Nearlyevery post on the realignment thread in the shag is how to get the sips in SEC

13,488 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dixichkn
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whereas five years ago they would have no part of it because of the sh-tty academics, it was beneath them, they did need it, etc., etc., etc.

Now it's all about how "man would agg-y crap their overalls if that happened." and "they NEED us" and "it would be so awesome to be there"

What changed, dumbasses?
Corporal Punishment
AG
running away from the bdf
rocky the dog
AG
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for the whorns to get into the SEC.

Matthew 19:24.

Rocco S
quote:
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for the whorns to get into the SEC.

Matthew 19:24.

Flashdiaz
AG
same reason why Ed Norton did this:

West Point Aggie
AG
Sips will NOT ever be in the SEC so it's just entertaining to witness...so just laugh at them and mock them!
Wildcat
AG
Sounds like you need to go back to 2010 and 11 and start bumping threads.
Rocco S
quote:
Jive Turkey

has texags spun this into "the sec really really really wanted us and was willing to take someone like ou to get us" yet?
are the Kennedys gun shy?

**** is still convinced they had a no-strings attached offer.

However, the sec was chomping at the bit to get Texas tvs, and Arkansas and LSU were undoubtedly pushing like hell for an A&M offer. Even if they only expanded to 13, they would have taken A&M. To think otherwise only shows your ignorance toward what our university brings to the table, regardless of how we've actually performed on the field for the last decade.
Delusion, thy name is **** (http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1648095&page=2&forum_id=5)

nevertheless, ESPN Insider says otherwise:

SEC did offer A&M and OU

Well, looks like the whole truth finally did come out re: the SEC's interest in Texas A&M. We already knew that there was an offer to the Aggies to join the SEC, but there were reports that they needed a partner; Oklahoma president David Boren revealed on Wednesday that his school also had an offer from Mike Slive's outfit.

Like the Pac-10 package, the SEC's offer apparently was as a package deal, so even though it looked as though A&M strongly considered the move, it's unlikely the Aggies could have made it without the Sooners. And Boren said that the SEC's offer -- which didn't include Texas, which made it known that it was not interested, or Oklahoma State -- made it unpalatable.

Still, like Pac-10 fans with Larry Scott, SEC fans (and members) have to feel good knowing that their commissioner came up with a bold proposal that would've added a lot of prestige to the league. Big Ten fans are still wondering whether Jim Delany whiffed on his home-run moves or if there indeed will be another prong to his attack.

http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/archive/index.php/t-66389.html

Stupid tsips
Rocco S
quote:
The most compelling refutation of "Aggie had a no strings offer all by themselves" is also the most simple: they are still here and didn't go.

They can post all of the circumstantial evidence they want and swear up and down that it was an open invitation, but until someone from outside of college station confirms it, I will never believe it. Thus far, EVERYTHING that I have scene that they like to point to as being evidence is contingent of Texas or OU coming along with them.
DigglerontheHoof

How's our dick taste
StephenvilleAg77
sips are trying to get out from under tcu & baylor's shadow
Rocco S

quote:
bizzle
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
The assertion that **** didn't have an unconditional offer is made by ESPN Insider. The fact that you choose to believe **** had an unconditional offer based on reports from posters on Texags and their "inside" sources

I don't read espn insider, nor do I venture to texags. Keeps the heartrate down.

You've been on this site for what appears to be about 4 months - I generally don't post things just for fun. When Mike Slive landed in College Station that weekend A&M had an open invitation to the SEC, with or without anyone else coming along. The SEC had already done its homework on how many TV sets in DFW and Houston that would open up and whether or not it made financial sense for the conference to go to 13. They had determined it did.

Now once Texas decided to say no to the Pac 10, was A&M's offer still good? Maybe, maybe not - neither Texas or A&M wanted to be known as the straw that broke the camel's back on this deal, which is why we are all sitting around back in the Big whatever. I just continue to be amazed by people that think a university the size of A&M wouldn't be attractive to the SEC - it's nothing but demographic numbers at this point.

That's a level of fail only achievable by tsips
Rocco S
quote:
mikey4

asshat http://cdn.sh****bevo.com/board/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png[/img][url=http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/showthread.php/member.php/712-mikey4][img]http://cdn.sh****bevo.com/board/customavatars/avatar712_1.gif" />[/url]Join DateFeb 2008Posts5,856

quote:

Originally Posted by bizzle [url=http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/showthread.php/showthread.php?p=1842728#post1842728][/url]
That's because we did. But if it makes some fans sleep better at night by convincing themselves we didn't to fufill some sort of complex, go ahead.

Although after talking to more people jtk was right in his assertion that the SEC offer got put on hold once Texas wasn't going Pac 10 - the SEC wasn't going to the be one to make the jenga game fall over.
The point is that **** never had an unconditional offer. It was always contingent on events that never occurred. I guarantee you that Texas or OU could have had a no-strings-attached offer with a phone call.

