The Poona era starts now!

16,682 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by StephenvilleAg77
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The moment that all sips have been waiting for - the savior to their defensive line is ready to go.
quote:

Teslag
AG
Poona wouldn't crack our rotation and he starts for those ass clowns
Hood
AG
How is DeAndre McNeal gonna catch the first pass vs. ND if he's buried at 3rd as the X receiver?

Flashdiaz
AG
remember, their QB hit a kid in the stands. I'm sure he can hit a player sitting on a bench on the sidelines.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
remember, their QB hit a kid in the stands. I'm sure he can hit a player sitting on a bench on the sidelines.
d78230
AG
Guess Chollie didn't mention the caveat....deandre, IF you earn a starting spot by the Notre dame game THEN we'll try to throw you the first pass.

See.. No core value violation.

Wait wait wait....ridgeway, the next Malcolm brown, couldn't beat out Poona??? Must have been tied..

Hahahaha.

BohunkAg
AG
A true freshman left tackle and right guard. This should go swimmingly.
Rocco S
Are the phonetics in parenthesis for the media or for the HC?
dreyOO
Am I late to the game on what a Poona means?
AggieBand2004
AG
Impressive LB depth
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
A true freshman left tackle and right guard. This should go swimmingly.

Didn't work out so well for us when our defense had a lot of freshmen on it, as I recall.

But, I'm sure Charlie's defense will be different, right?? It's not like they play in the Big XII where offense is everything.

Brian Kelly and Stoopsie (with OC Lincoln Riley) are going in dry on that defense. Strong may have to actually do some coaching to keep his dispirited team together by mid-October.
VaultingChemist
AG
Notre Dame is going to love some fresh Poona this Saturday.
marble rye
AG
Pour one out for Malik Christ.
mid90
AG
Too bad their game vs Notre Dame is at the same time as ours.

I'll be tuning into sportscenter for the over/under/around highlights.
usmcbrooks
quote:
Are the phonetics in parenthesis for the media or for the HC?
Underrated post right here.
DallasAg 94
5'11"/291lbs?

WOW...

Their DL:
Davis - 6'3"/256
Jackson - 6'1"/300
Poona - 5'11"/291
Hughes - 6'4"/232

Comparison
Obioha - 6'4"/270
Daeshon - 6'6"/260

Walker - 6'2"/300
Zo - 6'4"/305
Zay - 6'1"/290
Myles - 6'5"/260

What does it say about your coaching that 5 guys who played HS ball last year, can come in and start. I get the idea that you bring in great talent, but Strong isn't new to the team, this summer. He has had a recruiting class and a group of guys with experience. 3 more guys are RS-FS.

Two on your OL and two of your LBs have never played a college game.

This will be a fun team to mock.
Paradise Ag
AG
quote:
The moment that all sips have been waiting for - the savior to their defensive line is ready to go.
quote:

Gotta mean Ridgeway is still battling his back injury which is horrible news for the sips as he's head and shoulders their best defensive player.

They're not worried though ... got Malik.
Rocco S
Gosh it seems not so long ago I'd see their depth chart and see a whole bunch of players we offered and really could've used at that time. Many of them backups that would be starting or at least seeing significant playing time for us.

Now I look at their depth chart, I see one player that would start for us, Duke Thomas, one that would see PT, Malik, and basically everyone else wouldn't even make our current depth chart.

That's not smack, that's reality.

If we were still in the b12, 10-2 would probably be worst case scenario. As it is, it's probably our best case scenario. Just a world of difference between the two programs and conferences as far as talent.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Too bad their game vs Notre Dame is at the same time as ours.

I'll be tuning into sportscenter for the over/under/around highlights.
The Hubs is out buying a new flat screen for the man cave right now. There were two until we had a lightning strike that blew one up. He made do with just one TV over the summer, but during college football?? Not a chance in hell.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Impressive LB depth
4 of the 6 will have never played against a college player. WOW.

What are the chances there will be some missed reads?

ND is going to have ridiculous numbers.
AgCat93
AG
Can we guess Poona's favorite powdered orange drink?
VaultingChemist
AG
There are 7 freshman starters for tu. Wow!!!
VikingNik
AG
It might also take until the third string gets in before Swoopes connects on a pass...
vin1041
AG
quote:
Gosh it seems not so long ago I'd see their depth chart and see a whole bunch of players we offered and really could've used at that time. Many of them backups that would be starting or at least seeing significant playing time for us.

