Plenty of good seats still available

3,825 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Agly Duckling
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So yesterday I'm watching the sip game ( I know that's heresy to some of you younger guys) and it's time to go to my fish ol' lady's house to watch our game. I punch up WOAI on the radio to listen while driving cross town. I'll give the sips this, it is nice to listen to a game on radio and have some idea on what happened on each play.

At least twice during the drive, they're running ads to buy football tickets and come to the games at DKR. Educated guess is their real competition is season ticket holders trying to unload their tickets at 30 cents on the dollar.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
BR0
All I got from that is you are ****ing a fish. And you know what dude....that's pretty gross.
Deadwood
AG
BR0 said:

All I got from that is you are ****ing a fish. And you know what dude....that's pretty gross.
lol you are kind of lost
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
OP likes fish sticks?
StephenvilleAg77
Quote:

I'll give the sips this, it is nice to listen to a game on radio and have some idea on what happened on each play.
I suppose, but I'd still rather listen to Dave over their guy any day of the week.

Agree with you on the tickets.
ccatag
AG
30 cents on the dollar is too high
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
StephenvilleAg77 said:

Quote:

I'll give the sips this, it is nice to listen to a game on radio and have some idea on what happened on each play.
I suppose, but I'd still rather listen to Dave over their guy any day of the week.

Agree with you on the tickets.

Craig Way > Dave South and it's not even close. I have no idea what is going on whenever I'm listening to Dave. It could be a touchdown or a 20 yard sack. You have to wait at least ten seconds after the play has ended for him to process what just happened and correct what originally spewed out of his mouth.
jokershady
AG
Champ Bailey said:

OP likes fish sticks?
is OP a gay fish?
Agsuffering@bulaw
I agree. I got stuck driving during the 2006 game. Listened to the sip station until I got to a television. Dave South is painful:

Its a hand-off coming right, and they wrap him up, still fighting but he's gonna be short, down about 5 yards shy of the first down oh no he slipped a tackle and he's gonna go 73 yards for the score...

or

Drops back to pass, its a catch, fighting for more yards...(5 seconds later)....that was Josh Reynolds and they are giving him the 40 yard line, which should be a first down

Color Commentator: They are saying Ricky Seals Jones caught the ball in bounds. It looks like they are spotting it at the 35.
brainman5000
AG
"Full count, two away, with the bases loaded... Ags need a run here to tie. And the pitch is low and away, but it doesn't matter because he's just swung and missed."
vin1041
AG
Love me some Dave South on the radio!! "He got a touchdown"
vansprinkle
AG
Had the Ag game on the radio for the end of the first half. We were driving for a score and my wife had no clue what was going on. I had to process what had been said and translate it to, "pass for 13 yards, first down". The whole time my wife is like, "I thought Trevor just got sacked?" Nope, just Dave talking about the guaranteed sack, only to have a downfield pass for a first down.

It's kind of fun really. You really really have to pay atttention and focus on everything said.
A History Of Violence
AG
The other team's broadcast > Dave and it's not even close.
The ESPN gamecast stat feed > Dave and it's not even close.
Tweets about the game > Dave and it's not even close.
The next day's newspaper account > Dave and it's not even close.
A History Of Violence
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I agree. I got stuck driving during the 2006 game. Listened to the sip station until I got to a television. Dave South is painful:

Its a hand-off coming right, and they wrap him up, still fighting but he's gonna be short, down about 5 yards shy of the first down oh no he slipped a tackle and he's gonna go 73 yards for the score...

or

Drops back to pass, its a catch, fighting for more yards...(5 seconds later)....that was Josh Reynolds and they are giving him the 40 yard line, which should be a first down

Color Commentator: They are saying Ricky Seals Jones caught the ball in bounds. It looks like they are spotting it at the 35.
Every time I'm stuck listening to Dave, I want to go back in time and kill Marconi in his crib.
huisachel
I got a couple of tickets for a Texas v Aggie game some years ago and sat right in front of the press box and got to listen to both Dave and Way. I went to Texas (have a degree and a tshirt) and like Way but I would rather listen to Dave than anybody else in the country. He is a total homer for you guys and I love him for it.

I grew up back in the sixties listening to Kern Tipps do the SWC games and so I love distinctive voices and Dave has one of the best ever anywhere.
The note of triumph in his voice when the Aggies are ahead is a thing of beauty.

Someday he will be gone and you will have some mouther who sounds like everybody else. Put it off as long as possible and be satisfied with the fact that he usually gets the score right. Except when he doesn't.
TX_Aggie37
AG
The Agly Duckling
BR0 said:

Not as long as he takes the hook out first.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.