F GOLF

165,073 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ILikeTacos
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There. I feel better now.
bagger05
AG
Amen, brother. I had one of those days myself.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hey bet you didn't have to card two 10's!

Tough day all around at the GGA from people I talked with.
agfan2013
AG
Had a good round out at Avery ranch here in Austin today. Finally could work my driver for the most part.
agsalaska
AG
Agfan2013
agfan2013
Ag pride
AG
Got my second eagle today
agsalaska
AG
Ag pride.

I hate you
rononeill
Don't track it, but probably carry an 18 or 20. Haven't played since January, when I posted a couple 97s. 85 yesterday and 89 today. Love this game
agsalaska
agsalaska
agsalaska
arson keg
Back to back 86s this weekend in the ark la tex Oilman's tourney

I'll take it
jj9000
AG
Decided to play 18. Told my buddy to drop me off at the range after 9.

Hit 4 large buckets.

My group finished the back 9 and I was still on the range when they hit the clubhouse.

Hands are raw in several areas.
BANA89
AG
Think I slightly fractured the wrist end of my fibula hitting a pitching wedge Thursday evening. Didn't hit a rock or even somewhat fat and the shot wasn't terrible (just a little short and left of the green), but maybe did something weird in my swing over-twisting my wrist or something. Doc checked my range of motion and tendons and so forth, no sprain or tendon damage, but nothing highly visible in an X-ray. Strangest golf injury I've heard of.

BANA Class of '86 ('89)
bagger05
AG
Front nine I was in such control of my game. I had six pars. I made a mess of two greens to get triples but still managed a 43.

Back nine I started off with a triple that included a four-putt from about 25 feet. Left the first one four feet short, hit the next putt off the toe and left it just on the lip. I tapped it to knock it into the hole, but it hit the lip opposite of it and ended up sitting right next to the hole. It didn't get much better from there. Followed that up with four bogeys and four doubles for a 51. Not sure the last time I shot worse than 50 on a side without at least a few penalty strokes. 23 putts on the back.
agracer
AG
TLDNR - Could not hit my favorite/best club. Hit 4/5 Par 3's and par'd ONE of them!

Could not nit my 3H to save my life even though that’s my more reliable long club. Topped the hell out of it ALL DAY LONG…..

Par’d NO 11 with a nice 8-foot putt for par. Then fell completely apart for 3-holes (6, 8, 8). On one hole I had a decent drive that just went a little left towards some trees….So I take my 7I to knock it back onto the fairway and hit the ONLY branch sticking out in my line of flight and if fell back into the rough….Hit the damn ball solid too!

Hit a nice drive on one hole that landed right on the cart path where it crosses over the fairway and the ball shot straight right into the water….one of THREE lost balls on the front 9 (lost none on the back)….overall very frustrating until the last 3 holes….bogey, par, bogey (3-putt).

My son was playing his first 18 and he is one of the most calm people you will ever meet. Not quick to anger or get frustrated, esp. with sports stuff….he really struggled with topping the ball (he’s had 2-lessons and hit the range many times with me) and on 17 he just slammed his 7I into the ground and goes “DAMNIT!”….. He then proceeded to hit his PW right up next to the hole from ~75 out. He just looked at me and I laughed and said “now you want to keep playing, don’t you?”…he chuckled and shook his head yes.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Shot best round of my life yesterday (82) at Cypreswood Tradition course. 42 on the front and 40 on the back. Usually when i do well on the front 9 I find a way to throw in a snowman or two on the back so yesterday was a nice change of pace.
tommeehawk7
Great round , build on it !
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
81 at Rawls yesterday. Pretty good round for me considering the 30 mph winds.
Cru
S
Starting to get back into this game again. 71 last weekend with 16/18 gir. 3 eagle putts resulting in my only 3 birdies of the day. Yeah, add that up for the rest of my accomplishments on the greens.

77 this past Saturday. Even through 7, bogey bogey on 8 and 9. Fell apart on the back by hooking every drive it seems. Hit the range that evening and figured it out. I'll check the results tomorrow evening. Then I guess I'll try to figure out what I hate most. Putting.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
mt3950
AG
quote:
Think I slightly fractured the wrist end of my fibula hitting a pitching wedge Thursday evening. Didn't hit a rock or even somewhat fat and the shot wasn't terrible (just a little short and left of the green), but maybe did something weird in my swing over-twisting my wrist or something. Doc checked my range of motion and tendons and so forth, no sprain or tendon damage, but nothing highly visible in an X-ray. Strangest golf injury I've heard of.

BANA Class of '86 ('89)

So did you fracture your wrist or leg?
BANA89
AG
Wrist
mt3950
AG
oh ok…when you said fibula i thought you may have hit your leg with a ball or club or something…also, make sure your doctor wasn't looking at your fibula when trying to diagnose wrist pain
Diet Cokehead
AG
I'm still reeling from Sunday. I parred the 1st 2 holes and then birdied the 3rd hole and then the wheels came flying off. I haven't lost it like that in a few years. Wound up with a 107.

I seriously wanted to quit on the drive home.
lazuras_dc
AG
How can you shoot the round of your life then have three range sessions in a row where u shank every ball ???!!!!

I'm in a bad mood
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Doubled the first(an easy par 5) and went bogey bogey on 17 and 18 when the rain moved in last Friday.
Shot 72 (best round in 2 years)
All I needed to do is play those 3 holes in 1 over for my best round.

really could have been special
F golf
mt3950
AG
Career'd it last Sunday at Pine Forest. 14 pars, 4 birdies - 68. My best round to date. Putted my ass off.

I'm sure I'll be due for an 82 next round, but I'll take my 68 all day!
t - cam
AG
I don't break 80 very much anymore so when I have a chance I get pretty bummed when I screw it up.

shot 38 and 46 last weekend. Wheels completely fell off. Still got a nice buzz though and had a great time with my friends.
AV8ORAG84
AG
There is a reason it is called Golf. All of rhe other 4 letter words were already taken !
agsalaska
AG
True.

I did get a reprieve today. Played Stevens Park for the first time and played pretty well. The rain was pretty annoying but I was able to keep my grips and gloves dry. Three birds, three bogeys, and a double. I am sure however such improvement will be short-lived considering it i golf.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I went out today and got things straightened out as well. Shot a 43 - 45 which is not a decent round for me.

Played at Watters Creek and it was in really nice shape.

[This message has been edited by Diet Cokehead (edited 6/8/2014 6:20p).]
Cru
S
F golf
agfan2013
AG
Easily one of my best rounds ever today. Now Caldwell country club isn't the hardest course, hell it's not even 18 holes, you gotta play 9 twice. But I only lost one ball the entire round and had every club in the bag working. Funny enough, my putter might have been my worst club and I've never had that happen before.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.