Now I look at their depth chart, I see one player that would start for us, Duke Thomas, one that would see PT, Malik, and basically everyone else wouldn't even make our current depth chart.

That's not smack, that's reality.

If we were still in the b12, 10-2 would probably be worst case scenario. As it is, it's probably our best case scenario. Just a world of difference between the two programs and conferences as far as talent.

So true!!!!
goodAg80
AG
I doubt Poona is ready for an aroused Irishman.
DallasAg 94
The Notre Dame OL:

LT Stanley (Sr/2) - 6'6" / 315
LG Nelson (So) - 6'5"/325
OC Martin (Gr/3) - 6'5"/301
RG Elmer (Jr/2) - 6'6"/315
RT McGlinchey (Jr/1) - 6'8"/310

That is a HUGE OL, and that DL is going to get worn the hell out...

Average: 6'6"/ 313lbs.

Texas DL: 6'2" / 270lbs. 4" and 43lbs per position.

Line up the IVs for Halftime.
aggiehawg
AG
Am I reading that depth chart correctly?? Jonathan Gray is on special teams??
usmcbrooks
From shag:

quote:
BDavisAAS: Charlie Strong asked if freshmen DeAndre McNeal will get the first touch at Notre Dame, as promised: "Was that recruiting talk?"

AnwarRichardson: #Longhorns #HookEm coach Charlie Strong said "Adversity is going to hit us. How we bounce back depends on how mature we are."[/qoute]

quote:
Dumb question asked about when Jerrod will come in. Strong responded with "do you want me to tell you what our first play will be too"?

AnwarRichardson: #Longhorns #HookEm coach Charlie Strong said there is a plan for when Jerrod Heard will come in. Said he will get a chance to play

BDavisAAS: Texas coach Charlie Strong continually asked about Notre Dame mystique. "We're the Univeristy of Texas. Look what WE have."

AnwarRichardson: #Longhorns #HookEm coach Charlie Strong said they have been able to develop the five behind the starting offensive line.

From reading some of their replies, they actually believe they are going to win in a blow out over Notre Dame.
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
Texas coach Charlie Strong continually asked about Notre Dame mystique. "We're the Univeristy of Texas. Look what WE have."

He sure fits in well, down there.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
How is DeAndre McNeal gonna catch the first pass vs. ND if he's buried at 3rd as the X receiver?

for some fun comparisons:

https://notredame.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp
dreyOO
quote:
From shag:

quote:
BDavisAAS: Charlie Strong asked if freshmen DeAndre McNeal will get the first touch at Notre Dame, as promised: "Was that recruiting talk?"

AnwarRichardson: #Longhorns #HookEm coach Charlie Strong said "Adversity is going to hit us. How we bounce back depends on how mature we are."[/qoute]

quote:
Dumb question asked about when Jerrod will come in. Strong responded with "do you want me to tell you what our first play will be too"?

AnwarRichardson: #Longhorns #HookEm coach Charlie Strong said there is a plan for when Jerrod Heard will come in. Said he will get a chance to play

BDavisAAS: Texas coach Charlie Strong continually asked about Notre Dame mystique. "We're the Univeristy of Texas. Look what WE have."

AnwarRichardson: #Longhorns #HookEm coach Charlie Strong said they have been able to develop the five behind the starting offensive line.

From reading some of their replies, they actually believe they are going to win in a blow out over Notre Dame.

So it's clear to me, Chollie will always get out of being caught in lies by responding in completely incomprehensible, nonsensical fashion. Noted.
usmcbrooks
quote:

over under on "just".... 36.5
Over under "that's the thing" or other variation.... 15.5
"When you look at..." and "When you think about it..." usually get a lot of reps too.

Don't care. Charlie F'n Strong. Choo Choo $#@!s.

Then you have this gem.

quote:
Dream scenario for me,
Swoopes plays solid first half and we're leading.
ND $#@!ting their pants.

ND makes adjustments at halftime, comes out and.....Holy $#@!, Heard is in to start Q3 and their adjustments are out the window...

Jumping jesus on a pogo stick......
redline248
AG
Already deleted

dreyOO
quote:
There are 7 freshman starters for tu. Wow!!!
This way, Chobbit can have a built-in excuse for his 7 losses this year. Guy has already mailed in the 2015 and his juniors/seniors will be screwed in the process.

That's the kinda CORE VALUES coach he is.
usmcbrooks
quote:
Already deleted

Strong will probably delete him from the team for that tweet.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.