Houston area Country Clubs

53,062 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jja79
mosesrab90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston Oaks is a goat farm .. Join Bluejack - if it doesn't go bankrupt its the best in town
amazing151
do you know membership costs?
Mr. Nussbaum
AG
mosesrab90 said:

Houston Oaks is a goat farm .. Join Bluejack - if it doesn't go bankrupt its the best in town
I was just at Houston Oaks the other day, completely redone and no longer a goat farm. Chet Williams (architect of Whispering Pines) did a great job on the redo. Should be open to the members soon.
jja79
AG
mosesrab90 said:

I doubt you've been at Houston Oaks the past several years. The entire property which is now 1,000 acres has been turn into a pretty spectacular club. The golf course is the last big part of the puzzle after the clubhouse, tennis club, gub club and stocked, managed fishing lakes.

The business model is very solid. The owners paid cash for everything. Blue Jack is a development company building amenities as they raise cash.
SmackDaddy
AG
Bluejack is well ahead of plan.
tandy miller
AG
jja79 said:

mosesrab90 said:

I doubt you've been at Houston Oaks the past several years. The entire property which is now 1,000 acres has been turn into a pretty spectacular club. The golf course is the last big part of the puzzle after the clubhouse, tennis club, gub club and stocked, managed fishing lakes.

The business model is very solid. The owners paid cash for everything. Blue Jack is a development company building amenities as they raise cash.
Is this the club you posted pics of the other day JJ? That place was incredible
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Yes
jja79
AG
It is.
Cabtex
AG
I know Clubcorp is hit or miss with some people, but it works out great for me and the wife. We joined out at Falcon Point under the Young Executive Membership (YEX). It's only $299 per month with no initiation.

We can play any of the 10-15 Houston Clubcorp courses twice a month each at any time, any teetime at Falcon Point, as well as playing any other club owned by Clubcorp in the country once a month. Plus you can go eat at the dinner clubs for free once a month while travelling as well.
mosesrab90
AG
Think Bluejack nut is 90k unless you buy real estate.
jja79
AG
My understanding is that will increase when they build a clubhouse, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.