Ok, what am I missing - BU vs sippy?

9,736 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Collective
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why is this line so close? Not only is BU way better than sippy, sippy is losing their coach.

3 points?

Is this easy money, or something else?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Last night on the CBS football show they said baylor is favored by one point!
Schrute
Vegas doesn't look at the rankings. They look at reality. The reality is that Baylol is only marginally better than tu.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Baylol has played nobody. It is so bad, their SOS actually went up with the bye week!
Ag_EE
AG
And if tu wins, they will have beaten two "top 10" teams. Question: With a win, will they switch places with Baylol and be in the hunt for a CFP spot at 4-4?
Token
AG
Because Baylor hasn't played anyone. Vegas has no idea what to expect
Science Denier
AG
Well, BU beat Okie State and Okie State beat sippy 49-31. Yea, comparative scores, I get it.

It seems that anyone with a pulse could beat them, especially when it's already been declared to the world that Strong is out and Herman is in. I'm not saying BU deserves their ranking by any stretch, but sips got rolled by Kansas State. The score in that game was way closer than the actual game.

BU has an offense and sippy has zero defense. ZERO. BU may be highly over rated, but they will score a ton on that sip defense. If the sips have a few penalties and stall just 2 or 3 drives, they will lose.

What do their players have to play for? Well, not that they were playing hard anyway.

Finally, with their coaching staff out, I doubt those strange calls that usually help the sips out will be happening. Hell, they probably want to lose so that Strong looks terrible and they won't look like a bunch of racists who fire their black coach in only 3 years. Ok, maybe this is a bit over the top.

Are there any injuries to BU that are big? They always seem to get a QB or two hurt.
Bob Dobalina
I could see it. Baylor almost lost to ISU, and has no defense. tu can run the ball, at least against bad defenses, which is what you need to keep Baylor's offense off the field.

I would actually like to see a Baylor loss here because Baylor is an awful place run by awful people on a level far more awful than tu. Plus, if tu really is trying to hire Herman, every unexpected Strong victory ****s it up for them.
Schrute
Will tu fire a coach that has victories over 2 top 10 teams?
Science Denier
AG
Schrute said:

Will tu fire a coach that has victories over 2 top 10 teams?
1. Strong is black
2. Sippy is racist

Of course they would.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Charlie wins at least one game a year he doesn't have any business winning. Baylor always has a wtf moment sometime in the season.

This may be it for both teams.

In reality, I think Rapelor wins 59-38
coolerguy12
AG
I'm pulling hard for the sips in this one. Gives them doubt about firing strong and knocks the rapists down a peg or two.

Of course if the sips lose it just puts them further in the hole. It's a win-win for me
Dr Lane Trowlan
jblaschke said:

Why is this line so close? Not only is BU way better than sippy, sippy is losing their coach.

3 points?

Because Baylor probably isn't that much better than sip. They both suck. Baylor is gonna end up 9-3 in a terrible league.
Kenneth_2003
AG
So what you're saying... BDF football is about as predictable and organized as the frog races at the fair.
Spotted Ag
AG
baylol barely beat the vaunted cylclones of iowa state. They have played NO ONE. Should be a good game. sips are tested...rapey bears are not.
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
The total win count of all the teams that Baylor has beat is 12.

The total win count of the only team that A&M lost to is 8.

FNG
coolerguy12 said:

I'm pulling hard for the sips in this one. Gives them doubt about firing strong and knocks the rapists down a peg or two.

Of course if the sips lose it just puts them further in the hole. It's a win-win for me
bonfarr
AG
Will Leak Leak get the start? If not it will be fun listening to Chollie spin the rotation bs again.
redd38
AG
jblaschke said:

3 points?

wait till you hear about the Baylor coach
SigAg6
AG
I hope the sips win.
Cynical_Texan
AG
BringJackieBack89 said:

Baylol has played nobody. It is so bad, their SOS actually went up with the bye week!
Baylol has played 6 teams, 4 of which have a 1-6 record.

Baylol is ranked 8th off beating 4 teams with a 1-6 record. This is why AP poll sucks.
GAC06
AG
Baylor is also coming off a bye week. I agree that it's almost impossible to predict because frankly neither team is good, and the sips offense is the right kind to grind on the rapists
Agz96
AG
Quote:

t.u. will win the ballgame

And the stronghorns will demonstrate midget tossing once again, and all will be right with the world in austin.

Strong will then be fired at halftime of the tech game when they are down 50, and the world will laugh and point at the cesspool in austin.
Schrute
I remember last season after the Baylol game the sips were saying "see, Charlie is turning things around! We beat Baylor! No one thought we could do it!"

No mention of the fact that the game came down to the wire - and the fact that Baylol was playing a WR at QB...
BESCo91
AG
Baylor schedule played:
- Northwestern State - FCS
- SMU - 3-4
- Rice - 1-6
- OkSt - 5-2
- Iowa St - 1-6
- Kansas - 1-6

Total combined wins of their five FBS opponents is 11.
That's an average of 2.2 wins per team.

The sips are horrible, but baylor ain't good either.
Their #8 ranking is an absolute joke!!

stardustag
AG
It's a home game for the sips, they are getting some credit for home field advantage, whatever that means...
Schrute
stardustag said:

It's a home game for the sips, they are getting some credit for home field advantage, whatever that means...
Well, they did beat 2-5 ND, 1-6 ISU, and 2-5 UTEP at home. So sips have the home momentum.
aggiehawg
AG
stardustag said:

They do play a tad better at home than on the road.

There's just too much uncertainty on the coaching side for both teams. Is Baylor Grobe's team? Or Baby Briles'?

Has Strong lost his team with all of the rumors of his imminent termination, demoting Bedford, listless practices, players meetings, etc.??
Wabs
AG
aggiehawg said:

stardustag said:

They do play a tad better at home than on the road.

There's just too much uncertainty on the coaching side for both teams. Is Baylor Grobe's team? Or Baby Briles'?

Has Strong lost his team with all of the rumors of his imminent termination, demoting Bedford, listless practices, players meetings, etc.??
One thing is for certain, the sips will have their home crowd supporting them for 4 quarters. Right?
Bald Messiah
AG
For me, this game is excruciating. I literally hate them both so much that I can't decide which team to pull against this weekend. Hopefully, they get into a massive brawl that spills into the stands and every player, coach, and fan gets ejected, then arrested. A super rare double forfeit would be spectacular. Or a cage fight between Clay Hodge and Briles to determine the winner.
Franz Joseph
tu needs to run the game plan against Bay that Kan St ran against tu.
91_Aggie
AG
Here's your guide for who to root against.

1. Baylor is in in AP top 10. Therefore you want Baylor to lose. You don't have to root for sip... just root against Baylor. Winning this doesn't help sip.

2. you also want to root against West VA... you don't want any BDF team to be in the conversation for the playoff.

Best case scenario is Baylor loses this weekend, and then Baylor beats WVU later.

That knocks every BDF team out of any playoff talk. They likely wouldn't be considered by the committee, but you don't even want them mentioned at the end of the year... keep them irrelevant.

That's the best Schadenfreude scenario.
The Collective
AG
Token said:

Because Baylor hasn't played anyone. Vegas has no idea what to expect

I have seen the sip & Baylor defenses this year. I know what to expect.
GAC06
AG
The real best case scenario involves both Baylor and WVU losing to Big12 bottom dwellers in addition to each other. Your scenario is good too though
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.