River Ridge or Stephan F.?????

821 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BarryProfit
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
haven't played Stephan F in a couple years, but I have never played River Ridge....which course is best bang for the buck and why?
tommeehawk7
River Ridge is probably twice the price but well worth the difference if you don't mind the $$$. I always play in the afternoons on the weekends so i get the better rates , when are you trying to tee it up?
Ag_07
AG
I played Stephen F twice in the past couple months (most recently Labor Day weekend) and have to say that it is in excellent condition! I was extremely pleased with course especially for the $49 weekend rate.

However, RR is more of what I call a 'big boy' course. It's longer, more difficult, better facilities, and better players out there.

Just depends on what you're in the mood for. If you want a better experience with nicer clubhouse, range, bar hit up RR, but if you want to relax and take your time, sneak your own beer on, and don't mind some rough cart paths go with SFA.

Course condition wise I don't think they're that far off.
AustinCountyAg
planning on playing during the week sometime in the late afternoon. 4ish........Stephen F sounds like it will be the winner. Both price wise and the ability to just grip n rip and drink a few beers.....golf is more of a relaxation type thing for me.
Ag_07
AG
Be aware of gripping it an ripping at Stephen F.

It's short with quite a few dog legs or carries that force you to hit 3 wood off the tee. There are a couple par 5s that are gettable in 2 so you will have your chances. Make sure your wedge game is on point since their greens are practically thimbles.

Let us know how is once you're done!
Icecream_Ag
S
keep a spare ball for 18. That drive is fun, but the carry is murder.
Ag_07
AG
Wrong forum
hot dog
AG
AgDotCom
I play Stephen F once a year or so and it's always fun.

It's amazing what the Brazos River is doing to that place, though. How many more years until the swimming pool plunges 50 ft into the river?
AustinCountyAg
for me and my slice(I'm LH) the dog legs at Stephen F play well for me
BarryProfit
Both are fun and good value for what you pay. RR is better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.