Tom Herman sweepstakes off to a slow start.

13,163 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BESCo91
CuervoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like OU and LSU are both off to the early lead ahead of t.u. & A&M.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President
FtBendTxAg
AG
OU?! LOL
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Herman is just winning with Levine recruits. The first big time program to lose 2 might come calling tho.
CuervoAg
AG
Yes - OU. He is overstaying his welcome and has grown stale. Starts losing more games and he may be asked to "retire" like Mack.
Jack Squat 83
AG
After tonight's massive win, sips better lock up Charlie for the next 10 yrs.
LonghornDub
Uncle Tillman will up Herman's salary to $5 mil and buy him a house in River Oaks, maybe by next week.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

The Collective
AG
Bob always recovers. I wouldn't worry about him.
80s Guy
quote:

Have you seen ou's schedule? He might be lucky to have 2 wins after the The Red River pillow fight!
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Don't forget Dan Mullen and Gus Malzahn. Lots of potential for SEC West schools to be done with their current head coaches after this year.
Dr Lane Trowlan
quote:
Yes - OU. He is overstaying his welcome and has grown stale. Starts losing more games and he may be asked to "retire" like Mack.

If they don't want him, I'd sure take him. Can't we do a Trevor for Kyler type swap again? I'd give them Sumlin for Stoops in a heartbeat.
Rocco S
quote:
He's going to be 1-2 in two weeks. Bet he wins the RRS though.
permabull
AG
DatTallArchitect
AG
quote:

It's crazy to think about, but he's been there 17 years.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
quote:
quote:

It's crazy to think about, but he's been there 17 years.

Yes, and almost every athletic program (save Alabama and maybe one or two others) in the country would trade those 17 years with OU in a heartbeat.
AGBOOSTER
quote:
Looks like OU and LSU are both off to the early lead ahead of t.u. & A&M.
No way ou cans stoops one year after he got them to the playoffs.
CuervoAg
AG
OU made the Final 4 out of pity for the Dumpster Fire Conference more than anything else. Nobody wanted to hear their whining about their "One True Champion" being snubbed again, despite being a Power 5 Conference in name only.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President
staticdoor
AG
OU isn't firing Bob Stoops this year. He will likely go 8-4 in a rebu
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:

Have you seen ou's schedule? He might be lucky to have 2 wins after the The Red River pillow fight!

Have you seen the BDF?

That's about 6 guaranteed wins for any decent team.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw
quote:
Don't forget Dan Mullen and Gus Malzahn. Lots of potential for SEC West schools to be done with their current head coaches after this year.

No coach who could write his own ticket would go to either.

MSU is the second school in a small state. Geographically, it is stuck vying for the same recruits as Bama, L$U, Auburn, OM, UGA, UF, F$U...

It does not have the money to build facilities on par with any of the above. At least 8 SEC programs have significantly bigger stadiums.

Dan Mullen was about to be fired when Dak won the egg bowl in 2013. Then 2014 happened. Now Dak is about to start winning pro games. Now MSU is losing to FCS teams.

Auburn is not as obvious. But, for years they tried to fire Tubberville. It turned out that Bobby Lowder was mad that Tubberville would not allow Lowderville to pay athletes. Tubberville has one bad season and gets fired.

Malzahn took them to a title game with a weak-armed QB. Their last 3 recruiting classes were excellent. Whether its because of Malzahn or the money, who knows. If its because of Malzahn and they still want to fire him, they need to check themselves. If its because of the money. then Herman would need to think long and hard about whether he wants to be in a situation where he cannot recruit without crooked alums. Crooked alums tend to get caught eventually.

Auburn is a much better opportunity than MSU, but there are warts. L$U and the sips are both better opportunities.
CuervoAg
AG
Ditto Agsuffering@bulaw's thoughts.

MIss St. would. not even get calls returned from Herman's agent. Auburn might be able to get some love from Herman, but they would have to money-whip him if they have the funds to do it.

My guess is LSU, but don't rule out A&M or t.u. I have trust in Charlie to still screw things up in Austin and/or Sumlin not able to reach 8 wins in SEC West.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Herman isn't going to MissSt. And OU won't force Stoops out based on whatever happens in 2016. Stoops would have to have back to back mediocre seasons.

Otoh, LSU and Auburn and A&M all might be involved in the bidding. UH will bid, too, if the bdf gives them an invite.

After last night, I don't think Strong is in danger anymore, at least for this year. Barring injury to Swoops or Michelle, they should win 9 now that they escaped ND.
LonghornDub
quote:
Ditto Agsuffering@bulaw's thoughts.

MIss St. would. not even get calls returned from Herman's agent. Auburn might be able to get some love from Herman, but they would have to money-whip him if they have the funds to do it.

My guess is LSU, but don't rule out A&M or t.u. I have trust in Charlie to still screw things up in Austin and/or Sumlin not able to reach 8 wins in SEC West.
Agree with you and Bulaw both to a point. I don't believe Tillman can be outbid for Herman. It looks like UH will get in the BDF, and if so, he'll be unavailable. He'd be in the right conference in the best place in America to recruit.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Kemo Sabe
What do you mean slowed? Herman has now moved to the top of the list to replace brian "knucklehead" Kelly at notre dame!
45-70Ag
AG
Lost in all of this is Baylor. They'll need a coach.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Lost in all of this is Baylor. They'll need a coach.

The dumpster fire at bu was just lit and has a loooooong way to go before it burns out.
CuervoAg
AG
Lol!! Miss St. would have better odds of landing Herman than baylol. And that is just south of slim and none.
ce1994
AG
LSU is going to back the truck up to Herman's house and dump whatever he wants into the garage. Herman is going to be the next coach at LSU. Good, bad or indifferent that is just how it is going down. And LSU will be the force. Saban is 64. He is gong to retire within the next few years to enjoy his life.

I just do not get Les Miles. How many crappy quarterbacks is he going to go through?
ce1994
AG
Notrre Dame is not even a consideration. You can't cheat there like you can at other places. LSU could run the dirtiest program in America and if anyone tried to stop them they would end up dead in the swamps.
ham98
I just don't want Herman in the SEC West against the Ags. If not the Ags the best situation is for Notre Dame to hire him
RDV-1992
quote:
LSU is going to back the truck up to Herman's house and dump whatever he wants into the garage. Herman is going to be the next coach at LSU. Good, bad or indifferent that is just how it is going down. And LSU will be the force. Saban is 64. He is gong to retire within the next few years to enjoy his life.

I just do not get Les Miles. How many crappy quarterbacks is he going to go through?
IMO its not the QBs, its the playcalling and offense.

I think Les Miles' problem is in refusal to change the offense or to get rid of Cam Cameron. That loyalty (or stubbornness) is gonna cost him his job this year.
ce1994
AG
I disagree. That last interception thrown by Harris was right to the Wisconsin defender. There was no one else he was throwing to.
Tom Hagen
AG
quote:
LSU is going to back the truck up to Herman's house and dump whatever he wants into the garage. Herman is going to be the next coach at LSU.

Where is LSU going to get that kind of money? Oil prices are down and they will spend billions rebuilding from another natural disaster.
ham98
coaches aren't hired from taxpayer money. LSU has some big money guys who can make it happen
diehard03
quote:
Saban is 64. He is gong to retire within the next few years to enjoy his life.

Really? The dudes pathological. He's setup a juggernaut there that can have him eclipse the great Bear Bryant if he goes for another decade.

Short of a desire to be a legitimate HC in the NFL or health issues, I don't see him just deciding to quit to "enjoy his life". He is doing that already.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.