Oakman & Stewart (Bay) Suspended.

7,124 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bottlehead90
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor's Oakman, Stewart suspended

DE Shawn Oakman and S Orion Stewart have been suspended one game for violation of team rules, a school spokesman told ESPN. They will miss Friday's opener against SMU but will return for Baylor's second game against Lamar
DallasAg 94
http://es.pn/1LYYg4j

Teslag
AG
Oakman is trash and a future criminal
752bro4
AG
Must be capital murder serious if they're getting suspended.

Were they at twin peaks in May per chance?
redd38
AG
Hasn't Oakman already been kicked out of one school?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
you mean that feel good article posted the other day about oakman and baylor giving him a second chance after the SU scandal was manufactured horse****?

no way.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
Hasn't Oakman already been kicked out of one school?

only reason he found himself in the land of daddy's money and disappointment.
NoneGiven
AG
Oakman will end up the WWE before he plays for the NFL
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Oakman will end up the WWE before he plays for the NFL
More likely prison.
dixichkn
AG
Atta way to lay down the law, Art!
Carlo4
AG
Oakman was kicked out of Penn State for stealing a $7 sandwich and routinely being late for practice. This was after the big scandal so they had zero tolerance.

If I'm not correct, someone please correct me.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Good gosh what did they have to do to get suspended? Which of two team rules did they break?
schwack schwack
AG
quote:
Good gosh what did they have to do to get suspended? Which of two team rules did they break?

Maybe they messed with the tarp. They seem to hold that in high regard.
happy days
and SU left Boise State because he was depressed.
goodAg80
AG
Too bad for Briles they found themselves at Baylor, otherwise he could recruit them to the team and rehabilitate them.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Tarp gonna tarp.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Oakman was kicked out of Penn State for stealing a $7 sandwich and routinely being late for practice. This was after the big scandal so they had zero tolerance.

I'm sure there is more to the story. All the reasons given was a zero-tolerance, he screwed up once, blah blah blah...

But the little poking I had done, indicated he grabbed the girls arm at the register and she yelped loud enough to get the attention of the store manager, or someone else who worked in there. He was charged with assault, IIRC. He claimed two others were caught stealing from there and they weren't dismissed from the team.

So, FWIW, like SU leaving for depression, my guess is, there was more to either the story of the theft, or other behavioral issues.

What I think is funny is, you have a guy who is 6'9" who for some reason thought he could just blend in and flee the scene.
Sea Gull
AG
Such a trash school and program.
2wealfth Man
AG
He fits the profile of a Baylor transfer, no doubt
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:

You left out the part where he grabbed the student worker and pushed them against the wall to get his student id back. No surprise that it was a woman.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I heard they were fighting for ISIS in Syria during the offseason
Born Maroon
AG
quote:
They broke Art's Golden Rule. - Don't get caught.
aggiehawg
AG
According to the baylor board, Oakman made the trip to Dallas for the SMU game tonight. So, the suspension was not for something that happened a few days or weeks ago. Something must have happened on the trip. Late to the bus?? Missed curfew?? Robbed a SubWay??

No telling.
d78230
AG
Violation of team rules....attempted rape? Failed to complete act therefore suspended?
cupcakesprinkles
AG
quote:
quote:

You left out the part where he grabbed the student worker and pushed them against the wall to get his student id back. No surprise that it was a woman.
This.
vin1041
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This.

Wow!!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If that would have happened at Baylor the woman would have been working as a cashier at the Zomato in the Dubai mall by now and they would have added a few more lines to the Book of Briles Job.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
According to the baylor board, Oakman made the trip to Dallas for the SMU game tonight. So, the suspension was not for something that happened a few days or weeks ago. Something must have happened on the trip. Late to the bus?? Missed curfew?? Robbed a SubWay??

No telling.
Rape a coed? Beat a woman? LOL. Briles don't care

Defy Briles's authority by showing up late? *****YOU!!! Suspended!

This is Baylor "discipline'
DifferenceMaker Ag
Isn't that what the rest of the world calls a strongarm robbery?

Athletic Eligibility Matters.
aggiehawg
AG

quote:
Per source: Orion Stewart's charge of evading arrest was for slowing down so that he & passenger could get rid of open container.
Paul Catalina (@PaulCatalina) September 4, 2015

Had Stewart pulled over right away it would not have been as bad. Got into Pre-trial intervention which is common for 1st time offenders.
Paul Catalina (@PaulCatalina) September 4, 2015

ETA: There's another report that says the incident occurred months ago.
aggiehawg
AG
Oh look! Another arrest over the summer that was hidden:

quote:
Apparently earlier this summer Ketchum was arrested for possession and posted bond. Although he is redshirting this year, it's not a good look.

quote:
per Paul Catalina, Freshman J.W. Ketchum got arrested for pot possession. Oakman ran a stop sign and Stewart "evaded arrest" by failing to slow down to get rid of the open container in his car. This offseason sure hasnt been nice to Baylor. I sure hope that these guys get their act together because they are representing Baylor pretty poorly

From baylorfans.

ETA: Again another report indicated Oakman ran the stop sign and then failed to appear months ago.
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:
Oh look! Another arrest over the summer that was hidden:

quote:
Apparently earlier this summer Ketchum was arrested for possession and posted bond. Although he is redshirting this year, it's not a good look.

quote:
per Paul Catalina, Freshman J.W. Ketchum got arrested for pot possession. Oakman ran a stop sign and Stewart "evaded arrest" by failing to slow down to get rid of the open container in his car. This offseason sure hasnt been nice to Baylor. I sure hope that these guys get their act together because they are representing Baylor pretty poorly

From baylorfans.
So 3 arrests over the summer and they announce the suspensions the day before the first game? Tells me that old Art had every intention of playing his boys until somebody in the administration pulled their head out of their ass and told him no.
aggiehawg
AG
Sure does look that way, doesn't it??

In the overall scheme of things, the stop sign and the MIP don't register highly on the OMG meter. The "evading arrest" part is serious but kind of overblown.

But really, if he was going to suspend for them a game, do it last week, not the day before the game, unless Briles found out the media had picked up on the arrests.
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:
Sure does look that way, doesn't it??

In the overall scheme of things, the stop sign and the MIP don't register highly on the OMG meter. The "evading arrest" part is serious but kind of overblown.

But really, if he was going to suspend for them a game, do it last week, not the day before the game, unless Briles found out the media had picked up on the arrests.
I think it has to do with the new law firm they hired for pr. Told them they had to look like they were being hard on their players and not letting them get away with anything. Letting them play and then have this information come out would not be a good look for them.
aggiehawg
AG
That would make sense, from a PR perspective.

ETA: Briles is going to hate those lady lawyers by the time this is all said and done.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.