How many putters do you own?

1,778 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agsalaska
bblake06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I've had an Odyssey White Hot #1 in my bag for who knows how long and an old Ping Anser 2 at the house. I just picked up a Never Compromise Connoisseur Portofino and I feel a putter addiction coming on.

How many putters do you own?

All aspects of golf are way too addicting, ha.
Icecream_Ag
S
2 Putters
Rife Aussie
Odyssey something or other with a green insert.

Looking at a Odyssey Metal X Milled #1, but trying to find out if I can get the black shaft from the new Metal X Milled Versa putters instead of the regular one.
93MarineHorn
6 putters. One of them, which I don't use anymore, cost more than all the others combined.
93MarineHorn
quote:

tommeehawk7
I own probably 20 but i have loaned a whole bunch of 'em out , and may never see them again. And that's okay. I wanted them to have good homes where they would be loved.

I keep my Yes-Nikki blade in my bag and I don't think I'll ever switch again.
jj9000
AG
I own (1) putter.

Yes, you read that correctly TexAgs...I own (1) putter.

If past behavior is indicative of future behavior, make sure you take the 'under' on how long it is until I have more than (1) putter.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Haha jj.

Got 2 myself right now.
1208HawkTree
AG
Uno, and it's very safe in it's spot.
AgDotCom
I own about 10 collected over the past 25 years or so.

Over the past 6 years only two have rotated in the bag, both T.P. Mills Softtails...one stainless and one carbon.
ORAggieFan
1 and it's about 25 years old. My game sucks but for the most part my putting is theeat if my worries.
agfan2013
AG
1. A taylormade white smoke.
DannyDuberstein
AG
4 putters counting my peenis. That one I use away from the course, two others are in the garage gathering dust, and the Odyssey Dual Rossie II is the one I've used 99% of the time for the past 15 years.
DavyCrockett1
I own two, one for slow greens and the other for fast.
agracer
AG
On and it's about 25 years old....maybe older.
dodger02
AG
1 - A Ping Anser 2 that I bought in about 1997.

For me, it's the indian...not the arrow.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I currently use a Ping Anser 2, which I had to buy when I LOST my original Ping Anser (Scottsdale) model.

I also have an Odyssey White Hot 2-ball I never use any more

I have two old Acushnet Bullseye putters - one offset/gooseneck flange model and one a-la Corey Pavin type from the early 70s with an original leather grip.

I also have a Wilson 8802 in great condition
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
too damn many...lost count

7 handicap and whenever my putts/round get into the mid to high 30's I swap again

seems like when I put a different putter behind the ball I focus better for a while and then...rotate once more
antman8504
AG
I own 2 putters, taylormade whitesmoke and Seemore FGP. Been playing about 3 years. Actually just bought my second a few months ago, the Seemore. Loving it so far. My only compliant, is that both are very soft which make me have to kill putts on slow greens to get lag putts there.

I usually fall in the "it is the indian, not the arrow" camp, BUT with putters I think it is a tad different. All putters have different balance (toe weighted vs face balanced), I think that makes a huge difference. So IMO you need to truly try one of each to see what works for you. I think you can get used to the "feel" of any putter over time, but I think you will have a hard time if you have a putter where the balance does not match your stroke.

Since switching to the Seemore (which has a third type of balanced, what they call "balanced at impact") my short putting has become extremely better. If I every start struggling with the seemore, I will probably go full face balanced. I just know now that toe balanced is not for me. I really struggled with short putts with that putter (whitesmoke). But I will keep the whitesmoke, just in case!! lol
1208HawkTree
AG
quote:
For me, it's the indian...not the arrow.

I finally gave into the fact that it was the Indian about 9 years ago. I used to be a putter junkie (didn't help that I used to live about 2 minutes from the old Strictly Golf on San Felipe in Houston). I never had more than one or two putters at a time, but I was constantly trying something new, with very short-lived results. I tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (except a long putter). I went big grip, skinny grip, mallet, 8802, Anser, center-shaft, Bullseye, on and on.

When we were at the hospital after my oldest was born, I read Bob Rotella's Putting Out of Your Mind, and it really struck a chord with me for some reason. After things settled down with a newborn at home, I finally decided to really dedicate myself to a practice routine, and I practiced a lot for a couple of months, both on my stroke and my pre-shot routine, until it was like clockwork. As I started playing more and more again, my putting was night and day better than ever, and I finally started to look forward to putting, versus going into it negatively. Once I got a solid stroke and routine, I settled on a putter that simply looked good behind the ball and got it fit to my stroke. I bought it direct from Titleist with standard specs, then went and had the length, loft, and lie adjusted on a putting camera setup. It's never changed since then, and while I may not putt as well as I did back then, I also don't play or practice nearly as much as I used to. That said, if I put in a week or so of solid practice, I see results pretty quickly and it all starts to come back. So yes, it's most definitely the Indian.
nickel
I've got three.
1. Scotty Newport Studio (in the bag).
2. Adams A07 blade (in a friend's bag).
3. Bettinardi C01 (in a friend's bag but about to go in mine).
bagger05
AG
Just one. Odyssey 2-ball. Needs to be regripped.
agsalaska
AG
Lots.

But I only play with one. I Nike Method.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.