Went to Driving Range Yesterday....

1,061 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggieT
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to the range yesterday for the first time in a very long time. Because of work and medical reasons my golf game has slipped off a lot from where it was five years ago simply because I haven't hit any balls for a long time. I hit for about an hour, mainly just 7-Sand wedge. The few swings I hit with the fairway wood made me want to vomit. Hell I actually had the thought to walk off and quit after about twenty minutes because I was hitting it so badly. I never was "good" but I'm so far from below average right now it makes me sick.
Matsui
AG
That is golf.
tommeehawk7
AustinCounty Ag , don't give up. After a very long layoff the first couple of times at the range are usually brutal. But after that your game should come back very quickly.

It's also a great time to make changes in grip/stance/posture that you didn't want to tinker with when you were playing before.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
AustinCounty Ag , don't give up. After a very long layoff the first couple of times at the range are usually brutal. But after that your game should come back very quickly.

It's also a great time to make changes in grip/stance/posture that you didn't want to tinker with when you were playing before.

Dammit best post by tommee ever I would think.
agracer
AG
Golf always wins.....
AgDotCom
Well, the good news after a long layoff like that is you have probably also lost any bad habits you may have had, and can rebuild your swing without them.

I had grooved a fundamentally unsound swing 20 years ago and was able to shoot low 80s consistently before I got married, had kids and stopped playing for about 10 years or so. Got to start from scratch again, and it did me a world of good.
tommeehawk7
AgDotCom just confirmed what I was talking about. Now is the time to make fundamental corrections , because you have lost your old habits.
AggieT
AG
This would be a great time to get a few lessons. Good luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.