Sumlin's Comment RE: BDF

5,280 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Bitter Old Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"1/3 of the Big 12 head coaches used to work for me..."

At Austin Coach's Night.

I laughed.
Leap Day William
I don't know if it is meant to be a funny comment as much as a true statement (which it is, as 3 out of 10 big12 HC have worked under him at some point in there careers).

Eric Forman
AG
Being PC these days is annoying. So he took a little jab. Who cares? As long as he can take as good as he dishes, no harm no foul.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
Love Summy, but those kinds of statements would be more funny after he wins big, IMO.
Quit being such a puss.
mid90
AG
quote:
Love Summy, but those kinds of statements would be more funny after he wins big, IMO.

When you brutally dismantle the BDF one true co-champion in the Cotton Bowl, then proceed to beat yet another BDF team in a bowl game, you are entitled to say these kinds of things.

Just ask Bert.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
yea, win big like 3 bowl games in a row for the first time in school history. the Sumlin haters are always good for a few laughs.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
The Collective
AG

"us"... lol
AgBQ07
AG
You would rather have lost the liberty bowl?
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
You would rather have lost the liberty bowl?
between the BDF trolls and the BAS posters, this place is a treasure trove of stupidity.
permabull
AG
ckwarren33
Will be interesting to see if Sumlin's comment elicits a response from 'Big Mouth Bob'.
Speaking of which, it's been a while since he opened his yap re: SEC, SEC, SEC!
Lloyd 19inchmas
quote:

19 can say what he wants, whenever the f*** he wants.
Muy
AG
quote:
quote:
Quit being such a puss.
longhornhere55
quote:

At Austin Coach's Night.

I laughed.

Not bad for a 6th place coach.
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
quote:

At Austin Coach's Night.

I laughed.

Yeah, what kind of shtty league would hire his assistants as head coaches?
The Agly Duckling
In the context of the event, and what goes over great with that Red Ass crowd, I have absolutely no problem with it. Sounds like he killed it, like he pretty much always does.
doubledegreeAG
AG
I like Kevin's style. Smooth and Confident.
vin1041
AG
Cobra strike!
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

At Austin Coach's Night.

I laughed.

7th place coach had an erotic moment in a bowl game with your team
petey88
quote:
quote:

At Austin Coach's Night.

I laughed.

Not bad finishing up 6-7 and being lumped near the bottom with tceh, Kansas and Iowa State
Decay
AG
Just watched Charlie Strong push a load of verbal excrement onto ESPN. So glad our coach can talk like an adult. Charlie talks like a disinterested teenager at the dinner table.
MasonStorm
he is a true Aggie hero, loves to talk....and like the rest...imagine if they actually won something! lol
Señor Chang
AG
Hi MasonStorm. Remember when you posted this?

quote:
quote:Stang - still waiting for any evidence saying either school (OU or A&M) had an unconditional invite.

It makes more sense that the invites were conditional. Why OU? Because Texas wasn't interested and A&M does not carry Texas. If the Pac 10 got UT, Tech and OU they would control 80% of the Texas TVs including Hou, SATX and Dallas. A&M is not nearly as appealing if they can't deliver Texas. And on its own, (with the potential for a few rough seasons in the SEC) the viewership could decrease even more. Tech would stand to gain the most in the state. There is something to natural rivals. Knowing people who went to Texas, A&M, Tech and OU on a daily basis is a positive.

When people think of Texas athletes they think Big 12 now, if the split happened, they would be thinking Pac 10. Wishful thinking that simply joining a conf would lead to better recruits. TX and OU will take their, and so would Bama, Flord and LSU, leaving even less for A&M. And kids wanting to stay close to home would choose Tech or Ok St. over A&M because through the course of their career they would play over double the amount of games in the state of Texas.

If the SEC couldn't promise the TX market when TV contracts start because the state would be dominated by the Pac 10 with TX and OU that it actually wouldn't be much of a bargaining chip when TV deals were renegotiated. The TV money for TX would go west, not east. The SEC is already a limited market, and adding TX would be huge, but they know that adding Baylor/UH or A&M does not deliever Texas at this time. Things could change with winning, but that wasn't going to happen quickly in the SEC and in 3 yrs the Aggies could be worse off than they are today.
MasonStorm
yep, I was wrong...they clearly wanted to add two mediocre programs so as not to mess with the power balance the big dogs enjoy...and at 2-11 vs teams with a winning conference record they seemed to have nailed it

but.....they way underestimated Mizzou, who has actually been running the SEC east
Rocco S
Your tshirt team is Baylor's bytch
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
quote:
yep, I was wrong...they clearly wanted to add two mediocre programs so as not to mess with the power balance the big dogs enjoy...and at 2-11 vs teams with a winning conference record they seemed to have nailed it

but.....they way underestimated Mizzou, who has actually been running the SEC east
yeah. You've been wrong a lot. Like almost 100% of the things you post on TexAgs. Simply stunning.
doubledegreeAG
AG
quote:

Thank God I'm not you.
Goodfield Nohit
You're a self aggrandizing wind bag. It is inconceivable to me that you continue to run your mouth over here when the cum stains from the bukkake that Arkansas gave you are still wet on your pillow.
Tom Doniphon
That mason chick is a stupid b-tch. Dead dick wrong with everything she's ever posted and back here flapping her gums.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
We need to give our assistants raises if they are making lateral moves to the BDF to be head coaches.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
You're a self aggrandizing wind bag. It is inconceivable to me that you continue to run your mouth over here when the cum stains from the bukkake that Arkansas gave you are still wet on your pillow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.