Chimp Brown at it again

16,305 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by oldarmy1
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's now on 1300 AM with some new dude (Sean something).

The topic of conversation in Austin this morning, as usual, was the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Not that they are obsessed or anything...

According to the Chimp:

1) Kyler Murray was VERY close to saying yes to tu, and "Aggies everywhere" were very nervous.

2) Daddy Murray does not like A&M because A&M didn't honor him after his playing days, implying some kind of racial reason. Chimp said A&M didn't give him a coaching job or make him some kind of ambassador for A&M. Thus, Kevin was pushing his son to go elsewhere.

3) Kyler's decision to go to A&M was made COMPLETELY on emotion, with his mother being the biggest influence. (no mention of Malik).

4) KDS guaranteed a "package of plays" for Kyler this season. And this will cause major problems in the locker room, which according to Chimp, KDS has no control over. (I guess that's worse than guaranteeing the starting job).

5) A&M could very well be "upset" in their opener. (I guess he doesn't realize that ASU is ranked higher...)

6) What parents in the world wouldn't want their kid to play for Charlie Strong?

7) Year 3 is the make or break year for any coach, and KDS got worse in year 3. (no mention if Chollie will be subject to the same measurement).

DayAg!
S
It's all he's got guys. When in reality he doesnt have anything.
King O Frod
And Chimp knows all of this how?
aggiehawg
AG
He's trying to brown nose his way back into Patterson's good graces. Has to spew the party line.
45-70Ag
AG
That's one bitter dude to continue talking about that stuff, most of which is made up
Al Bula
AG
Pandering. While pathetic, you don't bit the hand that feeds.
88jrt06
AG
Wow, Chimp's mood swings have been violent this summer!

Hope he swings back the other way again.
p_bubel
The Collective
firethewagonup
quote:
And Chimp knows all of this how?
Fran's newsletter...duh
Gigem Aggies
The Collective
AG
I respect what Kevin Murray did for A&M, but he appears to be pissed off all of the time. I'm not sure how good of an ambassador (whatever the hell that means) that he'd be for a program.
Madman
AG
Chip can't be a real person. He has to be a character like Borat played by somebody.
permabull
AG
Leap Day William
Murray has been around the program a long time. His son was also committed a long time. I doubt he was harboring some long time hate for A&M or else, he wouldn't be around it and let his son commit here so early in the process. Now maybe something happened late in the recruiting process that gave him second thoughts but chimp's reasoning is bogus. The facts just do not support it.
El Nino in Londontown
AG

quote:
1) Kyler Murray was VERY close to saying yes to tu, and "Aggies everywhere" were very nervous.

I hope they enjoy this close but no cigar victory while Swoopes and Heard are leading them to a 5-7 season.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
You really think they'll win more than four games??
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
He's now on 1300 AM with some new dude (Sean something).

The topic of conversation in Austin this morning, as usual, was the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Not they they are obsessed or anything...

According to the Chimp:

1) Kyler Murray was VERY close to saying yes to tu, and "Aggies everywhere" were very nervous. I guess he knows a lot of Aggies.

2) Daddy Murray does not like A&M because A&M didn't honor him after his playing days, implying some kind of racial reason. Chimp said A&M didn't give him a coaching job or make him some kind of ambassador for A&M. Thus, Kevin was pushing his son to go elsewhere. How does he know this?

3) Kyler's decision to go to A&M was made COMPLETELY on emotion, with his mother being the biggest influence. (no mention of Malik). How does he know this?

4) KDS guaranteed a "package of plays" for Kyler this season. And this will cause major problems in the locker room, which according to Chimp, KDS has no control over. (I guess that's worse than guaranteeing the starting job). How does he know this?

5) A&M could very well be "upset" in their opener. (I guess he doesn't realize that ASU is ranked higher...) Correct. ASU is ranked higher.

6) What parents in the world wouldn't want their kid to play for Charlie Strong? Then why isn't Charlie getting every recruit that he wants?

7) Year 3 is the make or break year for any coach, and KDS got worse in year 3. (no mention if Chollie will be subject to the same measurement). Yet Sumlin is still mentioned often for NFL jobs. And I know of NO Texas fan who wouldn't take Sumlin or Strong.

Eric Forman
AG
what's so absurd about having a package of plays specifically designed around a high impact skill position player? I don't get that
King O Frod
Doesn't matter. How close will they be to winning the other 8?
vin1041
AG
What else does Chip have to talk about! The train wreck the tu program is in?

Daddy A&M is the only thing that can give him ratings.

"Something, Something, Sumlin and Murry have issues with each other."

"Something, Something, Kyler almost signed with tu."

I hear this often from sips and my response to them is on which team is Kyler playing football? Silence!!!!!!!!!

Oh and didn't Daddy just signed another 5 star this week?

The Reverse Apache Master
AG
If I remember correctly, Kevin doesn't have a degree so we wouldn't be able to hire him as a coach.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I am positive chimps sources are as accurate in this case as they were during realignment and our moving to the SEC. I think his source is his hairpiece provider.
ac04
"kyler almost committed to texas" is the new "johnny really wanted to be a longhorn."
DayAg!
S
quote:
I am positive chimps sources are as accurate in this case as they were during realignment and our moving to the SEC. I think his source is his hairpiece provider.
This, cause he obviously doesnt have a barber.
Jaxson11
AG
A&M moves the needle in Austin. It's part of being the most-watched school in Texas.
MikeRoEconomist
AG
I have honestly never seen a full media machine like tu's spit out junk propaganda week after week to try maintain a lofty "better than everyone" image.
PetroAg87
AG
quote:
We might have been close to losing Kyler, but it wasn't to tu. Instead it would have been Oregon as his second option.
Frankie T
I wonder what kind of cover 1300AM uses for their microphones to keep them from being doused with vodka-cran spittle
aggiehawg
AG
The sips have always been braggarts who have only a passing familiarity with the truth.

But even I have been shocked at just how corrupt Powers and Dodds truly were. And Patterson has a reputation for being thin-skinned. He does not respond well to the slightest hint of criticism.

Chip's been frozen out. No access to Strong, no access to Patterson and there isn't a SID source at the moment.

Hey Chip!! If you are reading this, go over to landthieves and check out their realignment thread. There is a wealth of incendiary remarks there that will get your listeners (all five of them) hyped up. OU is getting ready to crater the Big XII. There's your story.
SlackerAg
AG
We have Clay Travis to neutralize the sip noise.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
what's so absurd about having a package of plays specifically designed around a high impact skill position player? I don't get that

Not worried about formations giving a clue to the defense for what play will be run? Said like a co-co-Offensive Coordinator for tu in the Texas bowl.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

Not worried about formations giving a clue to the defense for what play will be run? Said like a co-co-Offensive Coordinator for tu in the Texas bowl.
Just as long as it isn't that damned rhino formation.
StephenvilleAg77
I guess Chip is referring to the "lifetime pay-for-play" deals Utx made with Ricky and Vintz if they would forego leaving for the NFL and return to play for Ut for their 4th seasons.
The Original AG 76
AG
Sooo Kyler was "close"
Well I know , for a FACT, that...
Tommy Nobis was almost an Aggie
Steve Worster wanted to go to A&M
James Street secretly desired to wear maroon
Bobby Lane used to whistle the War Hymn around his house
Earl Cambell wanted to come here but his momma....
I got many more Chimp...
Now
Prove Me Wrong!!!
See how easy that is !!
88jrt06
AG
Mack Brown settled.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.