Bluejack National - Update

34,286 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jja79
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not much as far as breaking news but a nice little write up.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/04/tiger-woods-to-design-local-golf-course/

agfan2013
AG
appreciate the info, I had been looking for an article to show some family members since I was telling them about it. The article didnt mention it (or possibly it did and I'm just blind) but isnt this going to be a private course? Going to need a membership or know somebody to be able to play out there?
Idk3
AG
very interesting
213 Grove
AG
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/04/30/tiger-woods-to-design-new-houston-area-golf-course.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2014-04-30&u=29032367134e9df587b94a2f011aed&t=1398888822

DadAG10
http://golfweek.com/news/2014/apr/30/tiger-woods-golf-course-design-texas-bluejack-nati/

Will be in private development.

Probably will be semi-private at first until they have enough membership.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Sounds like an awesome concept. Very Pinehursty
ChainsawRAB04
AG
I own a lot in Crown Ranch which is right next door to Blaketree. Im happy!
Agdiesel
AG
I called Bluejack yesterday about membership information. I was told they will open up memberships mid-summer with initiation around $100K but they could not tell me what they thought the monthly dues will be.

The Muskrat
AG
quote:
I was told they will open up memberships mid-summer with initiation around $100K

Ha
nickel
$100K????

They're many miles from nowhere and not River Oaks or Houston CC etc
jja79
AG
Houston Oaks is in Hockley and is at $75K initiation.
Gig-Em2003
AG
That number is not surprising. This will be Whispering Pines level golf but without the subsidy from from the Robertson family. Also the National moniker implies intentions to be highly exclusive (think Dallas National, Augusta obviously).
jja79
AG
Don't forget Houston National.
Gig-Em2003
AG
There are certainly exceptions but they are going for a national membership with BlueJack. All I'm saying is that $100k seems in line with how they're approaching this.
jja79
AG
I was kidding obviously. My point in mentioning Houston Oaks charging and getting $75K with a remote location and this place at $100K with a remote location is that big money behaves differently when it comes to these things.
cheeky
AG
definitely 100k range but also rumored to be "invitation only"
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm sitting by the mailbox as I type this. Expecting my invite any day now!
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I was told they will open up memberships mid-summer with initiation around $100K
i've found my birthday present!!!!!!
AgDotCom
Tiger made a site visit last week.....

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/10/tiger-woods-course-design-busi.html
jja79
AG
This is being built by a development company and financed as founding memberships are sold. That's generally not a good situation.
nickel
That's standing on one of tees on #1 I think. Appears they're adding a fairway bunker which is in play off the tee. There we go, it's a redesign.

In terms of layout, there were some good holes out there before. Will be curious to see how much is really changed with the layout. If they do indeed go semi-private initially, will probably check it out.

garym2001
AG
I'd be shocked if it's ever semi private. Hard to get $100k initiations for a course that anyone can play.
jja79
AG
This.

The founding memberships are $1MM. I understand they've sold 10 and want to sell 10 more.

I don't think the pay as you go model is a very good one.
Lukeno
Codeno
AG
Here's an update from Golfweek. If you've played the course before, you can see some of the old holes on the course rendering.

Golfweek Article
1208HawkTree
AG
12 looks familiar...
Project Mayhem
AG
Looks like he turned the old #1 into a dogleg left par 5 utilizing the lake on the old #4 if I remember correctly.
AustinCountyAg
its a shame the course shut down like it did. I always enjoyed playing out there. now I'm afraid I will never step foot on the course again. Damn you Tiger Woods
Harry Stone
AG
love that he is having a short par 3 course built. makes for great end of day betting games.
jja79
AG
Anyone here planning to join?
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Anyone here planning to join?

Any word on memebership costs?

I thought this was going to be an uber-expensive super-exclusive type club.
jja79
AG
I got my info from a Robert Trent Jones course designer so I have reason to believe him. He said full golf initiation will be $100K.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I got my info from a Robert Trent Jones course designer so I have reason to believe him. He said full golf initiation will be $100K.
guess I'll have to wait for coupon day or something.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:
guess I'll have to wait for coupon day or something.

Yep. I'm holdin out till it goes up on golfnow.com
lknapp
If you're interested in seeing pictures of it during construction, follow Eric Bauer on twitter.. He's their Directer of Agronomy and, he posts pics and info almost everyday.. I've enjoyed watching the progress..
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.