Is this Malik tweet real?

9,718 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AnalogyAg
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Clarification: I have seen the pic with the kid in Aggie gear already. I'm referring to the tweet by Malik last night.
The Collective
AG
I don't think he tweeted the pic, so I'm going to say his comments to the side are fake. If not, he's a masterful troll.
AgEng06
AG
Looks like he did post the tweet, but yeah, the context is unknown...

Bobcat06
AG
Yup

HTownAg98
Those tweets are back to back on his timeline.
Schrute
Transfer, sit out a year, let Chief spend 2 years turning you into a top 5 pick.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Translation: "Mom made my decision, and I have to tough it out."
Rocco S
I assume he had a lot of people tweeting him about regret after that pic was posted, and that tweet was in response to it. I don't think he's publicly saying he wishes he had decided to play for Chavis.

However, I don't think he has to. It's plainly obvious. I think he knew in the days between his commitment and the Chavis hire, he realized he was making a bad decision. He could've waited until the hire was announced, but that would've required him to push back his long announced commit date, and he didn't want to do that. His pride was more important than his future, and he regrets that.
The Collective
AG
This would have been a huge year for Malik in our defense. Sad. I like the guys that we have though. LB isn't a position of strength for us, but the guys we have are physical and don't back down from a challenge.
tremble
AG
Malik would have been setting himself up like Myles did last year. Can you imagine him blitzing the gaps left by Dae Dae and Myles with his 4.5 speed?

He is criminally used in that porous Sip defense and he damn well knows it. As it is, he's playing in a position he doesn't feel comfortable in, getting constantly piled on by bigger offensive linemen, and getting hurt.

I'd feel bad for the kid but he's been a bit of a diva with respect to us.
Bob Dobalina
His NFL stock is hurting. He is not a natural MLB. Who was the OLB-type player that looked great until Fran made him put on a bunch of weight and play in the middle?
rocky the dog
AG
Is his girlfriend real? Oops, sorry. Wrong linebacker....
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

The kid was a consensus 5 star recruit. Who the **** didn't "believe in him"?
Schrute
quote:

Sumlin has lost control of believing in people
Sazerac
AG
Justin Warren?
mulch
AG
Bob Dobalina
quote:
Justin Warren?
That is what I was thinking but not sure if it was him.
Caesar4
AG
I'm not going to criticize Malik (or anyone) for their personal decisions. Everyone has decisions that they regret and decisions that they're pleased with.

I'm retracting this upon learning below info.
pimplepopper
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
I'm not going to criticize Malik (or anyone) for their personal decisions. Everyone has decisions that they regret and decisions that they're pleased with.
I'm going to, because the guys that did it, at the time they did it sh-t all over Texas A&M when they did it very publicly. If you want to make a decision that you feel is best for you, that's fine....but don't burn all your bridges on the way out. It's a tough damn life lesson to learn, isn't it? But sorry. I can't let this slide.
DallasAg 94
I'm sure the believing in him probably goes back many years, before he was a 5*. His family probably always believed in him, long before any of us knew who he was.

He thought Mack, Kyler, et al, were coming. He also though Strong was as good a DC as anyone else. If he truly believed in Chavis, he could have gone to LSU.

I know he is positioned as a MLB, but if you watch, I think he actually lines up as a MLB about 50% of the time. He lines up on the outside, often.

Strong brought in a ton of Defensive talent that year:
5* : OLB Malik
4* : OLB Anthony Wheeler
4* : CB Holton Hill <- Does he want out?
4* : CB Kris Boyd <- He wanted out.
4* : S DeShon Elliott
4* : OLB Cameron Townsend
4* : CB Davante Davis
3* : ILB Cecil Cherry - USF
3* : WDE Omenihu
3* : DT Du'Vonta Lampkin - OU

And then everything fell apart.

Not only is he in a Defense that is terrible... the Horns are so buried that they are not getting exposure on TV, they are not getting headlines and they are losing.

And it isn't going to get better.

In the SEC, the run oriented offenses put forth the LB front and center. Plug holes. Make tackes.

In the BXII, it is about coverage. LB'ers drop back to cover TEs, RBs and routes across the middle.

Offense Yds/Game
#2 Tech: 679 Total, 547.7 Pass (81%)
#4 TCU: 576 Total, 380.0 Pass (66%)
#8 Baylol: 549 Total, 303.3 Pass (55%)
#33 OU: 479 Total, 300.3 Pass (63%)
#41 Okie Lite: 467 Total, 340.0 Pass (73%)

So... run all over the field chasing WRs defending plays that won't prepare you for the NFL.
BohunkAg
AG
Omeinhu. LOL. That guy is a clown show all by himself.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Black Jesus Wept!
vin1041
AG
Kid made his choice. Wish him the best!
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:

And we don't have the money to give it back...
Caesar4
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm going to, because the guys that did it, at the time they did it sh-t all over Texas A&M when they did it very publicly. If you want to make a decision that you feel is best for you, that's fine....but don't burn all your bridges on the way out. It's a tough damn life lesson to learn, isn't it? But sorry. I can't let this slide.
Did he do that? I honestly don't recall. If he did, then I retract my comment.
HTownAg98
He more or less said he didn't pick A&M because Sumlin wouldn't break a gentleman's agreement and tell him that he was bringing in Chavis.
aggieduke
AG
Yes he did it.
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Did he do that? I honestly don't recall. If he did, then I retract my comment.

Yep, sure did. Tried to sway a bunch of current A&M committs to come with him. Not only that but as HTwonAg mentioned, he publicly stated that since Sumlin wouldn't disclose who his DC choice was to him before anyone else, that he was out. F him.
HTownAg98
I can deal with a kid not wanting to come to a school for whatever reason, but to do what he did crosses the line. F him right in the goat ass.
DallasAg 94
quote:
I can deal with a kid not wanting to come to a school for whatever reason, but to do what he did crosses the line. F him right in the goat ass.
This was his response to commiting to the Sips over A&M:

He went on to insinuate months later that A&M was racist and he was happy with his choice because the Sips were not...

...and then there something about bleach bombs.

He commented on Twitter that he couldn't trust Sumlin because Sumlin wouldn't tell him who the new DC was going to be.
Bob Dobalina
When his career flames out like Kindle's will he get a job at Covert?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:

...into a Top 5 NFL draft pick.
HTownAg98
Chavis took a running back and turned him into a rookie starting db in the NFL, and did it in one year. Chavis did more to develop one player than Strong has done with an entire team in 2.5 years.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Chavis took a running back and turned him into a rookie starting db in the NFL, and did it in one year. Chavis did more to develop one player than Strong has done with an entire team in 2.5 years.
You are preaching to the choir.

I found it interesting at the time, and it is even funnier now.

I think Chavis players get more benefit of the doubt, than Charlie.

I think our LB'ers were the most improved group on D, for Arkie.

If this team continues to grow, mature and stay healthy... we could have a bunch of players drafted.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.