Costs of Membership at B/CS CCs

57,479 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zombie
Sooper Jeenyus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Worked at Miramont for a year or two during undergrad.

Rarely saw golfers anywhere. Greens get mowed daily. The amount of resources put into that course vs. the amount of play it receives is absurd.
hot dog
AG
I was a cart boy out there for a year during undergrad as well. Always empty. Spent 90% of my shifts hunting for balls.
KidDoc
AG
My wife & I just took up golf a year ago and are terrible of course, hitting 109/114 last round at Briarcrest/Phillips a week ago. We love the game & time together and I'm looking at options in Aggieland and for bad golfers nothing seems to stack up to Phillips right now. $225/month with unlimited golf and no initiation seems impossible to beat. I really liked the course as far as hills and tee box gambles on my first round. We are going back next week for another round but since it seems we can join month by month we may just pay the $225 on good weather months or months when we have time relative to paying the $8000 initiation and $350/month fees at Pebble creek for things we have no interest in (pool, tennis, dining, gym).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CTGilley
AG
KidDoc said:

My wife & I just took up golf a year ago and are terrible of course, hitting 109/114 last round at Briarcrest/Phillips a week ago. We love the game & time together and I'm looking at options in Aggieland and for bad golfers nothing seems to stack up to Phillips right now. $225/month with unlimited golf and no initiation seems impossible to beat. I really liked the course as far as hills and tee box gambles on my first round. We are going back next week for another round but since it seems we can join month by month we may just pay the $225 on good weather months or months when we have time relative to paying the $8000 initiation and $350/month fees at Pebble creek for things we have no interest in (pool, tennis, dining, gym).
Unless they changed something your are locked in for the first year and then you go month to month after that.
KidDoc
AG
CTGilley said:

KidDoc said:

Unless they changed something your are locked in for the first year and then you go month to month after that.
You are correct you have to pay every month for 12 months for year. You can do a three month membership but that is all money up front + additional $200.

We will likely join next month since we will be out of town for a week for a cruise soon.

On another note their weekday happy hour at the Quarry is amazing. $2 craft beer pints is hard to believe!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CTGilley
AG
I live out there but with the winter months / hunting season coming up and having a baby early March I am letting my membership go after Oct or Nov. It is a great deal if you play. Three weekend days pay for the membership.

I will reassess after the baby comes but I do not see having a lot of time or extra money for the next 18 years.
KidDoc
AG
CTGilley said:

I live out there but with the winter months / hunting season coming up and having a baby early March I am letting my membership go after Oct or Nov. It is a great deal if you play. Three weekend days pay for the membership.

I will reassess after the baby comes but I do not see having a lot of time or extra money for the next 18 years.
I hear ya. I just moved my 2nd and last child out to A&M in August so I'm on the other side of the spectrum as you so looking for ways to enjoy myself and the new free time!
Broncos
Any recent numbers on this?

I hear Traditions monthly dues aren't bad at all... the initiation fee just wouldn't be ideal right now since we just paid for a wedding and we're still trying to replenish!
8RB8
Broncos said:

Any recent numbers on this?

I hear Traditions monthly dues aren't bad at all... the initiation fee just wouldn't be ideal right now since we just paid for a wedding and we're still trying to replenish!
Recent mail out that I saw had Traditions full membership at $12,000 initiation and $440 monthly. Junior was $6,000 initiation with a scaled monthly fee by age ($205-$335).

I am curious the latest numbers for Miramont, specifically Junior membership. Any insight on that?
OutdoorAg2010
AG
Have y'all heard anything about memberships at Pebble Creek?
Zombie
OutdoorAg2010 said:

Have y'all heard anything about memberships at Pebble Creek?
I just joined this week. $7,000 initiation, $360/month full family membership. I got free carts for 6 months, not sure if that is still a promotion or not though

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.