Pine Forest Country Club in Houston

31,881 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
DRE06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone members here?

Location is pretty convenient to me, they have a great new pool, and tennis courts.

How's the golf? The best golfer in our regular Saturday group (shot 70 yesterday) says PFCC is known for having some of the best greens in Houston.

The Young Executive membership rates are pretty attractive.
Icecream_Ag
S
I drive by it frequently as my office is just up the street by the library and court house. The few holes by the road look to be in good shape, but that's the best I can offer
stick93
AG
I think they have finished resurfacing. They converted nine holes at a time from emerald to Champion (I believe). Haven't been on the greens this year but they should be in great shape.
1208HawkTree
AG
Nice course with 27 good holes. Tight, shorter course that plays longer than the yardage indicates due to a handful of holes that are essentially forced layups off the tee (2 of the 3 opening par 5's fall into this category with water about 280 from the back tee). Greens are its main defense, as they are small, hard, and fast. Definitely a second shot course - you miss the green on the wrong side (or even hit the green in the wrong spot) and par will be tough.

I'm not a member, but have played there a handful of times (will be playing city am qualifier in Sep). If it were a little closer to home I'd definitely consider it.
agforlife97
AG
I played there once, but didn't become a member because it's so far away. It's very nice. Only downside is proximity to an airport runway.
1208HawkTree
AG
I think the scorecard references the fact that it's a federal offense to hit an airplane with a golf ball. I have definitely seen planes landing out there that at least appeared to be within striking distance for the right person. A little unnerving if you aren't expecting it, but you get used to it, and it's not that busy of a runway.
Furlock Bones
AG
Dre,

what are the rates for young exec? I'm actually pretty close to this course.
DRE06
AG
Young Executive is until age 43.

$2000 initiation;
Dues
$339 (39-42)
$293 (36-38)
$247 (33-35)
$203 (21-32)

$25/month capital dues
$75/month food/bev minimum
$14 cart fee
Weekend guest fee $64 + cart

[This message has been edited by Dre06 (edited 6/26/2013 2:26p).]
Kitty Nipples (BDNRB 07)
AG
Im looking into it right now as well. My fatehr in law mentioned is getting ready to join and mentioned it to me. Everything i've seen looks impressive. I had a buddy shopping other CC's around houston - he said it's abouve average on price comapared to some of the other middle-tier CC's - Ravenau and North Gate (Cypress Area) were less expensive on I/D, but they are not nearly as nice and not nearly as close for me.
maplunkett
AG
Not a member but I get to play in it in a weekly tournament after work during the summer and really enjoy the layout. My coworker is a member there and enjoys the course and the amenities.
Furlock Bones
AG
DRE,

did you end up joining?
cwpaggie07
AG
My parents are members and like it a lot. Like has been said, the course isn't long, but plays longer than the yardage because of hole set up. I can also second the greens, the are some of the fastest and hardest I've played.
CapCity12thMan
AG
quote:
but plays longer than the yardage because of hole set up

huh?
Kitty Nipples (BDNRB 07)
AG
I ended up hitting the pause button.

Beautiful place and really like the layout - I was actually more impressed than I thought i would be with the facilities.

But when we sat down to talk #'s, dues went from $300/month to $500/month real fast. I guess I get caught up in the little things - like how range balls and cart fees are not included in dues. It's an additional $7/visit for range balls and 14/round for carts. Our sales rep told us to conservitely factor in $150 over the $75/month Food & Drink minimum.

It was tought to swallow 5-600/month, or another 6K annual in monthly dues.
HouAggie
AG
quote:
It's an additional $7/visit for range balls

They charge you each time you use the range?
garym2001
AG
Any club you join will charge you for a cart and range balls. My club charges ~$20/person for a cart and I pay ~$250/yr for unlimited range access. We don't have a food & bev minimum but I easily spend a couple hundred a month on that as well. Just all depends on how often you plan on using the facilities, not just the golf course.
DRE06
AG
I keep on getting the itch to join. Anyone played at Pine Forest lately?

Went to a birthday party last year out there and Pine Forest CC had just finished a huge new resort style pool. Very attractive amenity with the 1st kid on the way.

LeFraud
Pull the trigger!

I know the assistant pro, looks like I need to get down there and check it out.
DRE06
AG
It's going to happen, just a matter of when. Son is due next month, so I imagine I won't be getting out/away for the next few months. Hope to be a member by next year....about the time when he's old enough for the wife to take him to the pool while I play a morning round of golf.
DRE06
AG
For anyone on the southwest side, or even centrally located, I would check out Sugar Creek. One of the older clubs in Houston that is making a major push to attract young professionals to replace the older membership that is declining. They have (and continue) to make significant upgrades to their facilities that were pretty out-dated.

Three 9 hole courses, one that was just completely redone and is set to open in the next few months and another that is schedule to undergo renovation next hear. Brand new bar area and outside patio on the 19th hole, & about to start lockeroom renovations now that the bar is done.

Pretty solid group of guys in the 28-35 age group.
inozips
AG
Did not like - too many planes coming & going from West Houston Airport .
billyag20
AG
I've been a member out there for 2 years and I love it. Course is always in good shape and you can usually play a round in about 3.5 hours. They are currently re-doing the irrigation on all 3 nines. They are doing one at a time so there is always 18 open
astrosaggie1212
AG
Are the dues listed earlier in the thread still pretty close to what they are today?
billyag20
AG
I believe the initiation is the same, but the dues have risen a little bit. I'm 32 and I think the base dues are around $250, f&b minimum is the same. They did away with $25/month capital dues charge
DRE06
AG
$3000 initiation;
Dues
$360 (39-42)
$310 (36-38)
$265 (33-35)
$220 (21-32)

$25/month capital dues
$75/month food/bev minimum

Here's the info I just received. Dues went up about $15/mo and the info inrecieved still list the capital expense of $25.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Forced layups
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Dre06,

did you end up joining? just moved to fleetwood about a year ago and the club is the most convenient to me with the exception of Lakeside. Ive been wanting to get out there and play.

Did it take on any water with the tax day flooding?
dbtexasag05
Played in a member guest at Pine Forest end of April. Coming in from Denver I thought for sure it would have been hammered from the floods.

Golf course was in fantastic shape. The greens were fast and true. Anybody *****ing about an airplane is being silly in my opinion. My gripe about the course is that you don't have the ability to constantly hit driver. I thought it was a great test of skill and each nine has its own feel.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
anyone a member and want to grab a round out there? 5 handicap, dont mind paying the guest fee
Westicles
AG
I played in that M-G as well out there in April as a guest and they got that course in excellent shape after those storms. Was a fun tourney! How'd y'all do in it?

The tax day floods flooded their pro shop. I never heard a timeline to get it back open.
Ag_07
AG
If anyone is interested I just got an evite from them to an open house at the club on Saturday June 4
dbtexasag05
We finished tied for third in the championship flight.

It was a great time. We may or may not have had too much to drink after we won (tied for first) in the par 3 tournament.
hunterjr81
I've played Pine Forest and agree it is in great shape. However, I am a member at Raveneaux since it is very close to my house. I like Raveneaux mainly because Carts and range balls are included. Only downside is the course could be in better shape. 9 holes are still closed from the flooding but they are working feverishly on them.
Westicles
AG
Nice!

We ended up winning our flight and losing out in the second hole of the horserace. We bought ourselves so the Calcutta money was fantastic.
DRE06
AG
Finally pulled the trigger 3 years later.

Not officially a member until June 1, but taking the wife and 14 month old to the pool tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.