Sumlin Agrees with Strong About Playing Each Other

14,098 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
longhornhere55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pure sacrilege here as Coach Swagger wants to play Texas again. Good to see he understands the importance of the rivalry and playing Texas and that he agrees with "Chollie."

Of course, A&M had their chance at the Houston Bowl against a lousy Texas team.

Of Course Sumlin Wants To Play Texas

"I think everybody wants that game," Sumlin said. "I was here (in Austin) 15 years ago when that happened. . . . "
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
"And, on the record, I grew up watching Ohio State-Michigan, Nebraska-Oklahoma at the end of the year, That game (Sooners/Huskers) doesn't happen anymore. Time brings about change. We're in different leagues. It's going to happen. I just don't see it happening anytime soon."

Omitted the important part.
longhornhere55
quote:
quote:
"And, on the record, I grew up watching Ohio State-Michigan, Nebraska-Oklahoma at the end of the year, That game (Sooners/Huskers) doesn't happen anymore. Time brings about change. We're in different leagues. It's going to happen. I just don't see it happening anytime soon."

"Chollie" has said the same thing - - Sumlin following his lead again?
Tom Doniphon
You should listen to charLIE and pray that it doesn't happen soon, OP.

And as far as I'm concerned, "never" is too soon.
Goodfield Nohit
You are dumber than a thujone drawn bag of dicks.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That would be a negative ghostrider. Sumlin isn't following anyone's lead. He was asked about it by a statesman reporter and answered the question based on his past history at A&M. You do know that Sumlin was on staff at A&M before, don't you??
longhornhere55
quote:

"I think everybody wants that game," Sumlin said. "I was here (in Austin) 15 years ago when that happened. . . .

I guess almost everybody!
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Charlie wants no part of the Texas Aggies.
longhornhere55
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That would be a negative ghostrider. Sumlin isn't following anyone's lead. He was asked about it by a statesman reporter and answered the question based on his past history at A&M. You do know that Sumlin was on staff at A&M before, don't you??
"I think everybody wants that game," Sumlin said.

And wasn't "Chollie" also with A&M? Is he a reflection of aggie?
longhornhere55
quote:
Well, based on the Houston Bowl, I guess you could say it's mutual?
goodAg80
AG
Glad you need Sumlin's validation.
45-70Ag
AG
It won't happen while sumlin is at a&m, that's how far down the road it is.

Doesn't need to happen again, no benefit for a&m in any way.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
You would say that. No one else would.

Goodfield Nohit
"Let me win some games first. Then I can push it. I don't know if I want to go walking into College Station right now."

What a chickensht response.

Sharpshooter
AG
"Let me win some games first," he said, jokingly. "Then I can push it. I don't know if I want to go walking into College Station right now."

Charlie's actual quote.
Beat me to it Goodfield
aggiehawg
AG
Sumlin is a coach in the SEC West. There isn't another team in the nation that he is afraid to play.

Strong, OTOH, is afraid.
mid90
AG
Literally no one believes we backed out of playing the whorns in a bowl game, except the people that pay money to hear the deep philosophical thoughts of Ketch and chimp.
tamc91
AG
55 - you are so out of touch with reality I wonder if you have more than 3 functioning brain cells. The only reason Strong has a job at your t-shirt school is that t.u. was following A&M's lead.

They thought, "the Aggies have a cool African American coach, we need to get one also to compete with them in recruiting". However, there have been a lot of Aggies who wanted Sumlin since he turned our struggling offense around in the 90's and he understood the potential at Aggieland in the SEC. It didn't have anything to do with race or competing against Texas. Sumlin doesn't follow anyone's lead, he sets the pace. He saw the opportunity and took it, much like A&M did in the move.

The sips have been following A&M's lead since the beginning (Hex Rally vs. Bonfire; Texas fight from Farmers Fight song; hook em sign from Gig 'em sign; their incoming freshman camp versus Fish camp, etc.). Stealing ideas from others and trying to game the system are the only real Texas traditions.
dreyOO
Trying to sell tickets on the HOPE of playing A&M again one day
permabull
AG
stick93
AG
Longjortshere55 with a new technique. He actually started a threaded instead of replying to one. Results = same
Rocagnante
AG
No matter how hard you try and how many times you bring it up, it ain't gonna happen.

That ship has sailed.

Bud.
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
quote:

"I think everybody wants that game," Sumlin said. "I was here (in Austin) 15 years ago when that happened. . . .

