About that SEC revenue distribution

39,233 Views | 254 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BiochemAg97
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Geez you figure a Friday might be a good time announce two thirds of a BILLION DOLLARS is going out - almost $50 MM PER SCHOOL.

That would be good - right?
up-n-aTm
AG
Go on.....
Furlock Bones
AG
Slivering
stexagg
I'm beginning to wonder why no announcement yet also
aggiehawg
AG
For some reason the date of October 17th or 18th comes to mind as when the SEC announces. After this weekend.

OT, but the Big XII will be holding their expansion pow-wow on Monday, too. The juxtaposition of those two announcements could be quite entertaining.
hbtheduce
AG
racerfink
Wabs
AG
The Collective
AG
AgCat93
AG
redd38
AG
wbt5845 said:

Geez you figure a Friday might be a good time announce two thirds of a BILLION DOLLARS is going out - almost $50 MM PER SCHOOL.

Does that per school amount take into account the conference's share?
StephenvilleAg77
cowboy math
goodAg80
AG

Last SEC Accountant
wbt5845
AG
redd38 said:

wbt5845 said:

Yes
DifferenceMaker Ag
What are we going to spend it on?? Covering Kyle Field in gold leaf? Installing a Mormon Tabernacle pipe organ at Bluebell Park? Putting a dome over the softball complex? Providing chauffeured hovercrafts to all athletes for campus transportation? The possibilities are endless.
redd38
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

What are we going to spend it on?? Covering Kyle Field in gold leaf? Installing a Mormon Tabernacle pipe organ at Bluebell Park? Putting a dome over the softball complex? Providing chauffeured hovercrafts to all athletes for campus transportation? The possibilities are endless.

I'm pretty sure we're going to invest in machines that can make top-of-the-line $48 wraps.
aggiehawg
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Making an endowment to the FTAB to cover traveling costs for more games would be nice.
Snap E Tom
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Gold pingpong tables. To get better chemistry.
Wildcat
AG
At some point, there needs to be a pass-through to main campus. This is getting ridiculous.
Bonfire96
AG
Spruce up Spence Park, add lazy river. It's all going as planned.
HTownAg98
Bama Backer 1974
S
redd38 said:

wbt5845 said:

DGeez you figure a Friday might be a good time announce two thirds of a BILLION DOLLARS is going out - almost $50 MM PER SCHOOL.

The house always takes their cut. Expect severe tear warnings with massive tear flooding on the Colorado and upper Brazos. The tear flood warnings should extend through the weekend.

Roll Tide
EscondidoAg82
AG
Re: What to do with the money?..........."Smart train" Depot with inter-urban service to Houston and DFW.
DifferenceMaker Ag
aggiehawg said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Making an endowment to the FTAB to cover traveling costs for more games would be nice.
The only problem with that is you would still need to bribe/grease all away game opponents for them to allow the FTAB to march at halftime. Otherwise, the Commandant would still refuse to go.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The only problem with that is you would still need to bribe/grease all away game opponents for them to allow the FTAB to march at halftime. Otherwise, the Commandant would still refuse to go.
Elaborate please? Other than LSU's Alleva, has the band been banned from marching elsewhere in the SEC?
Scruffy
AG
http://texags.com/forums/63/topics/2760638/1#discussion
ccatag
AG
Junction1954 said:

redd38 said:

wbt5845 said:

DGeez you figure a Friday might be a good time announce two thirds of a BILLION DOLLARS is going out - almost $50 MM PER SCHOOL.

The house always takes their cut. Expect severe tear warnings with massive tear flooding on the Colorado and upper Brazos. The tear flood warnings should extend through the weekend.

Roll Tide
I asked this once before. What is/are the plan the SEC office has with all that money they are accumulating? It is adding up fast. I can think of a couple or more possibilities but I'm just guessing. Like, an extra dividend distribution to members, or a war chest to expand conference membership into North Carolina and Virginia?

Seriously, there was a balance sheet shown of the SEC office not too long ago and the equity increase year after year was notable. Their operating expenses were stable, by-and-large, but the income stream has increased considerably.
I think I remember each of the 14 member University Presidents being the Directors of the league office. I would assume there has been and is discussion about all that money just sitting there - banked. Very curious what the plan for that money might be?
MSU/SECALUM
stexagg said:

I've heard that they didn't want to announce the numbers until after the Big 12 meets on the 17th. Numbers will be better than predicted and why throw more gasoline on the Big 12 fire.
Bottlehead90
AG
That number seems awfully high.

It seems just a couple of years ago that the bdf had to promise us 20 million
DifferenceMaker Ag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Elaborate please? Other than LSU's Alleva, has the band been banned from marching elsewhere in the SEC?
Don't want to derail another thread, but the last away game to Arky in Fayetteville and Ole Miss, among others, the band was informed that they could not march due to a previously planned halftime program. Of course, our band had to back out altogether. It's a lengthy and sore subject. Personally, I think our policy that requires the band be allowed to march or not go at all is pretty childish. Would be interesting to see if that policy would change if they received large subsidies from the AD.

Doubt it though.
LostInLA07
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

stexagg said:

I've heard that they didn't want to announce the numbers until after the Big 12 meets on the 17th. Numbers will be better than predicted and why throw more gasoline on the Big 12 fire.

To watch it burn
Aero95
AG
The fact that Vandy will be making more than twice what tu can makes me giggle.
aggiehawg
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

stexagg said:

Okay. What would be more entertaining?

1) Announce our numbers during their meeting and imagine all of the Presidents' and ADs' cell phones blowing up mid-meeting?

Or

2) Waiting until after they announce they won't expand, have pissed the suitors off, then drop the bomb??
Aero95
AG
I'm not sure there is a wrong answer!
Science Denier
AG
We will hire Bill Belichick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.