Clay Travis takes another massive growler on t.u.

24,155 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/texas-a-m-likely-has-votes-to-block-texas-from-ever-joining-sec-072915

quote:

As for Texas, the moment A&M joined the SEC, I believe the Aggies slammed the door closed behind them.

Muy
AG
quote:
Even if the Longhorns wanted to come to the SEC, I don't believe they'd have the votes.

Oh, they do want to come to the SEC. We all know they do.
goodAg80
AG
Eric Forman
AG
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
First reply to Clay's tweet:

"what happens when the other schools want Tex and not ****? I give it 5 years"

The arrogance is astounding.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Poor bitter, jealous teasips.
Sea Gull
AG
There's not a school in America that wants tu as a conference mate.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
There's not a conference commissioner who wants tu as a member, including Bowlsby.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
quote:
And do you want to know why, sips? Because of this:

quote:

Dumbasses can't figure that out.
marble rye
AG
Give that man some bjs.
BohunkAg
AG
marble rye
AG
quote:

Serious question. Who WOULD vote them in? Arky hates them.

LSU?
BAMA?
AUBURN?
VANDY?
BohunkAg
AG
Look at the comments on the article.
permabull
AG
goodAg80
AG
quote:
Jorts doing work.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Isn't that jorts?

Edit: apparently so
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
Once you lock in this thought, you realize how strategically brilliant A&M's decision to jump to the SEC really was -- the Aggies didn't just make a smart move in the short term, they locked up SEC exclusivity in the state of Texas forever, forever creating a wedge between what they can offer and what Texas can offer.

Much thanks to t.u. for being that younger brother your friends can't stand...

All Hail Bowtie!
dermdoc
AG
Hey somebody stole my You were Texas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
quote:
quote:

LSU?
BAMA?
AUBURN?
VANDY?

With the alliance of A&M, USCe, Kentucky, Georgia and Florida aside, Mizzou and Arky would be definite no's. I would imagine LSU would be a no as well. That leaves the Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee schools to possibly vote yes.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
ccatag
AG
Forever is a long time.
VonDaMan
AG
quote:
Forever is a long time.
Forever is not long enough.
HTownAg98
quote:
Hey somebody stole my You were Texas.

That somebody posts here too.
CaddoAggie96
AG
MelvinUdall
I think he makes some good points, but his obsession with Texas and the multiple articles he has written is strange.
ccatag
AG
quote:
I think he makes some good points, but his obsession with Texas and the multiple articles he has written is strange.

I don't think he is obsessed at all. There is a lot of noise coming out of Oklahoma and Texas. Clay is covering it like he should.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

LSU?
BAMA?
AUBURN?
VANDY?

With the alliance of A&M, USCe, Kentucky, Georgia and Florida aside, Mizzou and Arky would be definite no's. I would imagine LSU would be a no as well. That leaves the Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee schools to possibly vote yes.
Don't forget Vandy. Best case scenario, they'd abstain. More than likely, though, if there are other schools who vote no, Vandy will as well.
doubledegreeAG
AG
Fare the well, sweet sips.

Fare the well.
ckwarren33
Dirty Whorn is good at gladhanding and backstabbing. It would be do-able to cleave off BAMA, Auburn, Miss/Miss State, LSU, and Tenn from the 'hell no to whorn' bloc. They MIGHT be able to cleave off Mizzou. I think FL, SCar, A&M and Arky would be the critical 'no' votes. I'd suggest that Arky hates whorn, but they dont have the negative incentive (i.e. risk of another in-state program joining the SEC) to vote 'no'.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Clay tends to find a lunatic fan base and then just overwhelm them with facts that piss them off.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:

I don't think he is obsessed at all. There is a lot of noise coming out of Oklahoma and Texas. Clay is covering it like he should.

Maybe I have been out of the loop, but what has been going on with Texas specifically that has inidcated that they are interested or making a push for the SEC. I know OU has been mentioned multiple times, I get that, but I am not sure what Texas has to do with the SEC at this point. The only piece of information I read regarding Texas and a conference move is going to the PAC. Like I said, I have been a bit out of the loop and if there has been some discussion around Texas and the SEC I would be interested in reading the article.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Dirty Whorn is good at gladhanding and backstabbing. It would be do-able to cleave off BAMA, Auburn, Miss/Miss State, LSU, and Tenn from the 'hell no to whorn' bloc. They MIGHT be able to cleave off Mizzou. I think FL, SCar, A&M and Arky would be the critical 'no' votes. I'd suggest that Arky hates whorn, but they dont have the negative incentive (i.e. risk of another in-state program joining the SEC) to vote 'no'.
They recruit the heck out of Texas, so they actually do have a big incentive.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Yeah, because Bowtie is a secret sip.

Get real.
ckwarren33
quote:
quote:
They recruit the heck out of Texas, so they actually do have a big incentive.
This cuts both ways. Another game in TX (austin) every year to invite recruits to watch versus potentially losing recruits to the newly SEC 'made' Whorns.
ckwarren33
quote:
quote:
Yeah, because Bowtie is a secret sip.

Get real.
Agree, but Bowtie wont be there forever.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.