DayAg!
S
They are choking and gasping for their last breath. Never thought I'd enjoy watchin them drown so much.
Rocco S
quote:
asshat
Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN Old96er GORN
Old96er's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2008
blindly conditioned to believe what one wants the most

How ****ing awesome
goodAg80
AG
What happened to Big 12 conference pride circa July 2012?
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
What happened to Big 12 conference pride circa July 2012?

Was just about to say this. Surely other schools in the other P5 conferences are talking about realignment right?
sarancher
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Seems like BDF pride (if there ever was such a thing) ended the second the CFP committee jumped tOSU over TCU.
Mookie
AG
Big 12 conference pride died with a mike Evans stiff arm to an ou DB and a Johnny football stiff dick to the rest of the ou defense.
StephenvilleAg77
I wonder how many of them will ever be able to truthfully admit to themselves the real reasons why Daddy A&M chose to leave the b12 and join the SEC.
HTownAg98
quote:
Big 12 conference pride died with a mike Evans stiff arm to an ou DB and a Johnny football stiff dick to the rest of the ou defense.

In the days leading up to that game, one of the Austin news stations ran a tease that said "Who are you rooting against: A&M, or OU?"
Bdf pride indeed.
LHIOB
AG
When we made the move my Horn BIL asked if the poor acedemics bothered me. I told him Tech was ranked below Miss St so no.
Here4Beer
AG
Peasants gonna peasant. Only horns can produce such comic gold!
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
The fact that sips are now pining for the SEC tells you everything you need to know who won the realignment game.

Sips will never admit it. But it's clear. They hate their home schedule. This is a tu malaise and unlikely to end anytime soon.
ABATTBQ11
AG
permabull
AG
CowDog
AG
quote:
I actually think pre-LHN they could have gotten into any conference they wanted and probably could have taken our place in the SEC if they were smart enough to jump on it. They were too blinded by the "easy path to the BCS" and unequal revenue sharing to make a move that would have left us in the dark ages.

It was more than those things. Those smug sumbiches never would condescend to join the SEC. As far as sip was concerned that league was beneath them. Their goal to years was to to join the PAC 10, where they too could fart into wine glasses and enjoy the smell.
AggieTFA06
AG
I knew deep down inside that the sips were closet SEC fans. Remember when Mack Brown stated that his team was like an SEC team with an SEC defense and an SEC offense? This was right before our first season in the SEC.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Whereas five years ago they would have no part of it because of the sh-tty academics, it was beneath them, they did need it, etc., etc., etc.

Now it's all about how "man would agg-y crap their overalls if that happened." and "they NEED us" and "it would be so awesome to be there"

What changed, dumbasses?
Supreme Court Rulings?
marble rye
AG
Sorry sips
Texas Tide
AG
They need to stop focusing on us and start focusing on themselves. To the reactionaries over there going to the SEC only makes sense because it spites us and undercuts our conference benefit. Never mind that they are getting whipped by private schools in their own conference in recruiting and spite it not a way to make business decisions.

What Horn needs is to concede they lost realignment and going to the SEC (even if they could) makes no sense for them. Right now if Horn went to the SEC all they would do is split the revenue pie without adding a substantial bump in revenue (this comes in the form of adding a new state to the conference network cable package). So they'd actually hurt the SEC AND themselves financially by joining. This is in addition to further splitting recruiting grounds, generating animosity, and sharing the state of Texas spotlight in he SEC with us (and yes, you would have to share it. Don't think going to the SEC means you've "outflanked" A&M and things will go back to the mid-2000's Horn/Sooner status quo).

What they should be doing is working with other programs to jump to the Pac-12 or Big Ten. An OU, Texas, KU, and a 4th team going to the Big Ten would be a coup. The Big Ten adds four new states to its conference network, likely increasing the payout for everyone from what is already a substantial sum. The Big Ten hems in the SEC and without raiding the ACC guarantees that conferences stability (this preventing the SEC from adding premier ACC schools). Texas would then get many central time games against power programs and gets conference games against Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU, and PSU.

Or they go west as part of a Pac-16 deal, organize a pod that largely plays at CST, help fix the conference network and probably secure a hefty payout, and gain access to California recruiting in addition to Texas recruiting. You get more money, to be the anchor program of another conference in Texas (without sharing a spotlight with us), quality match ups, and recruiting benefits.

Going to the SEC means further sharing of resources and splitting revenue and recruits even further. The only thing it helps for them is stoking their ego and fulfilling their jealousy.

Think bigger than just us Horn. We will both be happier.
Kemo Sabe
I have never seen a bunch of people (Longhorns) so bothered by a school that they say is a non-rival for them. Besides we told them them what was going to happen. They can't say they weren't warned. They should spend their time kissing baylor's and tcu's collective asses.
Who are those farkkkers? I don't know of a single Longhorn (grad or otherwise) that says UT should be in the SEC.
BQ08
AG
quote:
Who are those farkkkers? I don't know of a single Longhorn (grad or otherwise) that says UT should be in the SEC.

You must not know a single longhorn, broseph.
Maybe not.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.