Ken Perkins gets a one game suspension from Charlie Strong

3 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Schrute
StephenvilleAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a fraud the entire longhorn media are.

Anwar Richardson even predicted Charlie would kick Perkins off the team. Keep pushing those false narratives, Anwar.
Hood
AG
Got OU the following week. Need to be full strength.
wbt5845
AG

StephenvilleAg77
Driving while severely intoxicated and wrecking your vehicle is not a violation of core values.

Unless you lie or have a gun, drugs, stolen property, or an abused woman in the car.
Bottlehead90
AG
Core values
(when it matters)

And the media will give him a pass and tell you how many (non-starters) have been dismissed from the team for violating team rules
The Collective
AG
You guys don't understand. That's not who Kent is according to Charlie.
Dennis Reynolds
The Collective
AG
quote:

What?
Schrute
Core Values*
aezmvp
quote:
quote:

What?

He's confused alcohol with puff, puff, pass.
Bob Dobalina
quote:
Charlie Strong's tough stance on DWIs: Sit a game and be back by the rivalry games.

His team must be shaking in its cleats...
Geoff Ketchum (@gkketch) September 26, 2016

Ketchum obviously has his orders now. Set the table for Strong's midseason firing and go full force after Herman.
StephenvilleAg77
Holy chit. Now I'm convinced Charlie is daring the sip bmd's to fire him. He is making Utex into an even bigger national laughingstock with the things he is saying to the media today. In the presser today, he said:

quote:
Charlie Strong: "My stance on alcohol, I don't drink, so I have a pretty hard stance on alcohol."
Bob Dobalina
quote:
Holy chit. Now I'm convinced Charlie is daring the sip bmd's to fire him. He is making Utex into an even bigger national laughingstock with the things he is saying to the media today. In the presser today, he said:

quote:
Charlie Strong: "My stance on alcohol, I don't drink, so I have a pretty hard stance on alcohol."

Strong will get a $10 million vacation if he is canned. Hell they might give him more if he goes quietly, and doesn't invite Jesse and Al down to Austin. He has all the cards now. He could lose to Okie Lite by 50 and still come out ahead.
Matsui
AG
fair
The Collective
AG
quote:
Holy chit. Now I'm convinced Charlie is daring the sip bmd's to fire him. He is making Utex into an even bigger national laughingstock with the things he is saying to the media today

Naw. He's just ****ing stupid.
Science Denier
AG
quote:
quote:

Uh, OK dude.
brainman5000
AG
quote:

I think his defense took this too literally...
The Collective
AG
Ketch's twitter is great. Charlie Strong didn't play up his character and set unrealistic expectations, it was the media types like Ketch. That's why Ketch is absolutely melting down on twitter over this lack of punishment, because Charlie is not meeting the expectation set by Geoff Ketchum and others.
Phatbob
AG
The great thing about Strong is trying to pair statements that he makes back to back...

"I don't drink, so I have a pretty hard stance on alcohol: drink the first, sip the second, pass on the third"

He is a freaking human mad lib.
leftcoastaggie
AG
LSU firing Les lit a fire under Ketch's ass. He wants Herman and he can see him slipping away.
Bob Dobalina
quote:
LSU firing Les lit a fire under Ketch's ass. He wants Herman and he can see him slipping away.
Just wait until SoCal cans Helton in the next few weeks. His burning fat ass will be enough to supply light to a couple dozen Japanese fishing villages.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Core Values don't matter when your job is on the line
Schrute
quote:
That would have to be one big ass fire...
StephenvilleAg77
http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Contents/Texas-OL-Perkins-suspended-for-Oklahoma-State-game-by-Strong-47790479

Priceless comments from a group of sip window-lickers about the suspension.
Phatbob
AG
per 247 comment:

quote:
It's not like this is the only penalty he is facing. He still has to go through the legal process, increased insurance, having a DWI on your record, etc.

Yes... that increased insurance is REALLY bad, he really shouldn't even have the one game suspension... that is just cruel.
The Collective
AG
.178 blood-alcohol level per one of the sips at #s in the above link. How many drinks is that for a guy his size?

edit: someone else says it was .125/.132.
Rocco S
quote:

quote:

How's your stance on married white women, coach?
The Collective
AG
quote:
We also have to remember that one game is a lot more than no games which happens way too frequently at other schools. There is always a balance between discipline and grace which Strong is exemplifying in this situation. Kent is the type of guy that probably felt worse the next morning simply because of his actions than any disciplinary actions could have made him feel.

Sounds like this guy knows a lot about organizational discipline.
Phatbob
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

I believe it is also a hard stance. He must have passed on the 3rd.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
.178 blood-alcohol level per one of the sips at #s in the above link. How many drinks is that for a guy his size?

edit: someone else says it was .125/.132.

.178 BAC in the parking lot.

.125 BAC during the booking process.

The amount of time between those two is what lowered his BAC.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Charlie Strong's tough stance on DWIs: Sit a game and be back by the rivalry games.

His team must be shaking in its cleats...
Geoff Ketchum (@gkketch) September 26, 2016

Ketchum obviously has his orders now. Set the table for Strong's midseason firing and go full force after Herman.
didn't ketch write some op-ed piece about how this was the year to sit back and enjoy the longhorn season? that this was a new era of horn football?
FNG
quote:
quote:
Just wait until SoCal cans Helton in the next few weeks. His burning fat ass will be enough to supply light to a couple dozen Japanese fishing villages.

The Japanese typically eat a healthier diet than most Americans and wish you would not mention them in references to Ketch.

Plus, they have a fear of Godzilla.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I believe it is also a hard stance. He must have passed on the 3rd.
Balls deep first stroke, just the tip on the second......
brainman5000
AG
quote:
didn't ketch write some op-ed piece about how this was the year to sit back and enjoy the longhorn season? that this was a new era of horn football?

Gave his permission for sip fans to think big, if I remember correctly.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
We also have to remember that one game is a lot more than no games which happens way too frequently at other schools. There is always a balance between discipline and grace which Strong is exemplifying in this situation. Kent is the type of guy that probably felt worse the next morning simply because of his actions than any disciplinary actions could have made him feel.

Sounds like this guy knows a lot about organizational discipline.
Ah, the Hillary Clinton defense.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.