Woodforest near Conroe

1,125 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgFlyGuy
SARATOGA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody play/have opinions of Woodforest near Conroe ?

Family vacation at a Lakehouse in a couple of weeks. Wanted to play LaToretta but they have tournament that weekend.

Thoughts on Woodforest ?
aggiedent
AG
My personal opinion is that it is one of the top two/three best public courses in the Houston Area. Always well maintained with fast greens. Extremely beautiful and peaceful before the area started getting developed.
Icecream_Ag
S
LOVE THAT COURSE!!!!!

(need to be able to make text sizes bigger...)
aggiebrother33
Woodforest is great, but if you want cheap then look into Grand Lakes. I played there last year for $25 and it was a steal. The conditions are nothing near Woodforest but I really enjoyed the layout. It also depends on what side of the lake you are on but for the $ WF is pretty hard to beat up there.
1208HawkTree
AG
Don't know what kind of shape it's in, but West Fork is on the south side of 105 and is a great layout. I know they have had money problems in the past, so I have no idea of the current status, but maybe another option.
DRE06
AG
quote:
My personal opinion is that it is one of the top two/three best public courses in the Houston Area. Always well maintained with fast greens. Extremely beautiful and peaceful before the area started getting developed.

This. Wish it wasn't so far away. Would play there much more often if closer.
rononeill
I'm having a hard time thinking of a better public option in the houston area. Maybe Cypresswood Traditions in its prime without the 3rd through 5th hole constipation can give it a run; but I've never seen the greens there come close to the quality they maintain at Woodforest.
superbowlringd
Wood forest is great, what can I say.
magnoliaag
Play WF, great greens. Currently rebuilding clubhouse so don't know about after round meals/drinks.
The D
AG
It used to be cheap. I quit playing there after they raised the rates, it's too far to drive to pay that much. Plus it gets a lot of play now which made it great also
feedthemlead
WF is a great course, plays long and always in A+ shape. WestFork is another good course if you don't mind the shooting range just south of the course....WedgeWood is not a bad course and they have some special rates going right now. La Torretta is a good course kinda narrow in some of the fairways but very playable course. April Sound has 3 nine hole courses narrow fairways but plays pretty good. Walden on Lake Conroe is a great course lots of fun to play.
famousarthur
AG
You can't go wrong with Woodforest @ Fish Creek. The Front 9 and West 9 are both terrific, but the Back 9 is a must play. Can't be beat.
AgFlyGuy
AG
WF is closed until the 18th or 19th I believe, as they open the new clubhouse and make some other changes. Its been shut down for about 10 days I believe. They are going to have a "grand opening" of sorts for its members. I live out in Woodforest and agree with everyone, it is a haul, but fantastic once you get out there.

With the recent rains and no one playing for awhile, the course is looking good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.