Rivalries v. Shag: The 12th Man Advocacy Challenge

28,114 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bobbranco
Paul Biegler, Esq.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dear Randy,

We've all had the misfortune of being exposed to you pathetic attempts over the years to discredit Texas A&M's traditions, as well as the men from Texas A&M who sacrificed their lives to ensure that dumb****s like you are able to sit on your candy ass behind a computer monitor and do just that, however pathetic it may be.

But as someone who's grown tired of watching your level of moronic, I'd like to challenge you to a "mock trial" so to speak on the issue you seem to waste most of your incredibly unvaluable time on: The Texas A&M 12th Man. You've claimed to be an attorney - which I don't believe (largely due to the fact that I've watched first year law students from Texas Southern deliver more sound reasoning to support their contentions than you manage to) - and you clearly have endless amounts of time on your hands. So here's the deal: 4 hours, an impartial jury selected on a TBD basis, and no formal rules of evidence other than general rules of authenticity. Each side will have up to 1 hour to present their case in chief, and 1 hour for rebuttal. Time allocation between them is up to each side. You can select up to 2 other "attorneys" from The Shag to assist, both of whom must have undergraduate degrees from Texas. and I'll select up to two from here, both of whom must have the same from Texas A&M. The ultimate question for decision is whether Texas A&M committed fraud in the filing of their trademark application with the USPTO in 1990. The fraud standard to be proved is laid out in In re Bose Corp., 580 F.3d 1240 (Fed. Cir. 2009).

Winner takes home $5,000.00.

Time to step up to the plate, buddy. I know you won't, but here's your official invitation. If you don't, everyone will know that you're a blowhard ***** who runs his mouth until it's time to actually answer the bell.
Hood
AG
All the popcorns.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Randy's proven how much research, time and effort he is willing to do to win a nice dinner from his Michigan friend so certainly he would take an easy $5,000 to prove something he has already so eloquently proven.
Bitter Old Man
Flashdiaz
AG
Biz Ag
Bobcat06
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Oh, and I almost forgot...we're going to record it and post it on here.

Let us know, buddy.
Tom Doniphon
No way that coward takes this bet. I doubt he has 5 grand anyway.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
No way that coward takes this bet. I doubt he has 5 grand anyway.
If he's such a badass lawyer he shouldn't have any problem with it. After all, I went to Tech Law and "don't know that governments are the only institutions that can levy taxes" and I can produce it. Surely he has that in his wallet.
Frankie T
I never saw any of the You got served movies, but this is pretty close to what I pictured in them.
corvettemike86
AG
In
Wife of Chas Satterfield
He needs to pay back child support.
nwspmp
WhoopN06
Aggies Revenge
AG
West Point Aggie
AG
Interesting and all but a lot of Aggies give that irrelevant jack ass WAAAAAAY too much attention...

Let the Sooners worry about his obsession with them (I'm assuming he's equally consumed by all things OU, right??)
Bonfire1996
AG
In.
cuppycup
AG
I'll go if I can ride Bevo into the courtroom.
MASAXET
jimmo
juan
80s Guy
quote:
I'll go if I can ride Bevo into the courtroom.
Cuppy - take this and do your thing...

GAC06
AG
This can put to rest the 12th man issue and settle once and for all whether message boards really matter
The Collective
AG
I don't know what is going on here, but I am intrigued.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
This can put to rest the 12th man issue and settle once and for all whether message boards really matter
A ****ing men, brother.
Velvet Jones
AG
Zero chance that psychotic cockholster agrees to this, but I applaud the effort.
Beetle 92
AG
Dis gone b gud
StephenvilleAg77
Good idea. A nice, friendly, gentlemanly wager. It would be fun for fans from both schools to watch, too. He'll never accept it, though. Everyone knows why.
People are wound just a little too tightly on these types of subjects.
Can't be a gentleman's bet if money is involved.

The biggest part of this challenge is: Where will an impartial jury be found?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The Internet.
Hotard06
AG

Madman
AG
Frankie T
quote:
The biggest part of this challenge is: Where will an impartial jury be found?

Here!

MASAXET
AG
Randy's response:

quote:
These guys are hilarious. "Agree let me pick the standard of proof and then give me your best argument. Then I will make the final ruling. If I prevail, you pay be $5,000 and I will both agree i won."

I'm not surprised a member the Hitler Youth would suggest a legal structure where a party to the action chooses the standard of proof and then is also the judge who decided the matter. Which one of us doesn't believe if the ags didn't get what they want they wouldn't immediately claim the decision was meaningless because the jury misapplied the law? Then the Hitler Youth would start stalking jury members, their spouses and their little children for the purposes of harassment and threaten to put a bullet in the head of the jury members who their believed were taking bribes. After all, all that is an **** "tradition."

The facts are not an issue here. Neither is the law. This is a case ripe for summary judgment with no need for discovery. This would never be a jury trial in federal court. Only an **** would want to put a question of law before a jury to decide.

Why don't we try it this way - Mutually agree on an independent third party to decide the matter, stipulate to the facts and allow the third party to issue a ruling. Each party can argue whichever precedent they choose. FRCP, I will file the opening brief, we do it just to settle the matter. Make the briefs available to the public once they are filed

First, what proposal is he actually responding to? He seems to be tilting at windmill rules that weren't even proposed.

Second, his response solidifies that you guys are wrong about who is the real Randy. No way this guy is a real lawyer, and it gets back to what I've been saying for a while now. I want Randy (or anyone) to point out how any case for fraud has been made. Even assuming Randy's points are entirely true, I want to see him demonstrate the actual standards for fraud.

On that matter, why is Randy upset about the standard to apply? He's the one that keeps screaming fraud from the rooftops. He mentioned fraud, not us. Why should that not be the standard that applies?

And I would LOVE to see how the fraud case can be made via MSJ, given the high bar of evidentiary proof and burden on the party alleging fraud.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.