit is good...Quarry is better (awesome back nine)...and the La Canterra courses are fun and worth playing but a bit on the expensive side.
wsjag
AG
Tapitio springs sucks. Terrible shape and overpriced. Almost went bankrupt a few years ago and has never recovered. Plus almost an hour to get there from new Braunfels so too far for your trip
tommeehawk7
ws I had not heard that . too bad , it used to be a good tract
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.