Clay Travis takes another massive growler on t.u.

24,146 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
but his obsession with Texas and the multiple articles he has written is strange.

It's strange that all the obsessed sips and t-shirts flood his site with clicks every time he writes about them?
Token
AG
They hate us cuz they anus
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
I think he makes some good points, but his obsession with Texas and the multiple articles he has written is strange.
That's because you're an idiot.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
It doesn't matter anyway, because from a financial perspective it would lower every team's share of conference revenue to add them. Nobody would vote for it.
Ag_EE
AG
hunter2012
AG
quote:

The needs to be shopped with charlie
farmersfightatm
Wouldn't you think that Mizzou would side on 'not having whorns here'? They're conference killers...
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dirty Whorn is good at gladhanding and backstabbing. It would be do-able to cleave off BAMA, Auburn, Miss/Miss State, LSU, and Tenn from the 'hell no to whorn' bloc. They MIGHT be able to cleave off Mizzou. I think FL, SCar, A&M and Arky would be the critical 'no' votes. I'd suggest that Arky hates whorn, but they dont have the negative incentive (i.e. risk of another in-state program joining the SEC) to vote 'no'.
Yeah, because Bowtie is a secret sip.

Get real.
Agree, but Bowtie wont be there forever.

tu pushed them out of the Big 12 along with us, Nebraska and Colorado. You think they would ever vote to make them conference mates again, with our without Bowtie?

Also, Arky is a former conference mate of tu. I don't really see them voting yes.
45-70Ag
AG
The only thing the sips have left is what if. Damn, what a fall for a a school that five years ago viewed itself as the hot girl at the dance and is now an albatross.
wbt5845
AG
Remember when people would look at Rice's stadium and wonder "gee why did they need such a large stadium?" You would explain that Rice used to be really good and drew huge crowds. They would look at you like you crazy.
soso33
Rice Stadium > DKR
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Clay is tilting at windmills here. A&M doesn't have to say a word. For starters, Arkansas, Missouri, LSU and Mississippi are all NO(capitalized) votes. Vandy almost certainly a NO. Of the other teams, who needs them(tu). Sips in the SEC is a non starter even with A&M remaining nuetural.

Sweet, isn't it.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
Remember when people would look at Rice's stadium and wonder "gee why did they need such a large stadium?" You would explain that Rice used to be really good and drew huge crowds. They would look at you like you crazy.
Their stadium looks like a real sh-thole compared to ours now.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
So right Bohunk. I remember selling cokes in the stands the night it opened, with Miss Patti Page singing the National Anthem. 1951 with Rice playing Santa Clara. It was a beautiful place then, but so was the Parthenon at one time.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
@UTcholliestrong

Why everybody want #SEC? Did you not watch our bowl game?
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
Their stadium looks like a real sh-thole compared to ours now.

Looks like a high school stadium... but there are some high school stadiums in Dallas area that would give it a run for the money and have about as many people show up.
Muy
AG
has a tackle-box look to it, huh?
APHIS AG
When we were voted in, their were 11 yays and one abstention (Vanderbilt). The one thing that the SEC has is consensus and even before the vote for us was taken, the results were already known. I believe that even if t.u. has the votes for admittance, just our displeasure and subsequent no vote will keep the vote from ever being taken.
Rudebaeger
AG

quote:
They MIGHT be able to cleave off Mizzou.

Missouri hates the Longhorns They were already trying to leave the BDF ( 1st to the B1G & finally successfully with the SEC).

There is no way that Mizzou would vote for Texas to be in the SEC.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

quote:
They MIGHT be able to cleave off Mizzou.

Missouri hates the Longhorns They were already trying to leave the BDF ( 1st to the B1G & finally successfully with the SEC).

There is no way that Mizzou would vote for Texas to be in the SEC.

Bowtie's the Chancellor at Mizzou. If Mizzou told Texas that Mizzou would vote to let Texas into the SEC, it would only be so that Loftin could call up Patterson a week later, after a press release, and tell him that the whole thing was an elaborate prank and to enjoy the Big 12 for the next 50 years.
DogCompany74
AG
Maybe Dr. young could call Fenves and tell him not to worry, we'll take care of them.
DayAg!
S
What I liked more than anything is that sips dont even realize what it takes to get into the SEC. They think all they gotta do is call and it's a done deal. Little do the cretins realize that there is a voting system. And even then, if they dont get consensus it doesnt even get voted on.

One other item I want to point out is that none of this started til after the numbers come out about the SEC network for this year how much money was being distributed in the startup year. I think that got their attention more than anything. Thats when all the mouthpieces took off like magpies.

One last thing. The sips can squeal all they want about Clay Travis. Kinda humorous in the fact that they didnt mind the media drilling A&M for 50 years. All of the sudden, there is someone with a platform to call them out on all of their propaganda in the national news. And that my friends is what irks them the most. Level playing field has never been felt for most any of em that's alive. Now that the tide has turned, they moan , whine, and cry like the entitled little wenches they are. Why. because now their lies, hypocrisy, and propaganda can be countered with the truth. And they dont like it.

It's good to be king.
ccatag
AG
dp
ccatag
AG
Clay Travis left open the possibility of ou gaining membership to the SEC. Only a small chance but I didn't like that part of the article.

That is only going to feed their delusion. I am sure landthieves has seized on this opinion and comment by Clay and they are jumping and hollering and pumping for it to happen NOW. Who knows what wild rumors they will concoct from this Clay Travis possibility.
Maroon Dawn
AG

Hell No Votes

A&M, Missouri, LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU

A&M and Mizzou know betetr than to let the cancer in. LSU and Alabama dont want another tough game on their schedule. Ole Miss and MSU don't want to be pushed further into the cellar, which, barring this past year is where they will mostly be and years like last fewer and fewer.

Probably yes Votes

Arky, Auburn

Pig want their series back with sip and more TX recruiting. Auburn desperately wants to be put in the east division (preferably without Bama) and so they support any western expansion that gets them moved back into the East.

The Nays have it

Cannonball Craig III
AG
ccatag, IMHO, OU to the SEC is just a smokescreen. They are most likely headed to the B1G with Kansas.
Which is fine with me. Leaving tu in the dust with fewer and fewer options.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Maybe Dr. young could call Fenves and tell him not to worry, we'll take care of them.
Maybe not.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Please justify reasoning that any one University would vote tu into the SEC. With the payout structure of The Conference, distributions are less for everyone if a same State University is added. There's no need for any voting alliance.
marble rye
AG
quote:
When we were voted in, their were 11 yays and one abstention (Vanderbilt). The one thing that the SEC has is consensus and even before the vote for us was taken, the results were already known. I believe that even if t.u. has the votes for admittance, just our displeasure and subsequent no vote will keep the vote from ever being taken.
Why did Vandy abstain? Anyone know?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Please justify reasoning that any one University would vote tu into the SEC. With the payout structure of The Conference, distributions are less for everyone if a same State University is added. There's no need for any voting alliance.
AgBQ-00
AG
Because they always do. That is just a thing for them
wbt5845
AG
Hamburger Dan
Im not so sure that aTm would for sure arrange a block of Texas into the SEC. There are still a ****load of Aggies on TexAgs that beg to play those *******s, if enough money was brokered. Never say never.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
Im not so sure that aTm would for sure arrange a block of Texas into the SEC. There are still a ****load of Aggies on TexAgs that beg to play those *******s, if enough money was brokered. Never say never.
Thank god those idiots aren't calling the shots
Dr. Abbott, DDS
Who the **** are you, by the way?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.