If you really want a look at how Baylor fans

5,130 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DallasAg 94
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
think, go read some of the posts on Baylorfans. They only blame the BOR, who to my knowledge, did absolutely nothing wrong. Briles is a victim and needs to be supported. So sad yet predictable for that crowd. And if I was the dad of one of those rape victims, I would sue for every penny from Briles and Baylor.
This is not recruiting stuff, this is rape cubbies! Can you wrap your little minds around that? Nobody gives a crap about you or wants to destroy you, you did it all to yourselves. And it pisses me off that you can not see the truth.

And the delicious thing is your savior, Ken Starr, seems to have gotten a soft landing by possible threatening legal action. What a POS.

I wonder how this will affect contributions from Baptist organization in the future. Hope you enjoyed your fifteen minutes of fame and that it was worth it. And can any Baylor poster say anything about the victims? And the horror they had to go through?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
staticdoor
AG
I wonder how much of that changes as more facts comes out. Reminds me of a lot of the Johnny defenders who eventually realized that there was nothing left to defend. Baylor fans will eventually get there
AggieBand2004
AG
Can we stop drawing comparisons between Baylor and Manziel?
One is grossly illegal behavior and a cover-up, the other is immaturity.
MallalieuAg
AG
quote:
Agree!
goodAg80
AG
It's wild to see how many defend Briles and are trying to find any other place to put the blame: Starr, the AD, low level coaches, the media, the Longhorns, the Aggies, etc. Anyone but Briles. It is like he had them all under a spell and they follow him like the Manson Family. It would be so much easier, quicker and better to admit to what he has done, keep the damage minimized and move on to fix things.

AggieBand2004
AG
But they want to win football games. That is at the forefront of their minds
staticdoor
AG
quote:
Rupturing a woman's ear drum is not "immaturity" it is violence against a female. The exact same thing Baylor is getting roasted for...and thank you for proving my point.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
quote:
Rupturing a woman's ear drum is not "immaturity" it is violence against a female. The exact same thing Baylor is getting roasted for...and thank you for proving my point.
Really? Rupturing an ear drum (if true) is the same thing as sexual assault or rape? Wow.
Paradise Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Nailed it sphinx.

A single event by one of our former payers well after he left the University is identical to a litany of events occurring under the "watchful" eyes of Baylor's administration and coaching staffs on campus.

As long as you're on a roll, don't forget Darren Lewis in your self-loathing.
45-70Ag
AG
Saw this on there. Hard to believe anyone actually thinks like this.

quote:
If Daddy's will teach their little darlin's not to go into a guy's room with him and no one else under any circumstance, there won't be any sexual assaults or rapes...Daddy's need to keep their little darlin's armed with mean old pepper spray and show them how to use it...If old Dad is afraid for his daughter at Baylor, he ought to be afraid for her anywhere...Pat Neff was right...Put 'em in dorms and hire monitors to sit at the entrance desk all night and all day...Put cameras on all exists from the outside and the inside...If a girl is caught in the dorms or in a male's room or just past the hall doors, she's outta school..Send her butt home...Let Daddy start all over teaching her about the real world...Too damned much permissiveness in this brave new world in homes, in schools and in colleges...
wbt5845
AG
quote:

Indeed. As if Johnny ever needed to rape anyone.....
Sharpshooter
AG
quote:
I wonder how much of that changes as more facts comes out. Reminds me of a lot of the Johnny defenders who eventually realized that there was nothing left to defend. Baylor fans will eventually get there
Stop ragging on Sphinx. I took his comment referencing JFF to the stages of grief and how Baylol fans will eventually get to resignation, or acceptance.
Roadhouse
AG
sphinx is probably a bernie sanders supporter that pulls is 5+ times per day.
biglebowski
quote:
It's wild to see how many defend Briles and are trying to find any other place to put the blame: Starr, the AD, low level coaches, the media, the Longhorns, the Aggies, etc. Anyone but Briles. It is like he had them all under a spell and they follow him like the Manson Family. It would be so much easier, quicker and better to admit to what he has done, keep the damage minimized and move on to fix things.

Penn state did the same thing in defending paterno. It's eerily similar.
DallasAg 94
quote:
I wonder how this will affect contributions from Baptist organization in the future. Hope you enjoyed your fifteen minutes of fame and that it was worth it. And can any Baylor poster say anything about the victims? And the horror they had to go through?
The only way this affects contributions, is if they quit winning. Win, and the contributions continue.

Two (of the 34 or so) BoR are VERY prominent in a Dallas MegaChurch which is an SBC church.

If we are to believe the BoR had seen the full Pepper report, and we are to believe the BoR tried to pin everything on Starr and we are to believe the BoR tried to protect Briles, then, IMO, the Money Donors of Baylor are more focused on winning than doing the right thing, and presumably that would include even the most self-righteous among them.

