Sips on every again head down the path of destruction

5,860 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Kool
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article110989212.html

Quote:

You can believe what you want, but there was a fleeting moment in 2013 when powerful boosters at Texas thought they had a chance of stealing Saban. But it was too messy at the time. The athletic director's chair was changing. Saban backed away and acted as if it never happened.

He should be the first one that Perrin calls, especially if Saban yawn wins another national championship this year at Alabama.

Tuscaloosa versus Austin? Is this a trick question?

Things change. Goals change. Minds change.

Maybe even Nick Saban changes.

If I'm Mike Perrin, that's my list, even if it breaks the Harbaugh bank.

Texas is in a unique position, offering a unique job. It won't be looking at price tags.

YES! Write a check for whatever Saban wants! That's the beginning and end of your search!

What could possibly go wrong?
SchizoAg
AG
Their delusion knows no bounds.
CrottyKid
AG
These guys don't even live on the same planet, do they?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd rather live in Tuscaloosa and be the HC at Alabama than at Texas and live in Austin.

Velvet Jones
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd rather live in Tuscaloosa and be the HC at Alabama than at Texas and live in Austin.

It's not just you.
The Collective
AG
The troll at the FWST strikes again.
How does a sportswriter's opinion become the view of the sips?
rocky the dog
AG
Stupid sips. They think money is the answer to everything. Or, to put it another way, they think they can buy their way back to relevance.

Stupid sips.
goodAg80
AG
33 said:

How does a sportswriter's opinion become the view of the sips?
Is that a rhetorical question or do you want to know the process?
Schrute
Quote:

Texas is in a unique position, offering a unique job
I have no words
Post removed:
by user
vin1041
AG
Really?
The Collective
AG
Gil Leberton is a troll not a sip... he's exposed each time his fingers meet the keys on a keyboard.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Quote:

But this is Texas. Nobody in college football has more money. No job in college football is more coveted.....

And Texas, with its Longhorn Network, isn't the kind of program that has to go around checking price tags. In the currency of college football, the Longhorns coach's picture is on the $100 bill......

Tuscaloosa versus Austin? Is this a trick question?.....

Texas is in a unique position, offering a unique job. It won't be looking at price tags.

Holy **** , even Ketch in all of his bloated, wing-drunk, T-shirt sip fandom doesn't come across as this arrogant. This guy is supposed to be an unbiased professional media member?
LHIOB
AG
Quote:

All well and good. But this is Texas. Nobody in college football has more money.

Ummm...about that
Phatbob
AG
Schrute said:

Quote:

Texas is in a unique position, offering a unique job
I have no words
It's the professional version of "She has a GREAT personality"... except she doesn't.
Muy
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Tuscaloosa was a great town to visit, Alabama doesn't have the freaks that Austin does, and Saban already has an incredible lake house where he and the family spend lots of time.

Literally zero reason to even consider changing any of that. I'm guessing the author hasn't been to Tuscaloosa or Birmingham.
CDUB98
AG
Isn't Syria currently a safer place to live than Birmingham?
'03ag
Yes. We need you on that wall, Gil.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Tuscaloosa was a great town to visit, Alabama doesn't have the freaks that Austin does, and Saban already has an incredible lake house where he and the family spend lots of time.
Lake Martin makes Lake Travis look like exactly what it is...a river. No comparison.

Saban also has a beach home in Florida, just a few hours away. In short, he's a water rat. Loves boating.

Most importantly, Miss Terry is very happy in Tuscaloosa. She's moved enough throughout his career. He'll do what she wants on this one.
up-n-aTm
AG
When an article starts with "You can believe what you want.....", you know damn good and well that everything after that is bull****.
LostInLA07
AG
These morons never learn. Set expectations at Saban and tell the world that's who you're getting...done deal.

End up with Strong 2.0
Mr_mo8268
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Lake Martin makes Lake Travis look like exactly what it is...a river. No comparison.

Saban also has a beach home in Florida, just a few hours away. In short, he's a water rat. Loves boating.

Most importantly, Miss Terry is very happy in Tuscaloosa. She's moved enough throughout his career. He'll do what she wants on this one.

Blue star for Lake Martin. Damn great place.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

But it was too messy at the time. The athletic director's chair was changing. Saban backed away and acted as if it never happened.
Nothing has changed. The AD's office is still in disarray and Perrin is a short-timer. He probably won't be there next year. He originally wasn't even supposed to still be there this season. The only reason they took the "Interim" tag off was because Strong was having trouble hiring an OC.
RGLAG85
AG
And about this "more money than anyone"?

Where's the new basketball arena?

Where's the DKR stadium upgrades?

They can't even build a long overdue tennis facility.
whatthehey78
AG
Don't think that $1,500* "signing bonus" is going to swing-the-deal in Nick's favor.

*$1,500 - tu's budget surplus.
Muy
AG
Our Birmingham friends have a place on Lake Martin, we spent the 4th there this summer, and it's not even comparable to Austin lakes. Lake Martin is cream of the crop. I think that Saban's lake house may be on another lake in Georgia, but both are incredible.

The old money cruising around Lake Martin puts the upper in upper crust.
Muy
AG
Saban's lakehouse is in the N. Georgia mountains
aggiehawg
AG
Muy said:

Our Birmingham friends have a place on Lake Martin, we spent the 4th there this summer, and it's not even comparable to Austin lakes. Lake Martin is cream of the crop. I think that Saban's lake house may be on another lake in Georgia, but both are incredible.

The old money cruising around Lake Martin puts the upper in upper crust.

He's had more than one lake house within the last few years. You are probably right that his current house is on Lake Burton. There are a few lakes that are near the Bama/Georgia border.
The Original AG 76
AG
Alabama is an absolutely beautiful state . Their gulf coast , while not very long, tops ours in EVERY aspect. North Ala is extremely livable and has everything an outdoorsman would want. Both BHam and Bugtussle have outstanding neighborhoods .
Austin snobs need to get over their myopic view. If your older than 35 there really isn't much there for you. Traffic is worse than Houston ( I've lived in both) . The food is meh ... 6th st is great for kids. It I doubt a 60ish year old coach would give a damn.
If I had to choose tween Austin and N Ala .... ( and proximity to Aggieland wasn't imperative) not even close !
DifferenceMaker Ag
rocky the dog said:

Stupid sips. They think money is the answer to everything. Or, to put it another way, they think they can buy their way back to relevance.

Stupid sips.
In fact, they have been paid into irrelevance. Funny how that works.
80s Guy

Photoshop guys, go to work
Aggie Joe 93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

But it was too messy at the time. The athletic director's chair was changing.
Nothing has changed. The AD's office is still in disarray and Perrin is a short-timer. He probably won't be there next year....

I'm sure this will be remedied soon. I mean, who doesn't want to be the new AD who fires their first black head coach with a couple years left in his initial contract?
The Collective
AG
Why is Bama a better job? It apparently is easy to organize the boosters, school, and athletic department with a single purpose of being the best football program in the country. Can that be so easily replicated elsewhere?
aggiehawg
AG
Fenves is between a rock and a hard space here. Hampered in hiring a new AD so he gets to make the decision to fire Strong.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.