Ok, what am I missing - BU vs sippy?

9,785 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Collective
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OP - Vegas sets the line at a number where half the people bet on one team and half the other. Then they profit by collecting their juice.

They don't care who wins - it's just an example of crowd sourcing.

P.S. - always bet against Texas and Notre Dame as their fan bases always bet on their team to win and artificially bias the line against their team.
wbt5845
AG
PSS - this crowd sourcing method works alarmingly well. Remember everyone *****ing about us being +18 last weekend and "getting no respect" and "Vegas hated us"? How'd that end up?
The Collective
AG
wbt5845 said:

OP - Vegas sets the line at a number where half the people bet on one team and half the other. Then they profit by collecting their juice.

You sure of that?
whatthehey78
AG
FranzJ posted:
Quote:

tu needs to run the game plan against Bay that Kan St ran against tu.

Yeah...if only tu's players knew what a game plan is, or how to execute one.
BESCo91
AG
91_Aggie said:

Here's your guide for who to root against.

1. Baylor is in in AP top 10. Therefore you want Baylor to lose. You don't have to root for sip... just root against Baylor. Winning this doesn't help sip.

2. you also want to root against West VA... you don't want any BDF team to be in the conversation for the playoff.

Best case scenario is Baylor loses this weekend, and then Baylor beats WVU later.

That knocks every BDF team out of any playoff talk. They likely wouldn't be considered by the committee, but you don't even want them mentioned at the end of the year... keep them irrelevant.

That's the best Schadenfreude scenario.
Yep.

Also this weekend ......
- Want Oklahoma State to beat West Virginia (possible)
- Want Michigan State to beat Michigan (highly unlikely)
- Want Georgia to beat Florida (possible)
- Want Utah to beat Washington (possible)
- Want Northwestern to beat Ohio State (pretty much impossible)
- Wyoming to beat Boise (possible)
- Kansas to beat Oklahoma (impossible)
- Wisconsin to beat Nebraska (possible)
- Auburn to beat Ole Miss (likely)
- Tennessee to beat South Carolina (likely)
- Florida State to beat Clemson (possible)
ntxVol
I'm guessing Vegas isn't getting much action on this game, so they are trying to entice some action with that line. Fool's gold, I wouldn't touch it.
wbt5845
AG
CJS4715 said:

wbt5845 said:

You sure of that?
They certainly TRY for that. They do move the line to "tease" betting on one side if they think it's a good bet for them. Think about it - the best way to assure making money on any one game is to have an equal pot on each side and collect the juice from the winners. If you hedge your pool towards one side, you run the risk of making a lot MORE money or getting cleaned out.
752bro4
AG
wbt5845 said:

100% inaccurate. This is the case only in a few select games (Super Bowl, NFL Conference Championships, NCAA National Championship). Those few offer a huge exposure, and they'll typically do what they can to balance it out.

For a jerkoff B12 game in October, they don't give a shlt. They run their numbers and scenarios, and have a side.
ClassOf17
Baylor needed a last second field goal to beat Iowa State, they've struggled in every game except Kansas. I'm honestly looking for Texas to upset them.

Which would be perfect because #KeepCharlie
StephenvilleAg77
Unhinged said:

For me, this game is excruciating. I literally hate them both so much that I can't decide which team to pull against this weekend. Hopefully, they get into a massive brawl that spills into the stands and every player, coach, and fan gets ejected, then arrested.
Baylor defensive players are a bunch of chicken**** yellowbellied pooftahs, but even they are still laughing at badass sip brawler Deshon Elliot from last year's scrum: https://twitter.com/DomEspinosa/status/673199303301554176/video/1
wbt5845
AG
Frankly I'd be tickled to death for sip to win out. We'd have stories all spring and summer about how Chollie had turned the corner.

Oh yeah that'd be awesome.
WestAustinAg
AG
I can't wait for Baylor to return to Faylor...should be happening soon if not next season...
Bob Dobalina
wbt5845 said:

Frankly I'd be tickled to death for sip to win out. We'd have stories all spring and summer about how Chollie had turned the corner.

Oh yeah that'd be awesome.
Ideally, I think you want Strong to flirt with .500 all the way to 6-6, and then lose his bowl game. The sips cannot fire him before then without incurring a PR fiasco (an AA coach being fired after showing "improvement" in his third year), and their coach search would start out in flames. The big cigars want him gone yesterday while Fenves and Perrin are trying to negotiate the potential PR pitfalls of firing an AA coach, no matter how terrible, before the end of his third year.

If we can go 12-1, it will make it even more glorious.
Muy
AG
Token said:

Because Baylor hasn't played anyone. Vegas has no idea what to expect

This game is also tu's only remaining game to make their season somewhat enjoyable.
David_Puddy
AG
wbt5845 said:

P.S. - always bet against Texas and Notre Dame as their fan bases always bet on their team to win and artificially bias the line against their team.
Oh boy
aggiejet
AG
Remember that the bears were projected to be a top 5 team under Briles before all of the off-season chaos, and still have most of those players and the assistants (Grobe is just a figure head). While they certainly have had an easy schedule so far, how can anyone think that the clown show going on in Austin can keep up with them. The line the boys out in the desert put out for this game certainly makes you scratch your head a little, but I just don't see how chollie's boys will be able to keep up with the bears. Plus they have the revenge factor on their side as well. Maybe the Over is the play on this game.....
Flashdiaz
AG
Baylor sucks.
So does tu.
It's a toss up, which is why the line is so tight.
91_Aggie
AG
GAC06 said:

The real best case scenario involves both Baylor and WVU losing to Big12 bottom dwellers in addition to each other. Your scenario is good too though
If baylor loses to Texas they would drop a ton of spots... even the AP isn't protecting texas anymore.
aginlakeway
AG
I am FINE with Texas winning this one ...

aggiehawg
AG
aginlakeway said:

Even better if it's a last second sip win, but that would mean the sip offense would have to hang close deep in the 4th. Very slim chance their D can keep them that close against Baylor.
phatbeast
AG
aggiehawg said:

aginlakeway said:

Even better if it's a last second sip win, but that would mean the sip offense would have to hang close deep in the 4th. Very slim chance their D can keep them that close against Baylor.

I'd really like to see a last-second win on a questionable call by the refs.
aggiehawg
AG
phatbeast said:

aggiehawg said:

aginlakeway said:

I'd really like to see a last-second win on a questionable call by the refs.
It is a sip home game. Questionable calls are a given. Didn't think I needed to add that, Captain Obvious.
dmart90
AG
Ag_EE said:

And if tu wins, they will have beaten two "top 10" teams. Question: With a win, will they switch places with Baylol and be in the hunt for a CFP spot at 4-4?
Can a team be "back" twice in the same season?
Kemo Sabe
Charlie's crew is going to open a can of whoop azz on those no core values sons of be itches
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Odds of Chollie crowd surfing if Texas wins? Strong to quite strong.
Lonestar1
AG
Schrute said:

Will tu fire a coach that has victories over 2 top 10 teams?

aggiehawg
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Odds of Chollie crowd surfing if Texas wins? Strong to quite strong.
One of the funniest things in the last several years is the juxtaposition of sips possibly being ecstatic at beating little ol' Baylor. My how times have changed.
The Collective
AG
Does Texas have a "Respect women" alt uniform? This is the week to unveil them...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.