Ken Perkins gets a one game suspension from Charlie Strong

5,557 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Schrute
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
didn't ketch write some op-ed piece about how this was the year to sit back and enjoy the longhorn season? that this was a new era of horn football?

Gave his permission for sip fans to think big, if I remember correctly.
oh yeah something like that
bonfarr
AG
quote:
quote:

What?

Chollie speaks, his players listen.

DallasAg 94
quote:
.178 blood-alcohol level per one of the sips at #s in the above link. How many drinks is that for a guy his size?

edit: someone else says it was .125/.132.
CJS - There are many things that go into it... it isn't an exact science. Metabolism, etc.

However, you can make some assumptions and get an idea of what you are looking at:

For a guy 285 lbs, drinking 12 Oz Cans\Bottles of beer that is 5% Alcohol by content, in 2 hours:
14 Beers: about 0.191
13 Beers: about 0.175
12 Beers: about 0.159
10 Beers: about 0.123

So, if his BAC was 0.178, he likely had busted into his 14th Beer.
If his BAC was taken 3 hours later (after the 1st test), his BAC would likely be in the neighborhood of 0.130.

So, he was probably either pounding them down, or hitting the hard stuff.

0.178 isn't casual drinking.

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Damn funny right there.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
.178 blood-alcohol level per one of the sips at #s in the above link. How many drinks is that for a guy his size?

edit: someone else says it was .125/.132.
CJS - There are many things that go into it... it isn't an exact science. Metabolism, etc.

However, you can make some assumptions and get an idea of what you are looking at:

For a guy 285 lbs, drinking 12 Oz Cans\Bottles of beer that is 5% Alcohol by content, in 2 hours:
14 Beers: about 0.191
13 Beers: about 0.175
12 Beers: about 0.159
10 Beers: about 0.123

So, if his BAC was 0.178, he likely had busted into his 14th Beer.
If his BAC was taken 3 hours later (after the 1st test), his BAC would likely be in the neighborhood of 0.130.

So, he was probably either pounding them down, or hitting the hard stuff.

0.178 isn't casual drinking.

8.5/schwasted
DallasAg 94
quote:
When Trocha got the DUI during basketball season he was on the court 60 hours after the arrest...to put this punishment in context
So the argument is... Charlie & the Sips are no different?

Fans probably don't care... but parents were all about the Charlie the disciplinarian and Core Values and stuff schtick.

Aggies knew it was faux.

Here:

quote:
And by all accounts, the Cardinals players revered Strong. He's known as a tough, fiery disciplinarian with high standards, and that might be just what this program needs now.

quote:
In Charlie Strong, Texas will get a national championship winner, a tenacious recruiter and a coach who will bring toughness and discipline to the Longhorns. AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley

Here:

quote:
Discipline is the new black

quote:
They said Charlie Strong's intense discipline is too much for high school football stars.

They said Charlie Strong could connect with parents, but not prospects.

They said Charlie Strong's core value system is too strict and antiquated.

Then Friday, December 19 happened. Within a 30-minute span Malik Jefferson and DeAndre McNeal changed the narrative on Charlie Strong's first year as Head Football Coach at The University of Texas.

An inconsistent season on the field was remembered most for disciplines, suspensions, and injuries.

But like most things Charlie Strong... Lies... Lies I tell you...

The Collective
AG
quote:
When Trocha got the DUI during basketball season he was on the court 60 hours after the arrest...to put this punishment in context

You might have a point there. I see similarities between Kennedy and Strong. Both guys made the decision fighting like hell for their jobs.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
we
Uh huh...
The Collective
AG
Almost there....
The Collective
AG
In all seriousness, I would probably need to know more about each case. What I read earlier on the horn #s site is very different than what I remember hearing about Trocha. If I am not mistaken, Trocha wasn't even over the legal limit once they did a blood test, but I might be mistaken.
One Louder
AG

StephenvilleAg77
quote:
My point is that it seems like the A&M policy against DUI is no suspension whatsoever. Yet we give Charlie **** for a one game suspension.
"We"?
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Got it. So as long as you don't have the reputation of having discipline it's totally cool. And yes I can say we. Believe it or not I've attended both schools and can sympathize with both sides.
We could tell you attended there, after your first post in this thread.
Bonfire96
AG
quote:
Charlie Strong: "My stance on alcohol, I don't drink, so I have a pretty hard stance on alcohol."

So, you're saying you were sober when you were ****ing a booster's wife? You were completely in your mental faculties? You were in your right mind?

Is that what he's saying?
Goodagg
AG
I think the Movado Midget is saying his hard "core value" is saved for booster wives.
CDT32
So does attending there make me less of an Aggie? It was in my best educational interests.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
So does attending there make me less of an Aggie? It was in my best educational interests.

It simply means that like most sips you're a "switch hitter".
stick93
AG
quote:

No, defending Charlie Strong here and in this thread in particular does though. The difference here is that our BB coach has not let the media run with the idea that he is a hard ass disciplinarian that is somehow different than every other coach.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:

Complete the badges next to your handle and that will help to identify you.
millertyme
AG
quote:
I attended both schools and, in fact, my degree from texas is what has helped me the most in my career. But I have zero sympathy for those clowns in Austin and have never understood both sides. So, my answer is "yes, it does".
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Of course attending A&M was in your best educational and career interests. Unfortunately it might be enough to undo what that sip education experience did to you.

Btw, if you are too stupid to comprehend this thread's point about the dishonesty and rampant hypocrisy of the sip narrative and p.r. efforts portraying Charlie Strong as a tough disciplinarian and follower of his stolen 5 code values vs. the actual facts about the man, this forum might not be a good place for you.
huisachel
if he was at 'A&M he would be made starting quarterback.

Corps values
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

Corps values

Nope. Our drunk starting QB had to transfer to your ****ty conference to play again.
Schrute
quote:

Corps values
Speedy Noil started at QB for the bowl game last year? Must have missed that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.