Les Miles fired!

6,682 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggies06
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's what I'm seeing
DifferenceMaker Ag
Yep. He gone. Team voted, and that's that.

Madman
AG
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/

Front page.
Muy
AG
Wow! Wisconsin's a damn good team and Auburn is way underrated.

Sorry sips, looks like Herman has his next gig.
HeyMoe
AG
Yep, tu's Bad Bye Week continues.

Sips just have to make it work with Chuck, now.
Furlock Bones
AG
Why did they even bring him back this year?
redd38
AG
Les to Texas?
HeyMoe
AG
Mustva been some seriously angry calls made from Corn Dog alumni last night.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Why did they even bring him back this year?
Waiting for Briles to get fired?
Muy
AG
7 out of 12 seasons with 10+ wins.

2 worst seasons they were 8-5.

1 National Championship.

Conclusion: LSU hates Les and was praying for an open window to can him.
GrapevineAg
Furlock Bones
AG
Basically lsu poisoned the well of one of their best coaches ever. Brilliant.
Owlagdad
Will Cougar Hi fold their tent now that their coach is gone?
staticdoor
AG
quote:
7 out of 12 seasons with 10+ wins.

2 worst seasons they were 8-5.

1 National Championship.

Conclusion: LSU hates Les and was praying for an open window to can him.
Reminds me of when tech fired Leach. Be careful what you wish for Corndogs
LonghornDub
If Briles isn't hired as HC, I bet he's offered the OC job. LSU just cares about winning.

I doubt Houston will lose their coach.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

MaterialAg
AG
Miles took over Saban's program and rode it on a steady decline. It was time.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
If Briles isn't hired as HC, I bet he's offered the OC job. LSU just cares about winning.

I doubt Houston will lose their coach.
Briles' offensive scheme would be ground into dust in the SEC within a very short period of time.
HeyMoe
AG
Short-Fingered Vulgarian
If Strong goes 1-1 or worse, over the next two there will be a ton of pressure for the sips to can him to get into the Herman sweepstakes. LSU just threw their hat into the ring, I think another USC loss will have them in it too.

The worst thing in the world for the sips would be to be stuck with Chuck at 7-5 or worse, with no Herman. A lot of the guys who helped put that class together in Jan. were told 8-4 was the minimum expectation and if not Herman would be on his way.
HeyMoe
AG
quote:
If Strong goes 1-1 or worse, over the next two there will be a ton of pressure for the sips to can him to get into the Herman sweepstakes. LSU just threw their hat into the ring, I think another USC loss will have them in it too.

The worst thing in the world for the sips would be to be stuck with Chuck at 7-5 or worse, with no Herman. A lot of the guys who helped put that class together in Jan. were told 8-4 was the minimum expectation and if not Herman would be on his way.
You haven't heard? Saban to Texas. He almost went there last time.
I liked Les Miles. Sorry to see him go.

Frankie T
I'm hoping LSU hired Herman. You know they will drop enough coin to get someone good and the sips can't touch Brides or Miles right now. They are too full of smug self-conflageration to take a BUS or LSU leftovers. They would be stuck with Charlie or Appletits.
Madman
AG

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/54h8px/lsu_has_reached_out_to_tom_herman_and_art_briles/

StephenvilleAg77
It's getting interesting. The Lsu job is open, and it is very likely that Auburn, Tennessee, and others will be open, too.
HeyMoe
AG
quote:
It's getting interesting. The Lsu job is open, and it is very likely that Auburn, Tennessee, and others will be open, too.

Yep, Herman is gonna be a rich man.
Short-Fingered Vulgarian
quote:

The most interesting thing is the rumored line in the sand regarding Strong's record. A lot of boosters were told that 8-4 was needed for Strong to stay, which helped them get on board with signing last Jan.'s class. They were sold on buying for Herman, not giving a dimwit HC more talent to waste.

If they keep strong at anything worse than 8-4, those boosters might not be as eager to help the recruiting effort this year.

However, there will be blowback for firing a black coach after three years with an improved 7-5 record (of course guys like Red do not care about blowback on firing a black guy). LSU is going to complicate getting Herman, so will USC (He was raised in Cali) or any other big name school looking for a coach. They cannot muddle around on firing Strong that decision will have be made soon. If they cannot get Herman what sure thing is out there? Petrino? I guess they could make another run at Mora but he is really Mack Brown-lite.

staticdoor
AG
Petrino is not a sure thing. Louisville gave him a second chance after he bolted the first time. I can see him getting a big raise, but staying loyal. He is in the ACC and can make the playoffs from UL
Furlock Bones
AG
Hopefully usc gets smart. Fires their coach and hires Herman away instead of lsu or the sips. That would be best thing we could ask for.
BillYeoman
quote:
Hopefully usc gets smart. Fires their coach and hires Herman away instead of lsu or the sips. That would be best thing we could ask for.

It is either USC or Notre Dame. It won't be about money. Fertita already stated as such.
wbt5845
AG
Short-Fingered Vulgarian

quote:
It is either USC or Notre Dame. It won't be about money. Fertita already stated as such.
Most people think it is going to be tu or LSU but in my mind USC is the dark horse for his services.

If they are willing to put the financial package together it makes a ton of sense. Easy but stable P5 conference, that would be very good for his style. It is also where he grew up (and I think his wife is from Cali too).
Madman
AG
Herman would fit in at LSU

BillYeoman
quote:

quote:
Most people think it is going to be tu or LSU but in my mind USC is the dark horse for his services.

If they are willing to put the financial package together it makes a ton of sense. Easy but stable P5 conference, that would be very good for his style. It is also where he grew up (and I think his wife is from Cali too).

Agree with you. It will have zero to do with money. More about historical prestige. Herman will not go to Austin or Baton Rouge. Book it.
Joe Exotic
AG
He would leave UH for LSU in a heartbeat. Know your place.
BillYeoman
quote:
He would leave UH for LSU in a heartbeat. Know your place.

No he wouldn't. Know your AP ranking
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.