Shaft Recommendation - Stiff

1,187 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agracer
voorheesdn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just was fitted for new clubs today and need stiff shafts. Any suggestions on what you use or like?
dbtexasag05
I have kbs stiff 3-9
I have spin shafts in my wedges
Woods are project x 65
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've hit KBS and they're pretty cool
jj9000
AG
Buy the shafts that your fitter suggested.

You won't find a 'right' answer here.
aggiedent
AG
Everybody is different. You might as well ask us what size pants to wear.
voorheesdn
AG
I understand everyone is different and that I probably won't get the "correct" answer here but was merely asking for any feedback good or bad. I guess that itself was a bad idea. I am happy to have gotten plenty of feedback on what questions are good to ask on this board however.
Ag pride
AG
Have kbs in my mizunos.......love them
CapCity12thMan
AG
shafts for which clubs? All? I tend to get shafts that match the club and what kind of shot I want to hit. for me:

D - stiff
3w - Reg
5w - Reg

4-7i - stiff
8-Ws - reg
dodger02
AG
It's a good question.

I've recently hit Dynamic Gold S300, X100, and Project X 6.0 Flighted. The S300 are in some old cavity backs, the X100 in Cleveland blades, and PX in AP2s. I had heard that the PX produce lower trajectories than DGs, but didn't believe it until I hit them.

IMO, the PX do fly lower. I like it, though, because I'm a high ball hitter. I love the X100s on a calm day; high, soft landing irons just feel (and look) so nice. But in the Texas winds, high trajectories can make for a looooong day.

Consider your natural ball flight when deciding, and do hit the shafts, as you can likely tell the difference in feel, trajectory, etc.
jj9000
AG
This is a quick reference chart to compare the 'stiffness' of Dynamic Gold vs. Project X vs. KBS Tour.

Since there's no industry standard for Regular/Stiff/X-Stiff iron shafts, this is a quick and easy way to compare shafts.

DGS300 = Dynamic Gold S300
PX = Project X
FCM = The old Rifle scale of measuring shaft stiffness

SS = Soft Stepped - putting a 8 iron shaft into a 9 iron head and trimming to 9 iron length
SSx2 = Soft Stepped twice - (putting an 7 iron shaft into a 9 iron head and trimming to 9 iron length

HS = Hard Stepped - putting a 8 iron shaft into a 7 iron head and trimming to 7 iron length
HSx2 = Hard Stepped twice - putting a 9 iron shaft into a 7 iron head and trimming to 7 iron length

Each full flex is roughly 3 soft/hard steps.

agracer
AG
If your fitter did not recommend a shaft and club for you, I'm guessing you might want to find a better fitter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.