Source tells ESPN Big 12 'could be close to the end'

12,404 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Maroon Dawn
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Source-tells-ESPN-Big-12-could-be-close-to-the-end-47692920
technoviking
AG
sodycracker
AG
We all knew it wouldn't last beyond 2025. Just enjoy the sausage making for the next 9 years.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
Much of the conference's future hinges on Texas and Oklahoma, which have not shown a willingness to extend the deal, according to the ESPN report.

"If the two parents don't commit [to signing the extension]," a source told ESPN, "What does that tell you?"

Get ready for the orphanage.
RDV-1992
quote:
quote:
Much of the conference's future hinges on Texas and Oklahoma, which have not shown a willingness to extend the deal, according to the ESPN report.

"If the two parents don't commit [to signing the extension]," a source told ESPN, "What does that tell you?"

Get ready for the orphanage.
Get ready for lots of stories in the DMN to get A&M and t.u. back in the same conference, because, "thats the way it should be" or some other BS.

Get ready for lots of commentators talking about what a pity it is that t.u. isn't in the SEC or Big 10.

Bonfire96
AG
That was exactly what was written in the Star Telegram today, "A&M NEEDS to play Texas."
Olsen
AG
ClassOf17
Well that story gave no information at all...
AgCat93
AG
Meanwhile, A&M stands tall in the sliver and - smiles.
BiochemAg97
AG
Well then, tu should go to the PAC.
mulch
AG
This poster on Orangebloods agrees

quote:
coopdog

Big 12 is all but out of the CFP

Kansas and Iowa St look to be extraordinarily ****ty this year. We might be 9 games away from the end of Bill Snyders career which will signal the end of any success that program will have. Baylor is a dumpster fire Tech got beat by a coach that uses a Brittny Spears headset. Mike Gundy is obviously going through some kind of mid life crisis or prepping for gender reassignment. TCU still has 14 fans and a real good coach that refuses to admit he's a XXL and not an XL.
West Virginia is still a team nobody gives a **** about.
OU and bob Stoops are in their Mack Brown end of career dive.

We have the worst commissioner ever
Play in the smallest population footprint

Play in the smallest least exciting stadiums and environments.

Top100 recruits want no part of the conference

NFL wants no part of the big 12 players

Big 12 Basketball is a massive underachiever.
( subtract KD, Aldridge, Turner and Wiggins.... Can you name 5 other big 12 NBA players that do anything at all)

It's time for this thing to die.

dreyOO
Never saw this coming.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
I think all of this expansion talk of bringing in new schools and paying them less has opened up conversations of doing that again to existing members of the Big 12. OU and the sips will blackmail the conference into giving them more because the 8 dwarves can't stand on their own (maybe Kansas).
BQ_90
AG
And cougar high is begging to get on the sinking ship
DD88
AG
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

Still one of my favs of all time! Midnight at Campus Theater. Bring toast, lighters, newspaper and dress however.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
Kansas and Iowa St look to be extraordinarily ****ty this year.
Because in the normal ****ty years one of them beat the sips 24-0. Only in the extraordinarily ****ty years can the fighting Chobbits reasonably expect a sweep.
Rocky Rider
AG
quote:
That was exactly what was written in the Star Telegram today, "A&M NEEDS to play Texas."

Should have read, Texas needs to play A&M. We ditched that self absorbed bunch and should never look back. I never want to share a conference with them again.
DayAg!
S
We can piss and moan in here all day long about not ever playing them again. But what scares me is the administration we have that doesnt have a clue. They might easily be swayed not knowing the history of gaming the system that tu has forever tried to implement. Thats what is scary. There needs to be an all out effort to petition the powers that be to stay the coarse and not give in to any of their whims and wishes and or media pressure coming from the sip propagandists.

Something needs to be publicly said to nip this all in the bud before all the sip mouth pieces begin to parrot what they are told by Belmont.It would be a sad day in history if A&M ever had to get back in bed with that cancerous bunch. They are a putrid cesspool of narcissistic clods, who truly believe that they can dictate their will to anyone they like. Sad day indeed.
YouBet
AG
Pointless article with Captain Obvious as a source.

Oklahoma has all but publicly said they want out. Nothing new here.
marble rye
AG
Bring back bowtie!!!!
Synopsis
quote:
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Source-tells-ESPN-Big-12-could-be-close-to-the-end-47692920
Please let it be so..
Synopsis
quote:
This poster on Orangebloods agrees

quote:
coopdog

Big 12 is all but out of the CFP

Kansas and Iowa St look to be extraordinarily ****ty this year. We might be 9 games away from the end of Bill Snyders career which will signal the end of any success that program will have. Baylor is a dumpster fire Tech got beat by a coach that uses a Brittny Spears headset. Mike Gundy is obviously going through some kind of mid life crisis or prepping for gender reassignment. TCU still has 14 fans and a real good coach that refuses to admit he's a XXL and not an XL.
West Virginia is still a team nobody gives a **** about.
OU and bob Stoops are in their Mack Brown end of career dive.

