Now on Austin radio...

21,274 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexAg XVI
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mack Brown is the new favorite to come back and save the football program, whether as the AD or some kind of advisor.

We couldn't make this **** up if we tried...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hard to stay away from the great amenities the country club offers.
The Collective
AG
Sounds like Red is back in business
tamusc
AG
That has to be really attractive to a top tier coach, doesn't it?

"Come coach for us and have daddy Mack looking over your shoulder"
Schrute
Heard that on the way in. Bring Mack back as the AD and keep Charlie. I think it is a brilliant idea!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Second season in a row the Austin horns have written off the season with several games left to play. It is fun.
SlackerAg
AG
So Mack will fix the cupboard that Mack left bare?
aTm2004
AG
"Do you know what this program needs? More clapping!"
Madman
AG
VY is already on the payroll. So bring in Mack and Colt and they will get everything fixed quick.
Muy
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Second season in a row the Austin horns have written off the season with several games left to play. It is fun.

And they started both seasons with their chests fully puffed, with full support for Charlie and were prepared to blame Mack at the first loss.
RyanAg08
AG
Isn't Mack already on the payroll? You think if you asked someone to start doing something for their do-nothing job that it will go well?
BQ_90
AG
sips have seen how you can cover up rape at Baylor, maybe they think Mack can bring back Ol freak nasty and appletits and put the band back together.
Waffledynamics
AG
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2789409/replies/47360902

I guess it wasn't so farfetched.
nu awlins ag
AG
SlackerAg said:

Jumbo Shrimp!!!!!
texrover91
AG
But...Mack's players are entitled and suck at NFLzzzz!!
Squadron7
AG
Yeah, and maybe they can get Muschamp back as DC under Mack. Like a coach in waiting.

Or something.
aggiehawg
AG
Mack Brown would be a good politician and fundraiser. He would suck at the administrative details, like hiring and firing coaches and negotiating apparel and media deals.

The sips have to get their AD hire right before they fire Strong and hire another coach.
tamusc
AG
The beauty is that we know they won't though!
PJYoung
AG
We are living in glorious times my friends. Enjoy.
Urban Ag
AG
Mack moved back to North Carolina. That says it all. He's a wealthy man that seems to adore his wife and likes yucking it up now and then doing some commentary.

He's not going back to Austin.
aggiehawg
AG
tamusc said:

And that's what is making no sense to me. My sip friends thought Perrin was stepping down this past summer when a new AD was to be hired. Something happened during the low-key AD search that no one is talking about. They are just as bumfuzzled about Perrin still being there.

The BOR battles, Powers, Dodds and Mack fights were prolonged and debilitating. Few people have the appetite for another round this soon. Fenves is kind of weak and he is losing some support. Perrin is in crisis management mode and putting out fires as they erupt. Very little long-term vision.

Maybe they are having a hard time finding someone who will take the AD job?
tamusc
AG
My suspicion is that there is still trouble brewing with lawsuits, primarily with their former track coach. I also think that everyone has finally seen behind the curtain and knows what a mess that department is when it comes to insane amount of debt service, donor interference, uncertainty with the university administration and the main money maker football is a mess.
vin1041
AG
Agree. The sips have some leadership issues above the coaching level.
aggiehawg
AG
vin1041 said:

As much of an ******* as he was, Dodds was an adept manager no matter who was sitting in the President's chair. (And he had some doozies in there, on occasion. Complete bozos, but they knew enough to leave Dodds alone.)

Forcing Dodds out, then Mack, then Powers in rapid succession needn't have been this damaging because they all needed to go. But the Patterson hire was the true killer. They lost all momentum, all vision and a vacuum in leadership occurred. One which hasn't been filled yet.
Velvet Jones
AG
You have my permission to dream big with the 2016 2017 Texas Longhorns under the steady oversight of Mack Brown.

The Collective
AG
The shag will be awesome if FUPM returns to Austin
wbt5845
AG
bassethoundag
AG
Didn't realize Perrin was already supposed to have been gone and the permanent AD in place. I don't doubt they're having problems finding someone that wants to step into the situation they have at the moment. Dealing with all the dynamics that are present would sure make me pause before taking the job.

So Perrin gets to stay with Strong because the new AD will want to put his guy in place when he takes the job but they're not close to picking the new AD?
FNG
aggiehawg said:

vin1041 said:

As much of an ******* as he was, Dodds was an adept manager no matter who was sitting in the President's chair. (And he had some doozies in there, on occasion. Complete bozos, but they knew enough to leave Dodds alone.)

Forcing Dodds out, then Mack, then Powers in rapid succession needn't have been this damaging because they all needed to go. But the Patterson hire was the true killer. They lost all momentum, all vision and a vacuum in leadership occurred. One which hasn't been filled yet.

That, and Patterson basically exposed the financial house of cards that we suspected was reality but had never been able to be made public.
goodAg80
AG
AgEng06 said:

Mack Brown is the new favorite to come back and save the football program, whether as the AD or some kind of advisor.

We couldn't make this **** up if we tried...
This scares you to death, if you are a shagster.
titanmaster_race
SlackerAg said:

Agasaurus Tex
AG
aggiehawg said:

tamusc said:

And that's what is making no sense to me. My sip friends thought Perrin was stepping down this past summer when a new AD was to be hired. Something happened during the low-key AD search that no one is talking about. They are just as bumfuzzled about Perrin still being there.

The BOR battles, Powers, Dodds and Mack fights were prolonged and debilitating. Few people have the appetite for another round this soon. Fenves is kind of weak and he is losing some support. Perrin is in crisis management mode and putting out fires as they erupt. Very little long-term vision.

Maybe they are having a hard time finding someone who will take the AD job?
Perhaps they would have more luck finding someone if they changed the title from Athletic Director to Cesspool Manager.
TexAg1987
Quote:

Perhaps they would have more luck finding someone if they changed the title from Athletic Director to Cesspool Manager.
Is our Fishpond Manager on the shortlist?
Ag83
AG
tamusc said:

My suspicion is that there is still trouble brewing with lawsuits, primarily with their former track coach. I also think that everyone has finally seen behind the curtain and knows what a mess that department is when it comes to insane amount of debt service, donor interference, uncertainty with the university administration and the main money maker football is a mess.

We can only hope...
AtlAg05
AG
Can't be true, Ketch didn't have him on the list.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.