They can't even sell out Note Dame

19,239 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jickyjack1
SlackerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe if they gave away dildo bongs.
LonghornDub
quote:
Time to borrow Baylor's tarp
I think Baylor will be needing theirs, and it wouldn't be near big enough anyway. By mid-season, we're likely to need all the canvas from Ringling Bros.

Management does make a difference.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Agsrback12
Yeah. That's great news. Strong gets replaced by Herman. That will seal tu's fate (sarcasm)
AggieSouth06
quote:
dildo bongs

That's the name of my prog rock band.
L1Rebels03
AG
Or maybe they just bring dildos instead.....
TheAngelFlight
Faculty and staff there have always gotten a 20% discount on football tickets.
AggieAuditor
AG
Who the hell is Note Dame?
S.A. Aggie
AG
Pulling for strong to have an 8-4 year. Not good but will keep him in a job and Herman out of Austin.
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
quote:
Faculty and staff there have always gotten a 20% discount on football tickets.

That was only for season tickets and "walk up to the gate and hope there is a ticket". The sips have *Never* offered faculty and staff advanced single game tickets to their marquee games at a discount.

Never.

Then came strong football and their only marquee game for the season. One marquee home game (an expected beat down at that) doesn't sell a lot of season tickets. But, you'd expect the extra single game tickets for Notre Dame to be snatched up when season ticket holders are given precedence to buy them. But, few exercised their option to buy them.

That left Texas with thousands of empty seats in the stands with the Irish in town. Thousands they tell us.

So, now they are offering the faculty and staff the single game tickets at 20% off in a desperate attempt to keep the seats from being empty, or being filled with the Notre Dame faithful.

Who would of thought it? DKR becoming Notre Dame Stadium South?

TheAngelFlight
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:
Time to borrow Baylor's tarp
I think Baylor will be needing theirs, and it wouldn't be near big enough anyway. By mid-season, we're likely to need all the canvas from Ringling Bros.

Management does make a difference.

The word WE applies to you and Baylor. Were you born confused?
TheAngelFlight
False. They've allowed taking your faculty ID to the ticket office and buying a ticket in advance for a long while.

You can read about it and their other perks here: http://www.texassports.com/sports/2015/3/4/tickets_0304152128.aspx?mobile=skip.
Chandlauch
quote:
quote:
tu is a basketball baseball track quidditch school full of dildos.

I thought they were a Ping Pong school now?
AG
quote:
False. They've allowed taking your faculty ID to the ticket office and buying a ticket in advance for a long while.

You can read about it and their other perks here: http://www.texassports.com/sports/2015/3/4/tickets_0304152128.aspx?mobile=skip.

Sippy:
Did you read your own link? As I said -- it says that sip faculty and staff can attempt to buy a ticket "either the day of or one business day before an event" - IF they are available just prior to the event. It does NOT permit them to buy an advanced ticket like what they are doing for the Notre Dame game.

With respect to the Notre Dame game: here we are - some 12 days before the biggest, baddest, most marquee game of the season (NOTRE DAME no less!) -- and the Texas AD is being forced to discount the heck out of thousands of tickets. Thousands of tickets. Empty seats everywhere!! Or worse -- t.u. is becoming the new Baylor: their stadium dominated by the visiting team! Notre Dame faithful outnumbering the t-shirt t-sip few.

Poor sips....poor, poor sips....

agforlife97
AG
Yet, they still have been keeping pace with us in recruiting lately. Our coaches need to win on the field this season, AND finish the season off right by doing their jobs on the recruiting trail. We need to negative recruit the crap out of this - they are teeing it up for us on a silver platter, as usual.
AG
quote:
Yet, they still have been keeping pace with us in recruiting lately. Our coaches need to win on the field this season, AND finish the season off right by doing their jobs on the recruiting trail. We need to negative recruit the crap out of this - they are teeing it up for us on a silver platter, as usual.
Not seeing any equity in recruiting between us and the sips dating back the past six years. Sure, the media always paints their recruiting class much better than they are by inflating player rankings (free star for you, free star for you, two free stars for you). But, even at that -- several of the past years we have outranked them.

But, the real proof is on the field and in the stands:

During the past 6 years -- t.u. has had 3 losing seasons and has NOT had a 10 win season. The last four years playing in the very, very weak Big12 - home of the one true champion (snicker snicker) and finished 8-5, 6-7, 5-7.

Twice t.u. did not go to a bowl. The four times they did - they went 2-2, including gaining 3 yards of rushing against Arkansas in one of those games.

During the past 6 years -- the Aggies have had 0 (zero) losing seasons and one 10 win season (finishing 11-2). The last four of the six years playing in the very, very strong SEC - home of the National Champions and finished 11-2, 9-4, 8-5, 8-5.

All six times the Aggies went to a bowl (2 Cotton Bowls, one Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl). The Aggies went 4-2 in the six bowl games, including 41-13 beat down of Oklahoma.

t.u. - home attendance has declined over the past 6 years reaching a new low of 89,000 last year (a decrease of 5% over 2014). This year - they can't even pay people to sit in the seats.

Aggies -- home attendance has surged over the past 6 years, averaging just overt 103,000 per game with an all time high of just over 110,000 (during Kyle Field expansion). A record high of 34,000 student season tickets was just announced.

One program is going down hill in a hurry (the sips) -- the other is getting better (the good guys).

TheAngelFlight
Those are the dates that faculty who purchased a fast pass can pick up tickets.

That is an entirely different thing than their purchase of individual football tickets.

