Sips finally upgrading

11,760 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WestAustinAg
DallasAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://insidetexas.com/the-lowdown-on-texas-fbs-new-facilities/

Check out how smug the article reads

Señor Chang
AG
quote:
Just so we're clear, in this state the Longhorns are the Jones'. Texas has its own cable network to prove that fact should anyone want to debate it.

Is it 2011? Can't believe they still have the audacity to trot out that talking point.
DallasAg10
AG
The article seems like it was written by a smug high school senior that will end up going to to UTD
HeyMoe
AG
quote:
How about, a German-engineered ventilation system for each locker? It would rid the locker room of its locker room smell.

Getting rid of that 4-7 stench will be harder.
APHIS AG
quote:
One of UT's neighbors in particular is always looking to one-up the Longhorns in this area A&M.

Ah, the joke of the day. The t.u. idiots still fail to see that we are not competing with them anymore. The facilities "arms race" has to do with our SEC "brothers", not that orange crap in Austin which we have buried a long time ago as far as facilities go.

t.u. still needs to worry about OU and TCU since their minions have taken care of Baylor.
Paradise Ag
AG
All very vague and accompanied by an AD quote that they don't have a blank check.

Color me unimpressed.
Señor Chang
AG
Do they still not have a tennis court?
Ragoo
AG
I wonder why Chris Hall feels the need to mentioned little ole tamu and not their real river boomer up north? Curious.....
StephenvilleAg77
Entitlement: believing oneself to be inherently deserving of special privileges and special treatment. Not a great trait to have, Chris.
3x
Great for us, though, since that attitude will keep them mired in mediocrity.
bmiller
AG
We have gotten over them. And they cannot stand it. In the past, it was a given in their eyes that we were below them. Now that this is no longer the case finally in their eyes, they cannot stand it. Let them sulk for the time being. They see what we are doing in basketball and in baseball. And hopefully soon to be in football. It is in our best interest that we are in their heads. Pretty sad that they don't see it themselves. It is their undoing. They are digging their own grave. And I love it. They are so totally screwed. And don't even know it. They are killing their own conference too, the conference that they built for themselves. They are so out of touch with reality. At least similar to Baylor in that respect ... OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY. Win at all cost mentality. Even if it is to their own undoing. It is fun to watch. Let it burn to the ground baby!!
PCC_80
AG
A plan is cheap and easy. The question is if they have the cash to implement any of their plan.
3x
Reminds me of the time back in the late 90s when t.u. came out with a new master plan for upgrading DKR and increasing its capacity beyond that of Kyle. A newspaper reporter asked R. C. Slocum whether the Aggies had a master plan to compete with it. His response: "What time do you go to press?"
Ft Worth Ag
AG

yeshellyes
AG
We're doomed.
Kemo Sabe
The big12's Cinderella bears have returned to being a pumpkin so there goes a big game off their home schedule every other year. Who's going to fill those seats? They can't fill the ones they got now.

Anyway their schtick is getting more pathetic with every passing year. We are gearing up for the SEC schedule and they are trying to compete with us. They should spend their time tearing down Patterson at TCU. Get that program back to normal and all they have to do is beat the Sooners every year and they have a clear shot at the championship. Or so they believe.

DallasAg10
AG
Not with that powerhouse Iowa State lurking out there, ready to shut them out.
tamc91
AG
I frequently work with an attorney who is a BMS. Big tailgate in a prime spot, season tickets, etc. He always wanted to talk sports to those who attended other B12 schools.

We had a meeting right after A&M announced the move to the SEC and he really gave me a hard time with all their standard talking points (Ags will get crushed, best for Ags and sips to "stick together", etc). He was so insistent it seemed a little desperate, as if I had the power to change anything. I just said I thought it was best for A&M to go to a conference where we are treated as an equal business partner and competed on a level playing field.

Since A&M's first year playing in the SEC (and beating Alabama on the road), I've seen him a dozen times. He hasn't said one word about college sports. This is my best gauge of how the sips are handling things. I think some of the BMSs know they've made a strategic miscalculation and they're struggling.

They brought this up on themselves by being crappy business partners and always making moves to rig the system in their favor. They may be able to find a way out of the hole they dug for themselves, but it will take a while and not be easy.

