The Texas Tech campus just got a lot smaller

22,830 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MooreTrucker
farwellrob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am unfortunate enough to live near Lubbock.

Along with the lovely scenery, I get a healthy dose of TTU fans and all of their stupidity.

One comment that I hear a lot ... and I mean A LOT ... is that TTU has the "second largest continuous campus in the nation." It's even on their main informational data site for the school ...https://www.depts.ttu.edu/vpr/ors/preaward/institutional-data.php

Trust me. Ask any TTU fan from the last 30 years and they will dogmatically repeat that 'fact'.

After a bit of drinking last night, one of their more genius fans got under my skin by pulling up the Wikipedia page that shows it to be true.

I showed him that the list of campus sizes. Tech doesn't touch the top 30 in America. I showed him pictures and drew maps. That didn't work.

So, I emailed Chris Cook, the Director of Marketing for TTU. His answer, "We're uncertain where down the line long ago this inaccurate factoid was born. It's not true at all. "

Sorry, Tech fans, but your campus just isn't very big.

In case you are wondering: Tech's campus is 1,830 acres. A&M's is 5,500. Stanford is 8,200 acres. Air Force is 18,000 acres. Berry College, near Rome, Georgia, is over 26,000 acres.
HeyMoe
AG
Berry College is not the kind of team tech needs to be playing right now.
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
Berry College is not the kind of team tech needs to be playing right now.
permabull
AG
HeyMoe
AG
Actually if you throw in the dust, tech is over 100,000 acres.

Wreck 'em!!!!!
farwellrob
AG
quote:
quote:
In case you are wondering: Tech's campus is 1,830 acres. A&M's is 5,500. Stanford is 8,200 acres. Air Force is 18,000 acres. Berry College, near Rome, Georgia, is over 26,000 acres.
Yea but are those contiguous acres?!?!
Yes. Just like the contiguous United States: It's just the part that matters.

When the corner stone of Tech's Admin Building was put down, Texas Governor Pat Neff spoke and the band played "The Eyes of Texas".

He closed his speech with these immortal words, "I am for your white-faced calves, but I will just put them beside your red-faced boys, and be for the boys every time."
Madman
AG
I think they are still #1 in STD by Acre density calculation though.
farwellrob
AG
quote:
I think they are still #1 in STD by Acre density calculation though.
The mating call on campus is, "Before you invade her, wrap your Red Raider."
LHIOB
AG
Its the 1800 - 26000 rule
e=mc2
AG
Who?
BQ_90
AG
quote:
Its the 1800 - 26000 rule
Andy Farmer
Farwellrob

What a ****in badass.

MallalieuAg
AG
And that's importantant to a tcehtard because ....?
farwellrob
AG
quote:
And that's importantant to a tcehtard because ....?
They believe it's one of their biggest claims to fame.

They brag about it. A lot.

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/communications/newsletter/stories/07June/tech-trivia-book.php

They literally believe that 1,800 acres of former pig farm is larger than any other campus in the nation. Even with shown things like acreage comparisons.
SlackerAg
AG
Maybe they included all of the Domino's franchises
WestAustinAg
AG
OP God bless you for doing the Lord's work...
Rocco S
Lubbock is Cotton Country
Johnny Z
AG
That's pretty funny. I have actually heard numerous tards say this as well, but they add "only the Airforce's is bigger and that's because of the runways."
GAC06
AG
They produce 50% of the worlds cotton though, right?
Coleman Sweeney
AG
They actually may be a large campus but at only $5 an acre 90% of texags posters and 5% of Tech grads could buy it.
Lubbock is Cotton Country
Some cotton farmer must have ****ed farwellrob's wife because he is pissed about the fact that we have the biggest contiguous campus in the country. Most universities would kill to have the relationship we have with Bayer Crop Sciences, Monsanto, and the CDC. So sit and spin on a cotton burr while eating a dick soaked in RoundUp you New Mexico border town living ****.
_________________________________________________________________ #1 Advocate of Texas Tech and the Cotton Production Conference
GigEmMortis
AG
Does anyone actually give a ****? Seriously? I'm failing to see the point behind creating this thread.
farwellrob
AG
quote:

quote:
he is pissed about the fact that we have the biggest contiguous campus in the country.
TexAgs needs better sarcasm.
Rick Dalton
AG
You might want to invest in a sarcasm meter.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
TTU has the "second largest continuous campus in the nation."
The key word here is "continuous". Any college that doesn't have the entire campus in one piece is not continuous and therefore ruled out.

For example, Texas A&M has a Riverside Annex for TEEX research and is therefor not "continuous". Since most universities have research annexes detached from main campus, they are also disqualified. By placing a qualifier in there, tech comparing itself to small schools like UTD.

techtards think they are bragging about being the tallest midget, but they are basically bragging about their lack of research.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
The key word here is "continuous". Any college that doesn't have the entire campus in one piece is not continuous and therefore ruled out.

For example, Texas A&M has a Riverside Annex for TEEX research and is therefor not "continuous". Since most universities have research annexes detached from main campus, they are also disqualified. By placing a qualifier in there, tech comparing itself to small schools like UTD.

techtards think they are bragging about being the tallest midget, but they are basically bragging about their lack of research.
"Continuous" or "contiguous"????
permabull
AG
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Continuous. It's a game of semantics.

Berry College has the biggest contiguous campus because it's Main Campus is 27000 acres. However, Berry also has a Mountain Campus that is detached from the Main Campus, so Berry does not have a continuous campus.

Since tceh doesn't have any detached parts of campus, it has one continuous campus.

If it doesn't make sense, it's alright. It requires special tard analytics.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
When you put it that way...okey doke.

Doesn't the AAU employ similar semantics with where teaching hospitals and medical schools are located? That's why Nebraska got booted out of the AAU, as I recall. (Well, that and the fact that the former President of tu was then head of the AAU--Bergdahl.)
Houston Summit
AG
Sounds like an excellent way to spend your Memorial Day weekend. Well done Rob. We are all so thankful for your research
farwellrob
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Continuous. It's a game of semantics.

Berry College has the biggest contiguous campus because it's Main Campus is 27000 acres. However, Berry also has a Mountain Campus that is detached from the Main Campus, so Berry does not have a continuous campus.

Since tceh doesn't have any detached parts of campus, it has one continuous campus.

This doesn't work, either. They own a campus in Junction and the school has research land around the panhandle. They also have a health services center in El Paso.

http://www.texastech.edu/campuses.php
e=mc2
AG
After one of these blows through, the whole area looks the same so I can understand the confusion. Plus they're tards, meaning they're dumb as ****.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
They also have a health services center in El Paso.
That certainly explains a lot. El Paso is a s***-hole on its own. Makes perfect sense tech would be attracted there.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
They also have a health services center in El Paso.
That certainly explains a lot. El Paso is a s***-hole on its own. Makes perfect sense tech would be attracted there.
Y'all just teeing off up in here lol
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.