You people who think Briles won't ever coach again are missing the rapist elephant in the room. Winning cures all. It was Jesus' great commission.... Matthew 28:21-22:

quote:
Mat 28:21 Go therefore and make winners of all teams, winning in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 22 teaching them to do whatever it takes to win. And behold, I am with you always, celebrating each championship to the end of the age."

Joe Exotic
AG
Briles' coaching days are over.
AggieBand2004
AG
Southern Baptist Convention doesn't support Baylor. The Baptist General Convention of Texas (much smaller) does.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Murder, rapes, what's next for the little Baptist school on the Brazos?
staticdoor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Really? Rupturing an ear drum (if true) is the same thing as sexual assault or rape? Wow.

Of course not, but that isn't really what started the Briles take down or what was the focus of the OTL report this morning. It was accepting transfers with a history of violence against women and not expecting it to happen again or escalate. Mixon at OU and Taylor at Bama were the examples given. Neither were rapist, both had bad history with women and Saban and Stoops took them...and bad things happened.

Look, rape and sexual assault destroys a life. Some women never recover from it and it affects the rest of their life. IMHO sentences for convicted rapists are way too light and rape is largely misunderstood by males unless someone close to them has gone through it.

In truth, JM and Baylor can't be defended anymore - yet people do. That was my point.
BillYeoman
When Baylor was winning under Briles that school had sort of a "tent revival" feel to it straight out of Huck Finn. Who knew Star and Briles were the King and the Duke?
AggieBand2004
AG
Nobody here was defending Johnny, though you happily intimated as such.

Doesn't change the fact that your comparison was a very flawed one.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course not, but that isn't really what started the Briles take down or what was the focus of the OTL report this morning. It was accepting transfers with a history of violence against women and not expecting it to happen again or escalate. Mixon at OU and Taylor at Bama were the examples given. Neither were rapist, both had bad history with women and Saban and Stoops took them...and bad things happened.

Look, rape and sexual assault destroys a life. Some women never recover from it and it affects the rest of their life. IMHO sentences for convicted rapists are way too light and rape is largely misunderstood by males unless someone close to them has gone through it.

In truth, JM and Baylor can't be defended anymore - yet people do. That was my point.
you are an idiot. Please leave this thread.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
...Of course not, but that isn't really what started the Briles take down or what was the focus of the OTL report this morning. It was accepting transfers with a history of violence against women...

This has nothing to do with why Briles is unemployed right now. A month ago everybody knew that happened and nobody in the media or at Baylor really cared.
staticdoor
AG
I would tread lightly with the name calling, if I were you. You know that isn't that cool.

Also, don't know what has happened to you over the last couple of years but your online persona isn't a good look. All you do is talk about anal sex in a misogynostic way. You are better than that
AggieBand2004
AG
What a pansy.
Don't be hurt that you rolled out a post and it wasn't well-received
staticdoor
AG
quote:
What a pansy.
Don't be hurt that you rolled out a post and it wasn't well-received
We know each other in real life.
AggieBand2004
AG
Then I called a friend a pansy
Whoop2oo1
AG
Glad to see you convict our boy when it is FAR more likely that looney toon chick made it up.

If we want to compare between the two we should focus on her history of false allegations and how people like her are a detriment to the real victims like those poor girls in Waco.
Señor Chang
AG
quote:
Saw this on there. Hard to believe anyone actually thinks like this.

quote:
If Daddy's will teach their little darlin's not to go into a guy's room with him and no one else under any circumstance, there won't be any sexual assaults or rapes...Daddy's need to keep their little darlin's armed with mean old pepper spray and show them how to use it...If old Dad is afraid for his daughter at Baylor, he ought to be afraid for her anywhere...Pat Neff was right...Put 'em in dorms and hire monitors to sit at the entrance desk all night and all day...Put cameras on all exists from the outside and the inside...If a girl is caught in the dorms or in a male's room or just past the hall doors, she's outta school..Send her butt home...Let Daddy start all over teaching her about the real world...Too damned much permissiveness in this brave new world in homes, in schools and in colleges...

I wasn't aware Baylor and ISIS had so much in common. If a woman is raped it's her fault for tempting the guy, right Cubbies?
DallasAg 94
quote:
Southern Baptist Convention doesn't support Baylor. The Baptist General Convention of Texas (much smaller) does.
I am aware of that.

My point was... 2 BoR are on staff at a MegaChurch in Dallas that is SBC, which AFAIK, is far more conservative than the Baptist General Convention of Texas.

If those two guys voted to pin things on Starr, letting Briles skate, then I can't imagine the judgment being any more harsh from the Texas band. In fact, the more liberal denominations and non-religious schools certainly want be any more critical.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.