Even in bitter defeat

5,487 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by stingaree
HeyMoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...the BDF / Baylor obsession with the Big Boy Conference continues.

quote:
but we have 2 quality losses now, that's double what alabama has

Expect the phrase "quality losses" to dominate BDF Media days next year.
redd38
AG
All the gems over on that board right now and you picked a joke to start a thread about?
Canyon99
Iraq has two quality losses to the USA.
APHIS AG
quote:
but we have 2 quality losses now, that's double what alabama has

But Bama is in a position to win another NC, you are not and after your bowl game, you will have "3 quality losses".
Canyon99
quote:
Guys, they're a glorified high school of 7,500, their degrees mean nothing, that's about a 6A state high school. They either end up working for a rich parent or moving home and taking an hourly job, their degree means nothing in the real world, so relax, they are basically high schoolers, most soon to be unemployed with a piece of paper on par with the University of Phoenix in prestige.

We are all gonna be ok, we have lives outside of college football, a TCU fan...not so much.

So enjoy your families, your promising careers and entrepreneurial visions, because YOU have a respected BAYLOR diploma, you can root for a team and go back to a life win or lose...they have no such luxury, so cut them some slack...or simply make a point to not hire them, if you work in HR it should be a clear red flag.

No one in their right state of mind goes to TCU as anything but a fall back, thus there isn't a single TCU grad in Texas politics, National politics, Hollywood, Fortune 500 board rooms, you are confined to Ft Worth if you end up having to go to TCU.

So smile, the sun will come up tomorrow, you will have wives and children and joy...they will have internet trolling and vulgar t-shirts to commemorate their lives, you will have more productive things to busy yourself with.

This is a time of pity, not teeth gnashing.

A university that calls itself Texas CHRISTIAN University adopts behavior beneath their witness and that's on them. And that's to be pitied.

BQ_90
AG
Swap out tcu for bu and that post would still ring true
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
So enjoy your families, your promising careers and entrepreneurial visions, because YOU have a respected BAYLOR diploma

Canyon99

Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
quote:
Guys, they're a glorified high school of 7,500, their degrees mean nothing, that's about a 6A state high school. They either end up working for a rich parent or moving home and taking an hourly job, their degree means nothing in the real world, so relax, they are basically high schoolers, most soon to be unemployed with a piece of paper on par with the University of Phoenix in prestige.

We are all gonna be ok, we have lives outside of college football, a TCU fan...not so much.

So enjoy your families, your promising careers and entrepreneurial visions, because YOU have a respected BAYLOR diploma, you can root for a team and go back to a life win or lose...they have no such luxury, so cut them some slack...or simply make a point to not hire them, if you work in HR it should be a clear red flag.

No one in their right state of mind goes to TCU as anything but a fall back, thus there isn't a single TCU grad in Texas politics, National politics, Hollywood, Fortune 500 board rooms, you are confined to Ft Worth if you end up having to go to TCU.

So smile, the sun will come up tomorrow, you will have wives and children and joy...they will have internet trolling and vulgar t-shirts to commemorate their lives, you will have more productive things to busy yourself with.

A university that calls itself Texas CHRISTIAN University adopts behavior beneath their witness and that's on them. And that's to be pitied.

Possibly the all-time f@ ggotiest post I've ever read.
Canyon99
quote:
quote:
Swap out tcu for bu and that post would still ring true

Yep.

Cue the Quantum Leap gif where he opens the door and looks in the mirror. That is Baylor and TCU.
HeyMoe
AG
quote:

I saw hot wimins wearing TCU colors on tv tonite.

Advantage : TCU.
Alex Bregman
AG
I wouldn't talk quality losses if I were them. Their only hope as a conference, lost to a soon to be 4-8 team.
ClassOf17
quote:
quote:

Seriously took me forever to realize this WASN'T from a poster on TexAgs talking about Baylor.
BlazingSaddles
Congressman Roger Williams (current), successful car dealer, former Secretary of State (TX), with the school's baseball field named after him, big philanthropist in FW and one of the most successful fundraisers ever for the RNC (regardless of your personal political persuasion) would like a word with the cubbies re: TCU success.
Bajan
AG
Wait...tcu and baylor aren't the same school?
dixichkn
AG
quote:
Wait...tcu and baylor aren't the same school?
I believe one wears purple and the other one many odd combinations of green/black/silver/gold/yellow/off white.

Other than that.....yep. Pretty much.
coolerguy12
AG
quote:
promising careers

quote:
if you work in HR

If you consider working in HR a promising career then the rest of that post makes perfect sense.
coolerguy12
AG
quote:
Agreed, I am very proud of this team. It has been a tough season and the back loaded schedule was too much to overcome.

If playing 3 ranked teams in a row (the only ranked teams on your schedule) is too much to overcome then perhaps you're not as good of a program as you think.
Lungblood
^ By the time they figure this out Art will be gone.
Madman
AG
2 "quality" losses but unfortunately zero quality wins.
permabull
AG
elfurioso92
AG
Quality losses, near wins, elite fan ratio, respected Baylor diploma....
IsThataTexasA&MQuestion?
Hi Baylor!
petey88
quote:
I know someone who went to Baylor as his fallback after flunking out of Arizona State... FLUNKED OUT OF ARIZONA STATE AND NOW A BAYLOR GRAD
I know several girls that went to baylro out of high school, all but one was dumber than a tree. The smart one went one semester, hated it, transferred out to good state school in Texas.

She kind of regrets not going to A&M, yet has had a wonderful career teaching mathematics, a department head in a high school in a really cool city in Texas.

Sad part is, the others are now teachers as well. I still can't believe these below average in intelligence baylro grads are teaching children now. One of them can't even spell.
Muy
AG
I know plenty of women who successfully found a guy to marry them while at Baylolr.
dreyOO
I know a baylol girl that is now a part-time poet wannabe and social sevices admin the rest of the time.

solid ROI on her parent's money
MallalieuAg
AG
In 30 years I still haven't met a gaylor graduate.
vin1041
AG
So true!!!
HTownAg98
I married one, but she's on the complete other end of the sheltered and holier than thou spectrum. She thinks Art is a piece of crap and readily acknowledges that Baylor hasn't played anyone.
Muy
AG
Rule 1?
huisachel
How many quality wins for the Aggies this year?

I find it odd that you girls constantly trash schools who don't have a fifth the alums, anywhere near the same revenues and have created decent programs out of nothing.

And both seem to have hired and kept very good coaches, while A&M has.......well. No sense kicking a mule with a broken leg
aggie1944
Mouth or forehead? Your choice.
stingaree
Anecdotal is anecdotal. We all have stories from high school - ___ went to ___ and they were _____. I have A&M stories, TCU stories, etc., etc.. You have Baylor stories, Tech stories, UT stories...

Kind of sad to try and make that evidence of an ounce of anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.