I guess almost everybody!
Why do you care? Didn't you go to a school in Huntsville?
aggiehawg
AG
And let's not gloss over this:

quote:
"The issue is scheduling. You look back, we got beat up about our schedule when we left the Big 12 trying to find teams to play. Now we've found teams to play and our schedule's increased. We're opening with Arizona State. UCLA is coming on. Scheduling changes everything.
When we left the Big XII, all of those teams, including the nutless ones in Austin boycotted playing us. We kept Thanksgiving open for the sips, but they were too afraid to play Sumlin then. Mack Brown sure as hell wanted no part of playing Johnny.

So we moved on and scheduled better opponents than the BDF teams.

(And FTR, that was a jab by Sumlin.)
bedofbrass33
AG
Staff, your longhornhere55 troll is one of the best I have seen. Very effective method to keep the inmates in the asylum.
BQ_90
AG
Amazing how fast the sip trash will lie and change their story. First it was we where getting kicked outta the conference, then kicked outta the state, then it was Texas will never play us again. Now we not only control the state but we can pick which bowls we go to. hell must rule college football if we have all this power.

But siptrash55 has to post now, because we all know he disappears like a coward once the season starts
Teslag
AG
quote:
quote:

You suck at math
longhornhere55
quote:
Amazing how fast the sip trash will lie and change their story. First it was we where getting kicked outta the conference, then kicked outta the state, then it was Texas will never play us again. Now we not only control the state but we can pick which bowls we go to. hell must rule college football if we have all this power.

But siptrash55 has to post now, because we all know he disappears like a coward once the season starts
Come on now. Do you honestly believe if Coach Swagger and your purple frog ad had told the bowl committee that A&M wanted to play Texas that it would not have happened? ESPN would have been all over this as it would have been a ratings bonanza.

A&M had an opportunity to play a bad Texas team. Is the hangover from losing to Case McCoy & company that strong that even a remote possibility of losing to Texas in '14 prevented the game from happening?
longhornhere55
quote:
No matter how hard you try and how many times you bring it up, it ain't gonna happen.

That ship has sailed.

Bud.
let's see now - women's basketball is playing each other. men's basketball in the same tournament this fall and the baseball teams have scheduled a series with each other.

better find a new ship.
longhornhere55
quote:
"Let me win some games first," he said, jokingly. "Then I can push it. I don't know if I want to go walking into College Station right now."

Charlie's actual quote.
Beat me to it Goodfield
"Let me win some games first," he said, JOKINGLY.
longhornhere55
quote:
55 - you are so out of touch with reality I wonder if you have more than 3 functioning brain cells. The only reason Strong has a job at your t-shirt school is that t.u. was following A&M's lead.

They thought, "the Aggies have a cool African American coach, we need to get one also to compete with them in recruiting". However, there have been a lot of Aggies who wanted Sumlin since he turned our struggling offense around in the 90's and he understood the potential at Aggieland in the SEC. It didn't have anything to do with race or competing against Texas. Sumlin doesn't follow anyone's lead, he sets the pace. He saw the opportunity and took it, much like A&M did in the move.

The sips have been following A&M's lead since the beginning (Hex Rally vs. Bonfire; Texas fight from Farmers Fight song; hook em sign from Gig 'em sign; their incoming freshman camp versus Fish camp, etc.). Stealing ideas from others and trying to game the system are the only real Texas traditions.
My understanding is that Websters is revising it's next edition and substituting your post as the definition of "delusion".
TXAGBQ76
AG
Chollie is on record as saying he does not want to play TAMU- especially in College Station any time soon, needs to win a few more games first.

But yoy keep on hoping for relevance.
Geralt of Rivia
S
If the whorns wanted to play A&M that badly, why didn't they pull the strings to get bumped up to the Liberty Bowl
Teslag
AG
quote:
quote:

Come on now. Do you honestly believe if Coach Swagger and your purple frog ad had told the bowl committee that A&M wanted to play Texas that it would not have happened? ESPN would have been all over this as it would have been a ratings bonanza.

A&M had an opportunity to play a bad Texas team. Is the hangover from losing to Case McCoy & company that strong that even a remote possibility of losing to Texas in '14 prevented the game from happening?

SEC picks the bowls for its members. That's how our conference works. They matched the teams based on record. You just aren't that important.
ShaggySLC
quote:
quote:

You are trying way too hard.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.