Bachelor party golf ideas

6,678 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Jack Daniels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
8 of us will be playing 2 rounds of golf this weekend for a friend's bachelor party, so we are looking for some good bets to make

2 of us are scratch or better, the rest shoot high 80s on a good day. We need to play something that won't end up being just me vs the other guy and gets everyone involved. Thanks for any ideas.
agsalaska
AG
Straight up no strokes match play thousand bucks a hole. You should do well.
EastTexAg14
AG
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf/2012/golf-betting-games?currentPage=2
zebco
I've done this before:

- split into two teams of 4, try and get them as even as possible in terms of skill

- everyone plays their own ball

- each hole your team gets to drop the worst score, so for a 4-man team if there's a 3, 4, 4, & 5 your team writes down an 11 for that hole (the 5 gets dropped)

- do that for 18 holes, stroke play

- touch base with each other after 9 holes (or more frequent via text) to see which team is in the lead.

I've done this twice and it was within 3 shots both times. It's pretty fun if you can get the worse players to buy-in to it and realize that their 7 or 8 could lose the team the match. We always did some bet like losers buy dinner or beers or whatever
stick93
AG
How about your ball plus the best of the other 3. On the 2nd round let the other 3 guys shamble (select drive) and take their two best plus yours. Or just do a 4 man shamble and keep the best 2 or 3 scores.Should speed up play a bunch and allow the lesser players to play with less stress and still feel like they can contribute.

I played in an event recently where we scrambled par 5's, shambled par 4's(kept 2) and best ball on par 3's (kept 2). Great format but you obviously don't come close to keeping your own score.
martinski
Golfing with the guys is always a great bachelor party idea, but most probably you'll need some beginner tips and clubs for the ones that are just starting out, so that you all get to enjoy.
tamu2009
AG
Holy thread bump
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Interesting bump
mt3950
AG
second bachelor party??
DannyDuberstein
AG
Is a bot getting married?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.