Brandon Dunes trip costs

811 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie369
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there are multiple Dunes threads, and some cost estimations out there, but I was curious as to whether or not any of y'all have a more in detail cost breakdown for a trip.

Also, pros and cons of flying into the different airports around there.

Buddy of mine wants to take a trip there next year, but I don't think it's in the cards $$ wise until I am a little older.
ColoradoMooseHerd
First of all - Bandon Dunes is not going to be cheap and if you are going to do it, I would not try to just skimp by on the cheapest route. To Do it, you gotta do it right.

1. Green Fees - Depending on when you go, Green Fees are going to vary, but if it is summer it will be between $230-250 per round. And if you go most want to get in as many rounds as they can. Expect to play at least 4 rounds. So right there is $1,000.

2. Caddie Fees - I think this was about $100 a round including tip. Not sure if we tipped more or not. So add another $400 bucks here. There are other caddying options, but to me this is part of the experience. At minimum you will be paying about $40 a round for a group caddy that does not carry clubs. But I think it is best to get your own.

3. Lodging - We stay in the cottages, which are four bedroom units that go for around $1600-1800 a night in the summer. You will stay at least 2 nights, so that is $3600 devided by 4. So that would be $900 per person. There are cheaper options where to double beds per room for about $400 a night I think so that could be done at $400 per person. This I don't think matters that much, your choice on where you want to stay.

4. Food/Drinks - Most people stay on site for most things and they have several different options from Fine Dining to Irish Pub settings. We normally do a Pub Night and then a Fine Dining Night. We normally do not get to drunk there because a bad hangover will ruin a day of golf and you are there for golf. Funny how it seems both nights end up costing about the same $50 plus alcohol on food. Breakfast is going to be $10-15 and Lunch is about the same. So depending on what meals you are eating there probably close to another $200 plus alcohol per person

5. Other Activities - I usually only golf, but I know others that go fishing while there or other activities. I don't. But I do get a massage sometimes after walking that much golf in two days. Just something to think about.

6. Transportation - I usually fly into North Bend (OTH)/Coos Bay. Don't waste your time driving from Portland or other places. Time is money and just get to bend. Since I live in Colorado - United flies into North Bend connecting through San Fran. In the past I flew into Coos through Portland on Horizon/Alaska, not sure if they still do it. But I think you need to fly into Coos. Flights often between $500-600 bucks. Can find better deals other times of the week.

Rental Car - we always get a car so that we can maximize our time and have a vehicle incase we want to go into town or do something of site. Three day rental is probably going to be close to $200.

Total Costs - I am guessing it is going to cost about $3000 on the low end and about $4000 on the high end for a two night trip with 4 rounds of golf.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you very much Colorado. This is exactly what I was looking for. The costs are about what I expected, and why I am thinking this may be a better trip years down the road.

I am not one to skimp out, and I would rather not stress about doing this kind of trip on the cheap in a year or 2. I would prefer to make the trek in about 5-10 years (would be early 30's in age) I think.
Matsui
AG
I have some buddies going this year and they estimated $3200 for just travel/lodging/golf w/o food. 4 rounds of golf.
Matsui
AG
More budget friendly golf vacations would be Myrtle Beach, Florida, Pinehurst, Scottsdale, just to name a few. Bandon and Pebble would be the 2 more expensive destinations.
Hanrahan
AG
I spent around $3k without air fare for three days of 36 a day golf.
Stew
AG
Nice summary by Colorado. I'll add a few things:

1) I went a couple of years ago in February, and if you do that you can knock about $1000 off of the trip that Colorado described (more than that if you are staying longer than 2 nights). Golf and lodging are about 40% of peak cost. Of course you'll definitely get some rain. It rained on us 2.5 of the 4 days we were there. But it was still awesome. You just take good rain gear and play through it.

2) If you are coming from TX it will take most of a day to travel to and from, therefore I would recommend staying more than 2 nights.

3) Walking 36 per day is tough. Personally I would rather plan a longer stay at Bandon, play 18 in the morning every day, and maybe an extra 9 holes or play the par 3 course in the afternoon (or just drink beer and putt on the new Punchbowl).

Plan it - it will be worth every penny. Incredible place and I can't wait to go back.
Aggie369
AG
I took my two Aggie Sons to Bandon over Father's Day. The green fees vary a little based on time of the year as does the housing fees.

* We flew into Eugene rented a car and drove. It's about 2hours and 30-45 minutes depending on how many logging trucks you get behind. Mostly 2 lane 60 mph roads. You can fly directly into Bend but it is more expensive. Like the others said, it takes most of the day to get there anyway.
* Green Fees- About $250 for the 1st round and $100 for the 2nd round. We played 36 holes each day and yes it is a hike. In my opinion, Bandon Trails is the toughest walk especially in the afternoon but I chose to play it in the afternoon due to it being more inland and higher winds on Pacific and Bandon Dunes in the afternoon. Old MacDonald is also a pretty easy walk and good to play in the afternoon.
* I was surprised at the quality of the food. It was actually pretty good. I allowed 1 1/2 hours for lunch and recovery time. Breakfast about $10 + - depending on choice. Lunch about the same. Dinner depending on the restaurant you choose but can range from $12-$40 for entree.
* I was disappointed the quality of the lodging amenities based on what they charge.....but you are pretty much captive.
* Although Bandon does offer a shuttle service everywhere you want to go.....you often have to wait 10-15 minutes. We chose to just drive to each course (at the most 5 minutes) and very glad we did.
* Bottom line
* Airfare ,,,,whatever it cost
* Greens Fees- $250 and $100 second round
* Food...$100 plus alcohol
* Rental car $100/day
* Housing actually depends on the housing option you choose. Allow $250 per night

I hope that helps. Glad I went but honestly I don't need to go back. It's not Ireland or Scotland by a long shot thats for sure. For about the same money you can go to Ireland.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.