We have the worst commissioner ever
Play in the smallest population footprint

Play in the smallest least exciting stadiums and environments.

Top100 recruits want no part of the conference

NFL wants no part of the big 12 players

Big 12 Basketball is a massive underachiever.
( subtract KD, Aldridge, Turner and Wiggins.... Can you name 5 other big 12 NBA players that do anything at all)

It's time for this thing to die.

He's right. Or she, I didn't check.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The BDF may be damned if they do and damned if they don't. They desperately need to add schools to survive in the current climate until the GoR expires, but anyone joining might want to extend it so as not to jump onto a sinking ship. If any school joining that conference is smart, they'll demand assurances and agreements that extend the GoR. Then again, they can't be that smart if they're trying to join the BDF...
Agsuffering@bulaw
This is the same old topic. The rest of the BDF finally realized that Boren is right and the conference is trash. It changes nothing, other than the Dwarves might be taking a paycut a few years sooner than anticipated.

The sooners are stuck to okie lite. The sips like being in control. Neither is going anywhere real soon.
Synopsis
The Big XII (don't worry, I'm close to calling it the BDF) is the STD of conferences.
W
AG
so where would Oklahoma end up upon the dissolution of the Big 12?

I guess some "east division" of the Pac-12 would be the most likely.

don't think A&M, LSU, or Arkansas would be in favor of SEC membership for the Sooners
Agsuffering@bulaw
The BDF will not dissolve. The 8 dwarves are stuck. okie is stuck to okie light. The sips call the shots. The sips will make the rest of the conference give them unequal revenue sharing. The sips will probably cut okie in on at least some of the inequality. It will probably take several years to unfold.

At some point, the 4 other power conferences will start clamoring to kick the BDF out of the P5. The tv networks will step in and tell them to shut up. The tv networks would rather negotiate with a weak BDF than a superpowered PAC or B1G.
ClassOf17
I kinda hope it just stays the way it is, and then add UH, SMU, Tulane, and Bowing Green.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
How dare you add Bowling Green and not Rice.
Kemo Sabe
I think that the Boren and the other expansionists were genuinely surprised that no team from the P4 conferences showed the least bit interest in joining the big12. They thought they would get at least one big fish or semi big fish. The death knell was the comments from the TV networks that they weren't going to do a pro rata increase in tv rights fees for two teams that they were paying substantially less for in their current conferences.

Two new mouths to feed was going to reduce the amounts received by OU and tu and they couldn't afford that. Thus the clamor in the media for the conference to disband and the other P4's pick up the remnants. tu however is bound and determined to hold on to the LHN. Letting that go would cost them money and make them the laughing stock of college football. Also if they go to another conference without their entourage of underlings they won't be able to take over their new host like they did the original big 12. No conference would be crazy enough to allow that to happen again.

So basically we are at the proverbial standoff. OU wants to leave but doesn't have anywhere to go and tu wants to hold things together to maintain their dominance over the bigl12. Long may this situation continue to exist.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
The death knell was the comments from the TV networks that they weren't going to do a pro rata increase in tv rights fees for two teams that they were paying substantially less for in their current conferences.
Got a link for this? I never read anywhere that they "weren't going to do it", only that they would really resent doing it; it would be unfair; there would be pushback; etc.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
As long as we're not in the same conference, I'm fine with playing the sips. There is no team I will have hate in my heart for like the sips.
2wealfth Man
AG
I thought the groveling and knashing of teeth over the GOR wouldn't start until 2020 or 2021. These idiots have actually accelerated that process by trying to expand and bring in teams who (smartly) want assurances about the long-term stabilty of the conference. They will be a laughing stock (again) when this blows up in the next month or so. Couple that with the fact that their best hope for a playoff team this year is all rapey, their officials cant comprehend the use of replay and the style of play in that league is an insult to d-coordinators everywhere.

Meanwhile, over the SEC the main worries are about how to win championships and spend all the $$$$$.

The new over the air deal for the SEC that comes up in 2021? should be the death knell for the BDF as they will fall hopelessly behind in revenue at that point.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
quote:
We can piss and moan in here all day long about not ever playing them again. But what scares me is the administration we have that doesnt have a clue. They might easily be swayed not knowing the history of gaming the system that tu has forever tried to implement. Thats what is scary. There needs to be an all out effort to petition the powers that be to stay the coarse and not give in to any of their whims and wishes and or media pressure coming from the sip propagandists.

Something needs to be publicly said to nip this all in the bud before all the sip mouth pieces begin to parrot what they are told by Belmont.It would be a sad day in history if A&M ever had to get back in bed with that cancerous bunch. They are a putrid cesspool of narcissistic clods, who truly believe that they can dictate their will to anyone they like. Sad day indeed.

If the administration of TAMU ever made the decision to leave the SEC and join a conference just to be with tu, I'd mail in my ring, years of TAMU apparel, my diploma, and include a note telling them how f-Ing stupid they are.

Moving to the SEC is the best thing to ever happen to TAMU. Playing tu OOC is one thing; leaving the SEC to join them would be it for me. I'd never be back.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.