My Customized Scotty Cameron

10,591 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Bond
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A few of my buddies and myself did this at the golf shop I work at. We took the stock red paint off with Acetone replaced it with black and metallic gold, did all the work ourselves....let me know what you think.

"I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland."
leachfan
G-Town Cracker
AG
pimpin

I hate the red on mine.
AgDotCom
Looks nice.

Just curious, how many of you carry a Scotty with the headcover? I have about a $300 T.P. Mills that I cover with a stealth headcover so nobody will be tempted to steal it.

I realize not having a Scotty headcover takes a lot of fun out of it and it's a damn shame that people steal high dollar clubs with no respect for the owner, but do any of you think a plain headcover has merit?
Mr.Bond
AG
I understand your point I really do. But I have $1200 irons with no covers and another 700 in woods with a 200 bag so it'd be pointless for me. But your point is valid.
JR69
AG
quote:
but do any of you think a plain headcover has merit?

Yep - plain black on the Scotty, an Aggie cover on the driver, and some old school knitted covers on fw woods. Shoot, some clowns will just steal the Cameron headcovers - apparently they are collectible and worth a bunch of bucks, especially old ones.
whoopskis
join a country club, much safer and everyone has high dollar clubs and money.
HouAggie
AG
Joining a country club sounds like a pretty expensive solution!
Ragoo
AG
Can you get insurance on your clubs? Seems cheaper than joining a club with an initiation fee and monthly dues.
AgDotCom
quote:
join a country club, much safer and everyone has high dollar clubs and money.

I remember playing my first round ever at a nice club when I was young and broke. I played with a buddy in a similar situation, and what I remember was him saying on every hole "Look at all these perfectly good tees!!!!!" as he stalked all over the teeing ground, picked them up and stuffed his pockets with them.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I leave my SC headcover on. I'm in the same boat as having nice irons and drivers, so I just "hope for the best" and don't leave my clubs by themselves for very long.
bdgol07
HouAggie
AG
I putt with the headcover on, just to make sure it's extra safe and protected.
Mr.Bond
AG
Since the rain was killing my golf game I figured I'd strip the paint from the project 5 years ago and go with a patriotic look. I'm going to work on my fastback 1.5 this week and try an A&M maroon and white look. I'll post them when I finish

Goodfield Nohit
if you are worried about people stealing your putter, you need to get to know a better class of people.
jj9000
AG
quote:
if you are worried about people stealing your putter, you need to get to know a better class of people.

Do you want to know how I know you don't play much golf?
aggiebrother33
quote:
I understand your point I really do. But I have $1200 irons with no covers and another 700 in woods with a 200 bag so it'd be pointless for me. But your point is valid.

Simple brag :-)
1208HawkTree
AG
I don't use the Scotty cover that came with mine. It's actually never been used now that I think of it. I have a beat to hell GolfWRX Aggie Maroon cover with a Texas Flag stitched into it. They made a bunch of them in watever color we wanted for the group from Houston that joined WRX when we got kicked off of Bombsquadgolf. Probably going on 10 years now that I've had that cover and nobody knows what's underneath. It's nothing "really" special, either, but if it were gone I'd have a problem with that.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
Because the person that steals his putter would obviously be someone he knows.
Mr.Bond
AG
Still got some cleaning up to do and I'm going to redo the far right maroon circle on the face but here is the fastback in fighting Texas Aggie maroon and white

jj9000
AG
quote:
Still got some cleaning up to do and I'm going to redo the far right maroon circle on the face but here is the fastback in fighting Texas Aggie maroon and white

Hey Bond...search GolfWRX for a member named "Deerslayer'. Then search for some of his content.

You'll be amazed at some of the custom work he's done for his son (plays for OK St). Also, he's a really nice guy if you have questions.

Once you see some of his work, you'll want to grab the acetone and start from scratch. I don't want to oversell it, but the translucent paint he uses and the multiple colors he blends into his Cameron's cherry dots is amazing.
jj9000
AG
Here...I'll save you some time.

FWIW, this is one of the best threads I've read on GolfWRX...talk about a guy who stands behind his son...a model parent, indeed.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/438546-strattons-witb-red-white-ping-new-update-video-page-18/page__fromsearch__1
Mr.Bond
AG
I certainly appreciate it! I like the clear colors but can not find clear maroon anywhere on the Internet
G-Town Cracker
AG
Pretty sure Deerslayer won state many moons ago. Here are two awesome videos he's made:

G-Town Cracker
AG
AgPrognosticator
AG
That first video is hilarious.
Mr.Bond
AG
jj9000
AG
Thread is still on track.

Stratton is the kid I referenced that plays at OK. St...he's Deerslayer's son.

Read that thread, Bond...it's a really cool journey.
flogmat
AG
Cool restoration. I have an old oil can Santa Fe. Any experience in cleaning that finish up?
Mr.Bond
AG
Just started working on a California Del Mar

Using a new paint, Tamiya Clear Colors (much like what cameron uses. So far it's an amazing paint, only draw back is their limited selection. I went with green and yellow to match my headcover in the OP.

Let me know what you think so far, hasn't been cleaned yet.
Mr.Bond
AG
Just started working on a California Del Mar

Using a new paint, Tamiya Clear Colors (much like what cameron uses. So far it's an amazing paint, only draw back is their limited selection. I went with green and yellow to match my headcover in the OP.

Let me know what you think so far, hasn't been cleaned yet.
BigHitterDaLama
Thats definitely the paint to use. If you dont follow Cameron on instagram, check out some of the pics he has up. One shows the painting tip they use to do fillwork.

Nice Notre Dame colors though......LOL
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm using a 25 gauge tip, very Fine. I was fearing someone would say bayLOL colors haha. I'll take notre dame. Is currently drying but it came out awesome imo. Best I've ever done
BigHitterDaLama
Bond, Im seriously thinking about popping on this:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/5140255521.html

I recently sold the Tour One off bettinardi I had on ebay and made a few bucks so maybe nows a good time.
Mr.Bond
AG
Bout time you sold that bettinardi lol. Dude that's a sweet looking flat stick
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.