Finally broke 80!!

2,100 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by girlgolfer12
trickplay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I finally broke 80 for the first time in my life and shot a 76. My previous best was an 82. Not only that, but I also broke 40 on 9 holes for the first time. I shot a 37 and 39! I can't wait to get back out there even though I'll probably shoot in the high 80's!
AgFlyGuy
AG
Congrats, I'm still searching for mine...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congrats!

It's funny how when you break a score barrier, it seems like you do it by more than just 1. And in most cases people blow by their barriers in one really solid round.
bagger05
AG
That's awesome! Always great to shoot a new low!

Never broken 80 before. I shot an 83 back in November 2012 and then never came close again for about a year and a half. Then here are my last nine rounds:

83, 87, 87, 81, 83, 81, 86, 80, 83

I've been knocking on the door lately and hopefully I'll join the club soon!
jj9000
AG
Congrats bellco...It's an accomplishment which you should never forget!!

Also, isn't it funny that one can regularly post a 37 or a 38 on the front or back, and a 45 on the other side...then one day it all comes together and you don't just squeak by, you blown the doors down by several strokes?

Happened to me in the exact same manner.

Now, the only downside is knowing you can do it now, and the potential for improperly setting expectations within yourself (i.e. 85 is a failure). That's a tough hill to overcome.
03_Aggie
Congrats. I'm still trying to break into that club.
JarAG2007
AG
Congrats! I know when it happened for me late last year I was pumped. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen next time out. Keep swinging and don't do what I did and take an extended leave from playing and lose your progress. I noticed even if I just go to the range once or twice a week, if I can't play, it helps keep your game consistent and moving in the right direction.

Major props! Keep it going!
birdman
Awesome feeling.

I've done it a few times. Definitely remember the first one.
tommeehawk7
Way to go , that's awesome ! You shot "Trombones" . Breaking 80 makes you an official playaah
Removed:15444557
36 on the front nine.
46 on the back nine.

Still stuck in the 80's.....
FatherGoose
AG
That's awesome! It's such a huge barrier to get over not waiting for the other shoe to drop (i.e. string of doubles/triples/worse). Now you have to go get that under par round! Go make some birdies.
RAMF 95
AG
Great round man!
AgDotCom
CapCityAg89
AG
My first time under 80 was a 79 on a course with a slope of 135, so I was pretty proud. The funny thing is I remember very little of it because I was playing with my daughter who was probably 7 or 8 at the time on the last day of a golf camp she had attended. I was just walking up, hitting my ball and then back to entertaining her. I made a long, curving putt on 18 for birdie and said: "I think I just shot 79" (had to add my score to be sure).

Her response: "cool. Let's go". THAT I remember.
husker6869
Charlie 31
girlgolfer12
I, too, have joined the club. White tees at Riverside in Grand Prairie . Had three birdies. Most I've had in one round.

Was about four inches from a hole in one. 159 yards with six iron. Can't wait to play again!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.