Best BCS Golf Pro??

2,675 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 98Ag99Grad
SUag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any suggestions, with a few comments?

I'm trying to find a pro that would be willing to meet 3-4 times a week over the next three months. Trying to go for broke in getting good.

Thanks!
Thisguy1
Rick at the Campus Course.
Thisguy1
But here's a little older thread with a couple guys talked about.

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/60/Topics/2488476?page=0#r40304200
03_Aggie
quote:
3-4 times a week

Wouldn't that be excessive? Wouldn't you need more time in between lessons to work on/implement the things from the last lesson to see if they worked?
klockness
AG
I posted that thread just a month or two ago. Most recommended Chad but I got good recs from most of the pros in the area. I only got one lesson so far from Chad but he was very intelligent.

My $.02 is that many lessons for that long seems a little extreme. I don't know your situation but your going to need to practice in between to benefit from the lessons. I wouldn't do more than one a week and that's if you play every day. If you're that serious and wanting to spend that much I'd definitely talk to several pros to find one you like and see what they recommend as far as lesson frequency.
DannyDuberstein
AG
yeah, I'd echo once per week while making sure to practice in between. Try that for 6 weeks and see what happens.

If you are getting instruction 3-4X per week, there is a very high risk that you end up with a million things swimming around in your head. With once a week, you hopefully get a few basic things to work on, then follow it with your own practice time to reinforce those same few concepts, and then follow with more reinforcement in the next lesson that builds on what you've been working on. But that time in between lessons to practice and to use repetition to get used to the swing changes without someone constantly in your ear is very important.

[This message has been edited by DannyDuberstein (edited 8/26/2014 3:26p).]
CRC2006
SUag, I'd love to help you out. My name is Eric Carlson and I am a PGA Golf Professional and instructor over at the A&M Campus Course. Give me a call at 979-820-1438 and we can chat about what your goals are and go from there to see if you're interested in lessons.
VegasT
AG
I would recommend:
- Rick Kahlich - TAMU Course
- Chad Barrum - Pebble Creek
- Wendi Wiese - Pebble Creek
- Jim Baetge - Traditions
- Brad Lardon - Miramont

Like someone else said, call them and ask questions. I was able to secure a 5 lesson pack at a reduced cost. Many of them will offer a price break on multiple lessons.

cmarkmat
AG
Larry Godfrey- hands down best.

Aggieland Drving Range on Hwy 30 just past Central Baptist Church.

I have made MAJOR progress working with him.
tommeehawk7
I recommend Eric Carlson , he has the right approach by asking what your goals are.
Old School Brother
i need to go home....i read the title as "Busty BCS Golf Pro"
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
i need to go home....i read the title as "Busty BCS Golf Pro"

I'll make the drive from Houston for a lesson if you find one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.