The Red River Sh-tout at 11 AM on Fox Sports 1

6,954 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bullet Tooth Tony
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Let's face it. This game has lost its luster for now except for fans of the two teams.
Not good for Texas. Not good for OU. Not good for college football. Catastrophic for the Big 12.

quote:

False. The Texas-OU game had the highest viewership in the country last year among regular season college football games.
coupland boy
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
Disagree 11 am v. 2:30 has anything to do with the surroundings (that is the reason it's not at night). It's been 11 am because that is the only non-night time national timeslot ABC has. 2:30 is always, and has to be, regional coverage to accommodate the Pac 10. So if you want national on ABC it has to be 11 am (because it will never be at night). That said, I have no idea whether or not FS1 could have done the game at 2:30 since they don't have the same restraints on the surface, but perhaps there is something about their contract with the conference and negotiation with ABC.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Gotta be a troll

quote:
lol it's like the majority of y'all haven't been watching the past TX-OU games. It's been at 11 for quite awhile now and even gameday was there for one of the times. This game will get a ton of ratings regardless of what channel it's on. So many of y'all have just completely jumped off the ledge this year it's quite comical.
Muy
AG
FS1 is the old Raycom.
Rocco S
quote:
False. The Texas-OU game had the highest viewership in the country last year among regular season college football games.

I doubt it was even in the top 10. Maybe not 20.
DallasAg 94
quote:
FS1 is the old Raycom.
Is that where it came from?!
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
quote:

I doubt it was even in the top 10. Maybe not 20.

I did a googling and found a site that gives every CFB media score from game 1 through all the playoffs and bowls. Just the regular season alone it was #34. The scored a 3.3 share with 4.992M viewers. They won their slot against BU-KU and 2 B1G dogs. And they were in ABC. Our game against Bama was 3.6/5.76M. Hell TCU-Rapists did 3.1/5.108M
Rocco S
Thirty mother ****ing four.

What a stupid tsip.
ham98
doh!
jja79
AG
quote:
FS1 is the old Raycom.

Mizzlou with Howard David with the play by play.
HTownAg98
quote:
FS1 is the old Raycom.

Raycom is actually still around. I was shocked to find that out, as I was sure they'd been bought out by someone. They do ACC sports.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wow, the premier time slots are Iowa State, Kansas State, itt tech and okie lite? Really?
MSU/SECALUM
quote:
quote:
FS1 is the old Raycom.

Raycom is actually still around. I was shocked to find that out, as I was sure they'd been bought out by someone. They do ACC sports.
Raycom had third tier rights to the ACC through 2018 and then they lose their ability to syndicate games.This is the reason the ACCN won't start up until 2019. Swofford's son works at Raycom in Charlotte and the facilities are quite nice, they do/did the Nascar stuff from there. It's across town from the SECN and it will become the facility for the ACCN which will also have use some the ESPNU/SECN facility.
Muy
AG
That was metaphorically.
HeyMoe
AG
Other conferences are laughing at you, BDF.
Science Denier
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looking at the TV schedule that day, it looks like another week of non-existent Big 12 football.

Oklahoma vs. Texas - 11am FS1
TCU @ Kansas - 11 am ESPNU
Iowa State @ Ok State - 2:30 pm ABC regional -or- ESPN2 -or- ESPNU
Texas Tech @ Kansas State - 6:00 pm ESPN2

So Iowa St getting their sh*t pushed in by OSU is the best BDF game that day ???
No. BDF has to put their best game at 11 so there will be a chance that somebody will actually watch at least a little of BDF football.
AGBOOSTER
quote:
Will this be followed by the Camping World Truck Series live from Eldora Dirt Track and then UFC Fight Night live from Hazard, Kentucky high School Gym? A perfect day of TV watchin' for our buddy Shannon from Thrall.
I can't take that much excitement.
MaterialAg
AG
Looks like the Jonses are movin' downtown.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
Let's face it. This game has lost its luster for now except for fans of the two teams.
Not good for Texas. Not good for OU. Not good for college football. Catastrophic for the Big 12.
quote:

False. The Texas-OU game had the highest viewership in the country last year among regular season college football games. (WRONG)

The Chopped Liver Shootout.
HTownAg98
Other games available to fill that time slot on the regular FOX channel:
Florida State-Miami
Virginia Tech-North Carolina
Notre Dame-NC State
Michigan-Rutgers
Iowa-Minnesota
Actual Talking Thermos
quote:
quote:
it's been at 11am every year since 2008, except for 2010.

Yep, but always on ESPN or ABC, not Fs1
It's because ESPN/ABC gets first pick, FOX gets second. Most years, first pick would be TX/OU. This year, they took TX/ND, which ended up being a ratings behemoth, so FOX got to call dibs on TX/OU and try to use it to drive viewers to FS1.
wbt5845
AG
Seriously - what is the deal with "this game can never be at night". I know it's Fair Park, but Dallas has police and everything. Hell, I've stayed at Fair Park until closing time before and nothing happened.

It's South Dallas, not Fallujah.
GAC06
AG
Lots of viewers for a game with no national significance whatsoever
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looking at the TV schedule that day, it looks like another week of non-existent Big 12 football.

Oklahoma vs. Texas - 11am
TCU @ Kansas - 11 am
Iowa State @ Ok State - 2:30 pm
Texas Tech @ Kansas State - 6:00 pm

Baylol has the bye. T&P for the Baptist coeds

Are you kidding? They will all be at the Texas/OU game wearing orange

The advantage of an 11am kickoff is the fans have a decent chance of getting out of Fair Park without getting raped. All bets are off now.
EVA3
AG
quote:
Seriously - what is the deal with "this game can never be at night". I know it's Fair Park, but Dallas has police and everything. Hell, I've stayed at Fair Park until closing time before and nothing happened.

It's South Dallas, not Fallujah.
I'm not saying you're wrong or right, but this is a bad year to make that argument.
Bullet Tooth Tony
What's so bad about that compared to other Non-P4 conferences?

Oklahoma vs. Texas - 11am
TCU @ Kansas - 11 am
Iowa State @ Ok State - 2:30 pm
Texas Tech @ Kansas State - 6:00 pm

*Temple @ Memphis - 8:00pm (Thurs)
Tulane @ UCF - 8pm (Friday)
SMU @ Tulsa - 8pm (Friday)
Cincinnati @ UConn - 11:30am
Houston @ Navy - 3pm
East Carolina @ USF - TBD

I think the bdf competes well with the AAC.

*EDIT: Oops, I missed the Thursday game. I think that actually makes it better than the bdf!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.