Les Miles fired!

6,681 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggies06
Jack Squat 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the clown show is to continue, the sips will over-react and dump Chollie in a couple of games, not be able to hire who they think they can, and then muddle around until Dec for their 8th choice again. Stay tuned.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
quote:
He would leave UH for LSU in a heartbeat. Know your place.

No he wouldn't. Know your AP ranking

Did you just use irrelevant rankings smack? Your program is a stepping stone. Deal with it.
RDV-1992
quote:
quote:

Bill - I'm sorry, but I think that you're wrong. At some point the consistent investments that a P5 school has made in facilities and support structure/staff will outweigh the loyalty that Herman may feel for UH. LSU has been outspending UH on football for the past 30 years. The sips have too. It adds up.

USC might not have the same track record re: spending on football but Herman's from SC.

If you hold onto him - its because he loves UH.
BillYeoman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you just use irrelevant rankings smack? Your program is a stepping stone. Deal with it.

Nope. Just pointed out facts. Why the obsession with Herman when

1). You are in the SEC
2)). You got Sumlin

Humorous Username
AG
Because we'd rather have Herman go coach in the Pac or Big 10 instead of the sips or LSU making a smart move and hiring him.
PCC_80
AG
quote:
If the clown show is to continue, the sips will over-react and dump Chollie in a couple of games, not be able to hire who they think they can, and then muddle around until Dec for their 8th choice again. Stay tuned.
Nothing has changed in Austin in the last 3 years. If anything the situation is worse. The sips are still trapped in an awful conference with a terrible schedule. Even if they could get out of the BDF the LHN keeps them from joining another conference. The sip HC job is extremely political and requires a coach that can navigate a political quagmire. The sip faithful expect nothing less than 10 wins every season. There are countless other problems with the sip AD that the HC would have a hard time fixing. Most coaches are not interested in dealing with politics or being in a no win situation. These days Austin is a no win situation.

This is how the sips ended up with their 8th choice 3 years ago. I bet that the really good coaches just let the sips calls go to voicemail. The sip HC job is that unappealing to an up and coming HC that wants a long career. Herman probably has no interest in Austin at all.

Right now they are better off just keeping Chollie for a while. If the sips fire Chollie they might actually regret it.
BillYeoman
quote:
Because we'd rather have Herman go coach in the Pac or Big 10 instead of the sips or LSU making a smart move and hiring him.

If Herman doesn't stay at UH, your dream will come true. There are 3 programs he would jump to...and it isn't about the money.
Busdriver99
AG
I hope you're right Yeoman. Herman is a great coach.
Furlock Bones
AG
It's going to be very interesting to see how Herman holds that team together this year. So much distraction already about other jobs. The Les firing just turned it up to 11.
HeyMoe
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't argue with a UH fan about coaches leaving for better jobs. They know much more about it.
BillYeoman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't argue with a UH fan about coaches leaving for better jobs. They know much more about it.

And we know how to replace them....unlike most.

Always reloading.....

Go Coogs!
MyComputerCareer
If/when Herman leaves I can see Art back at UH. Just like Petrino at UL
Tom Doniphon
Petrino is the prize hire. Herman is still a gamble IMHO.
BillYeoman
quote:
Petrino is the prize hire. Herman is still a gamble IMHO.

I completely agree. Too much gamble with Herman. Unproven coach. Not P-5 ready. Inherited players and works at a name program.
LonghornDub
quote:
quote:
Nothing has changed in Austin in the last 3 years. If anything the situation is worse. The sips are still trapped in an awful conference with a terrible schedule. Even if they could get out of the BDF the LHN keeps them from joining another conference. The sip HC job is extremely political and requires a coach that can navigate a political quagmire. The sip faithful expect nothing less than 10 wins every season. There are countless other problems with the sip AD that the HC would have a hard time fixing. Most coaches are not interested in dealing with politics or being in a no win situation. These days Austin is a no win situation.

This is how the sips ended up with their 8th choice 3 years ago. I bet that the really good coaches just let the sips calls go to voicemail. The sip HC job is that unappealing to an up and coming HC that wants a long career. Herman probably has no interest in Austin at all.

Right now they are better off just keeping Chollie for a while. If the sips fire Chollie they might actually regret it.
It really is almost that bad, and it had sunk that far before Brown came.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

RAB83
AG
quote:
If Strong goes 1-1 or worse, over the next two there will be a ton of pressure for the sips to can him to get into the Herman sweepstakes. LSU just threw their hat into the ring, I think another USC loss will have them in it too.

The worst thing in the world for the sips would be to be stuck with Chuck at 7-5 or worse, with no Herman. A lot of the guys who helped put that class together in Jan. were told 8-4 was the minimum expectation and if not Herman would be on his way.
I think it's going to be very hard for the politically correct powers at sipville to fire chobbit after this season.

Les will probably be available if Herman is gone. Who knows, if rapey doesn't hire Briles back, sipville might get him after another year. If you start seeing redemption stories in the press, you'll know the burnt orange media machine is cranking up.
RAB83
AG
Everyone is forgetting Orgeron. There's a reasonable chance he gets named permanent HC, especially if it looks like he can change the program direction this year.

There's also Kiffin to consider. At some point, someone's going to give Kiffin another shot at HC.
Furlock Bones
AG
There is no way O is permanent head coach. 0% chance.
Chips2003
AG
quote:
quote:

This will be fun to bump.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Everyone is forgetting Orgeron. There's a reasonable chance he gets named permanent HC, especially if it looks like he can change the program direction this year.

There's also Kiffin to consider. At some point, someone's going to give Kiffin another shot at HC.
I would be shocked if LSU named Bebe as permanent HC. He doesn't have that CEO quality for a HC at a high profile P5 school. He's a good enough coach, great recruiter, players love him and he's a tremendous asset on staff, but as a HC? Not really.

If LSU wants to win, they need an elite coach. One who has been in conference championships and has coached teams who can compete. One of the reasons they tried to get Jimbo to come back. He was on Saban's staff when he was at LSU.
technoviking
AG
out of curiosity, i wonder where dave aranda will end up after this year? hopefully back in the big 10 and not at a place like bama or auburn...
LonghornDub
After 11+ years of Less Miles, LSU will want a head coach with background in offense. That's why I think Briles is the prime candidate. The only serious crimes in South Louisiana are serving a bad meal or losing football games, so morals won't be a consideration.Petrino will stay at LU or if he's dumb, go to ND. I think Bill's right in that his coach will only leave to return to the climate and culture of California. SC's recent nosedive is bad news for UH.

I think LSU will be hurting for options. They can try to recycle (Malzahn, Richt, Coach Boom, etc) or go to an OC like Applewhite who's from Louisiana. It doesn't look promising. Who's Wisconsin's HC? They money-whipped Saban out of the Big Ten. Maybe they try it again.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

brainman5000
AG
Only if LSU believes the Briles offense would succeed in the SEC. Are they that stupid?
RAB83
AG
RAB83 said:

Cough, cough.

As another poster predicted, this was a fun thread to bump.
TexasAggies06
AG
Furlock Bones said:

There is no way O is permanent head coach. 0% chance.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.