The irony of asking me if I can read...
TheAngelFlight

That is an entirely different thing than their purchase of individual football tickets.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:

But your double posting is top notch.
AG
quote:

Yes, the irony of it....so, let me type this real slow so you and read it:

1. A sip faculty/staff buys a "FAST Pass" for $199 (which includes home football games).
2. The sip faculty/staff member can then use the FAST Pass (if they feel lucky) in an attempt "to draw the best available seat the day before the game" -- or the day of the game if they really feel lucky. It does not permit them to buy an advanced ticket like what is being done for the Notre Dame game. It only permits them to sort through the left overs just prior to a home football game. The words "to draw the best available seat the day before the game" are words copied directly from the sip website.

Now, with the Notre Dame game -- the BIGGEST home game of the year for the sips -- the sip faculty/staff are being given the unprecedented (and quite desperate) opportunity to buy an advanced ticket (12 days before the beat down) at a 20% discount because there are thousands and thousands of empty seats at DKR for the game -- and the velocity of ticket sales is showing that they will remain empty or be filled by Irish fans if made public. Yes, there are thousands of empty seats at DKR they tell me. Thousands.

Think about how the arrogant sips have fallen: they can't even sell out Notre Dame! They have had three losing seasons in the past six years. Their home game attendance has fallen by 12%. Their coaches keep getting shorter. They play in the Big 12 against teams like Iowa State, Baylor, Tceh, and Kansas. Baylor owns them.

Poor, poor sips.

TXAggie2011
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
Y'all think Rojo is sad because of the dwindling attendance in his threads?
TheAngelFlight
Typical Rojo. Thought he heard something exciting and can't help but run off to tell Texags before he even has an actual clue...

quote:
Individual Game Tickets in All Sports
If you can only make a few games per year in any sport, we provide a 20 percent discount on any individual game ticket purchased by a faculty or staff member. Simply, present your valid UT ID at the Sandeep box office.
LonghornDub
Angel flight - It is a board violation punishable by death and/or suspension to introduce facts which contradict anti-UT vitriol. Strike one.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

AG
quote:
Typical Rojo. Thought he heard something exciting and can't help but run off to tell Texags before he even has an actual clue...

quote:
If you can only make a few games per year in any sport, we provide a 20 percent discount on any individual game ticket purchased by a faculty or staff member. Simply, present your valid UT ID at the Sandeep box office.

Wow. The farce is strong with this one. You understand that such purchases for "Individual Game Tickets" are made the *day* of the event, right? That's why the sip faculty/staff member must "present a valid UT ID at the Sandeep box office" (which is part of the football stadium) instead of ordering them online days or weeks in advance.

Oh, BTW, the sources of my low friends for this info are folks inside of the t.u. AD. Do you think your own A.D. is clueless about the massive discounting of Notre Dame tickets 12 days before the game?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

quote:

I'm confused.

So the game is a sell-out?
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Wow. The farce is strong with this one. You understand that such purchases for "Individual Game Tickets" are made the *day* of the event, right? That's why the sip faculty/staff member must "present a valid UT ID at the Sandeep box office" (which is part of the football stadium) instead of ordering them online days or weeks in advance.

Oh, BTW, the sources of my low friends for this info are folks inside of the t.u. AD. Do you think your own A.D. is clueless about the massive discounting of Notre Dame tickets 12 days before the game?

And before you say that the reason they have to go in person to the ticket office, "its so they can identify they are faculty/staff", let me help you out: all the sip faculty/staff member has to do to positively identify themselves as such is use their EID (similar to A&M's NetID) to purchase such tickets online by logging into an EID secured website (there are lots of them all over campus).

But, they can't buy them online because they are game-day only.

Yet -- the Notre Dame tickets can be bought 12 days in advance at a steep discount. Why? Because the Season Ticket holders didn't want any seconds (Just like A&M - t.u. season ticket holders get first dibs on single game tickets). Thousands and thousands are left over for Notre Dame. That's pretty sad. You were Texas????
TheAngelFlight
So what started as "they've never given a discount to a marquee game" has gone through several iterations and is now "well, they always give 20% discounts just not the same way they're doing for this game"...

You're still incorrect. But watching you backtrack is more enjoyable than having you just admit the mistake quick and easy.
aggiehawg
AG
Is the game sold out??
TheAngelFlight
quote:

quote:

Wrong again.

As you'll notice, going to the Sandeep office is for "ANY sport."

And while you got the location correct, that office is at the football stadium (technically it's in Belmont Hall), this is the ticket office which is open 9-5 on weekdays.

It is the same place a student has to go to purchase a ticket.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Ugh, now rojo is bleeding onto OR?
TheAngelFlight
And you gotta stop thinking you're special because you know someone employed by athletic departments (if you even do...).

Hard to tell what's a lie and what isn't it with you.
Rocco S
Your home schedule blows cock.

Your team blows cock.

Your campus is full of fake cocks.

Your season ticket sales blow cock, which is why single game tickets aren't on sale.

But gosh dang it I'm gonna get that Aggeyeyyi on this mundane detail!

Stupid ****ing tsip
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
Is the game sold out??

I don't know Ms. Desperate for Attention, but I do know they've long made tickets available to faculty and staff at the 20% discount in much the same way that the A&M athletic department makes sure tickets are available leading up to the game for students and others.

Texas Football is a **** show. Is that what you want me to say? I thought that went without saying. You think that's going to rile me up and hurt my feelings?
Calm down, dear. Just asked a question because the thread title said it wasn't sold out and you were intent on vociferously rebutting a part of that.

You must be new here. Here's my sig.

Aggie by birth. Hawg by marriage. And a Grand Ol' Dame!
TheAngelFlight
Rocco is like many of the political blowhards I know over in Austin (and College Station)...

Make a stand about something. When that something is false, pretend it never happened.

Shouldn't you be busy trying to get Rob Childress fires? (Hint: Not going to happen.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.