Houston National

3,742 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They've got a deal going on GolfNow.com that includes fees, cart, meal, 1 beer, and unlimited re-plays for $45.That's hard to beat no matter how little they water.

Anyone played it recently?
Icecream_Ag
S
may have to hit that up Friday
feedthemlead
Its become a dog track, pebbles in the sand traps, fairways are only mowed down the middle so if you roll out good luck finding your ball, greens are fair but all very in speed.
Oknows
AG
Definitely not my experience, but keep spreading the word so I can get on whenever I want.
RCL1
Wow, I played this week and it was in pretty good shape! Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I liked it. Playing there next week
BarryProfit
I agree that it's in terrible shape.
feedthemlead
New Groupon hit today for this course.......won't be long now chapter 13 or 11
RCL1
Post the groupon link, I called the pro and they haven't done groupon for several years.
Turf-Ag02
AG
Heard they were bought out by Club Corp.....
feedthemlead
http://www.groupon.com/deals/texas-national-golf-course-1
HouAggie
AG
Wrong course.
Icecream_Ag
S
Houston National is in Northwestish Houston, not Willis feed. Played Texas National once in college, they were re-doing the irrigation at the time so wasnt too impressed with having to avoid the trenches every fairway, but IIRC the layout wasnt bad.
Ag_07
AG
Just booked a morning tee time for Houston National using this deal. Still $45 including lunch, 1 beer, and unlimited replays. For just the 2 rounds (not even counting the food and beer) that comes out to $22.50. The course can't be in that bad a shape that $22.50/round isn't worth it.

Guess we'll see what it's like and report back.
Icecream_Ag
S
just remember the guy saying its in horrible shape doesnt know the difference in Texas National in Willis and Houston National.
BarryProfit
I know the difference. Houston National is in bad shape and has been for years.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I know the difference. Houston National is in bad shape and has been for years.
sorry, forgot you said that. I was referring to feedthemlead.
1208HawkTree
AG
quote:
Just booked a morning tee time for Houston National using this deal. Still $45 including lunch, 1 beer, and unlimited replays. For just the 2 rounds (not even counting the food and beer) that comes out to $22.50. The course can't be in that bad a shape that $22.50/round isn't worth it.

Guess we'll see what it's like and report back.

Well, we're waiting....
Ag_07
AG
This was last Friday when it rained 7 inches from Wed to Fri. No way I was golfing in that unless I had to.
Icecream_Ag
S
Played it yesterday. There are some spots on the fairways that never came back after the drought, but the greens are in good shape
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.