Meanwhile we're making hay in the SEC! All things considered, life is good and it is a great time to be an Aggie!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
That being said, Texas still finished 10th best in the country for average game attendance in 2015 (90,035). Still, that means there were 10,000 or so empty seats at most home games

Lol. More like 40,000 empty seats.
DallasAg 94
quote:
I particularly loved this quote from Athletic Director Mike Perrin:

"It's not like we have a blank check and authorization to go just build these things. It's prudent management to look forward to anticipate needs that you're going to have and how you might fulfill these needs in a physically constrained environment."

Well said, I agree, and much more presidential sounding than "keepin' up with the Jones'."

He doesn't like the term Jones es because they aren't keeping up, they are getting just enough to put lipstick on what they have. He admits he really can't quantify anything, but since they are already so far ahead with their unfilled Top 10 capacity stadium and their LHN nobody watches, it doesn't really matter. He says they are the Jones es then quickly includes several examples where they are behind and won't be catching up.

Brilliant
DallasAg 94
quote:
I wonder why Chris Hall feels the need to mentioned little ole tamu and not their real river boomer up north? Curious.....

In fairness, that red river rival had to cancel their stadium investment. Are they doing anything up there? With Baylor taken out, neither red river rival has to do much, now. LOL
WestAustinAg
AG
So their new master plan is to;
1) develop an athletic village
2) give the players a barber shop, a cold sauna with waterfall, improved development center! new player lockers with air flow system, video editing facilities
3) build one additional practice field so they can have a total of two fields
4) enclose their south end zone (who here thinks their new capacity will be 500 more than Kyle?)
5) building a new indoor practice facility and killing the tiny bubble despite their coach's desire to not use one.

But the Aggies are the ones who are keeping up with the Joneses...
The Agly Duckling
quote:
Well said, I agree, and much more presidential sounding than "keepin' up with the Jones'." Just so we're clear, in this state the Longhorns are the Jones'.
He's saying "Jones'," which is the singular possessive, not the non-possessive plural.

That's really kinda dumb.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
quote:
One of UT's neighbors in particular is always looking to one-up the Longhorns in this area A&M.

Ah, the joke of the day. The t.u. idiots still fail to see that we are not competing with them anymore. The facilities "arms race" has to do with our SEC "brothers", not that orange crap in Austin which we have buried a long time ago as far as facilities go.

t.u. still needs to worry about OU and TCU since their minions have taken care of Baylor.
The baseball announcers were discussing the differences between the Big XII and SEC yesterday and these comments put the knife in the heart of tu and twist:

Comment 1: Big XII is no SEC because in the SEC there are Kansas or Kansas State's on the schedule

Comment 2: A&M owns the state of Texas because of their move to the SEC.
Muy
AG
4 years later, we've moved on with our new family, watching the kids at their games while our crazy ex is hiding behind a tree watching us.
Maroon Dawn
AG
quote:
2) give the players a barber shop, a cold sauna with waterfall, improved development center! new player lockers with air flow system, video editing facilities
4) enclose their south end zone (who here thinks their new capacity will be 500 more than Kyle?)
5) building a new indoor practice facility and killing the tiny bubble despite their coach's desire to not use one.

This.

Just amazing double think.
NoneGiven
AG
StephenvilleAg77
"Plan? Everyone's got a plan. Till they get hit."
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

In fairness, that red river rival had to cancel their stadium investment. Are they doing anything up there? With Baylor taken out, neither red river rival has to do much, now. LOL
boomer canceled their expansion project of Gaylord stadium?
DallasAg 94
quote:
quote:
quote:

boomer canceled their expansion project of Gaylord stadium?

Cancelled may have been too aggressive of a term.

Reduced the investment from $360M to $160M. I consider that cancelled, but the Sips might call it "targeted." You know what "Blank Checks" are worth. ;-)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12457310/oklahoma-sooners-scale-gaylord-family-oklahoma-memorial-stadium-renovation-plans
DallasAg 94
And as you read that... $43M is funded... the rest borrowed in hopes oil and gas prices regain value to get donations to repay.
dreyOO
quote:

6) upgraded pizza vendor.
DallasAg10
AG
I wonder if they'll upgrade the 3G reception in the stadium so players can still tweet at halftime about transferring.
Rocco S
quote:
And as you read that... $43M is funded... the rest borrowed in hopes oil and gas prices regain value to get donations to repay.

This is called.....

Redneck accounting
Rocco S
What currently suggests tu is "the Jones" within their own state, let alone nationally?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.