Hey tsippers, question for you

3,933 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 33
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is it that you think you would bring to the SEC?

1. SEC Network already priced the entire state of Texas with the higher pricing due to A&M being in the SEC.
2. We already control the Texas market, as witnessed by the ratings for the Texas A&M games
3. SEC teams already have a game to be played in Texas when they visit Texas A&M.
4. When CBS contract is up, SEC will already bring top dollar without you being part of it.

Even if your fantasy of being the greatest football program of all time were true, what value would that add to the SEC with Texas A&M already in it?

I could see you adding value to the B1G and Pac conferences (if you ditch the LHN), and probably the ACC as expanding coverage into the Texas market would bring significant $$$ to them. But, the SEC? I just don't get that.

I'm just curious what you guys think.
Nothing. You've said it all.

Texas should fold up the tent and drop athletics altogether.
Bitter Old Man
AG
"Cuz, we're Texas, and people are just excited to be in the same room as us...." /Delusional Sip
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:

Considering real hard whether to give you a Star or not because this makes great sense and you've already started the process by not rebuilding your Tennis courts. Bonus.

Muy
AG
quote:

Not so quickly, we are enjoying the slow, painful spiral they are in right now.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

Now, now. You get just as wet jumping off of the other side of the boat.

Dodds served you several tons of lemons. Make lemonade.
goodAg80
AG
No one but Texas can attract interest in Mexico, Shanghai and Dubai. The first truly international collegiate sports program.
Highest budget in all of college football. That is, the most welfare for the most people.
Unique colors.
Only program featuring SEC-BiG-BDF-Pro-Spread offense. Provides the most entertainment.
An emasculated cow.
Only program with tuck-ins at bed time.

Bonfire1996
AG
Texas fans think that with them in the SEC, the cable nets would be able to charge more than the $1.40 per month per household it is currently charging. When presented with the fact that Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi households all pay the same $1.40, which 100% of their States' market share completely focused on the SEC...the sip fan resorts to the quintessential arrogance we have come to know and love.

"Doesn't matter, Texans would be willing to pay more and the nets will raise the price."
Bitter Old Man
AG
Because they were willing to pay more for the LHN? Right?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Texas fans think that with them in the SEC, the cable nets would be able to charge more than the $1.40 per month per household it is currently charging. When presented with the fact that Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi households all pay the same $1.40, which 100% of their States' market share completely focused on the SEC...the sip fan resorts to the quintessential arrogance we have come to know and love.

"Doesn't matter, Texans would be willing to pay more and the nets will raise the price."
Yet they fail to give any legitimate reason why.

I will admit that 20-30 years ago, the horns could have written their own ticket (well. if Bob Bullock wasn't...Bob Bullock).

The LHN exposed the horns as the "helmet school that was." Little to no interest in them, anymore.
"Yet they fail to give any legitimate reason why. "

I fail to give a reason because I don't support a move to the SEC. So I'm off the hook. Right?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

I fail to give a reason because I don't support a move to the SEC. So I'm off the hook. Right?
Good for you, darlin'!! The SEC is a non-starter for the horns anyway.

Soo, B1G? PAC?? ACC?? or BDF??
ckwarren33
quote:

Gonna try to wait until you can play the worst team in the SEC West a little closer?
permabull
AG
quote:
quote:

Gonna try to wait until you can play the worst team in the SEC West a little closer?

No, I don't support a move to the SEC under any circumstance.
Muy
AG
Because of the embarrassing academics like Tech, OSU, Baylor, and K-State? Wait, wrong conference.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I don't support a move to the SEC under any circumstance.
And you shouldn't. SEC is too tough, especially the west division.

The PAC would put you with <snicker> Colorado, Utah, Arizona. and Arizona State, plus ><snicker> tech.

You would have a chance in that pod. Well, if you can actually beat Baylor and TCU, you might.
Yes. Got it.
Hood
AG
I love how agreeable 33 is these days.
That's me. Mr. Agreeable.

I'm here for the entertainment and e-friendships developed over the years. I am always respectful of Aggies, their beliefs and values.

I also don't pretend to be something on the internet and behave differently with my friends.
Stevetex.
quote:
What is it that you think you would bring to the SEC?

1. SEC Network already priced the entire state of Texas with the higher pricing due to A&M being in the SEC.
2. We already control the Texas market, as witnessed by the ratings for the Texas A&M games
3. SEC teams already have a game to be played in Texas when they visit Texas A&M.
4. When CBS contract is up, SEC will already bring top dollar without you being part of it.

Even if your fantasy of being the greatest football program of all time were true, what value would that add to the SEC with Texas A&M already in it?

I could see you adding value to the B1G and Pac conferences (if you ditch the LHN), and probably the ACC as expanding coverage into the Texas market would bring significant $$$ to them. But, the SEC? I just don't get that.

I'm just curious what you guys think.

Does Texas need the SEC?
NO

Does Texas want to go to the SEC?
NO

That's what I think.

APHIS AG
33, stop it!!!! You are not behaving like a sip!!!

And like clockwork, a "true" sip shows up and brings the world back to order.
marble rye
AG
We would bring another doormat to the SEC.

Oh wait, that's what we told the aggiesseiies when they went...only we proved the truth in the Texas Bowl.
Stevetex.
Yea I have to say 33 .......made me do it!
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Where's lhh55, or Mr. "Don't engage me" to come save this provocative thread. This is turning into a respectful conversation like we have in real life with real people. This board isn't supposed to exist in that world.
Potcake
AG
33 and StevePTex are probably one and the same
Science Denier
AG
Both are Jort's socks.
Kemo Sabe
Larry Scott should go to ESPN and offer to buy the Lhn for 25 cents on the dollar. ESPN could kick the contract with the horns to the curb and Larry could Move the production facilities to San Francisco to make it the pac12 network. The pac12 could ditch their own network that has little distribution and use the Lhn.

At the same time Larry could put a ring in bevo's nose and haul his dusty ass to the left coast along with tag-Alongs OU, OSU, and tech. That way Colorado, Utah and the two zona's could make up the eastern division of the pac16. That would free ESPN of the albatross network and the next 16 years of payments to the horns. Larry could then give the horns 1/17 of whatever revenue the new ESPN pac16 network could generate., ESPN should be ripe for wanting to get rid of that I'll-conceived boondoggle.

Either do that or sell it to al-jeezera.
Potcake, you're wrong.

On a completely unrelated note, I do own a potcake. Great dog. I rescued him from T&C last November.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.