Exactly who is this "Randolph Duke" character?

47,158 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by NoneGiven
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are these psychopaths created by or just drawn to that fan base? What is it about being a fan of that school that drives so many bat-**** crazy?
aggiehawg
AG
Offered without comment. From the inestimable Mr. Duke reacting to praise from a new poster:

quote:
As I have often said, the people who think the most of the ****s are the ones who know them least. Most people go to college to get an education. ****s go to TAMU to be indoctrinated into a culture. The culture of the school goes back to the earliest days of the institution where the focus was on the mentality of the 14 and 15 year old adolescent farm boys they depended on to maintain enrollment and to stymie those who wanted to shut the whole place down. The **** culture of fabricating the school's history and then celebrating it as evidence of their significance has its roots in the adolescent nature of the school's culture.

For their own good and for the good of the state, they need to let that part of their culture go. But, of course, being ****s, they won't. They should just admit they latched on to the generic phrase "twelfth man" in the early 1920s, like countless other schools did and that after the 1939 radio play where the legend of E. King Gill was created, they ****ed they whole thing into a fantasy they celebrate today as if it were real. Just admit the truth, have a laugh about it, give up the fraudulently obtained trademark and move forward. But that logic is as impossible for an **** to accept as the warnings from their engineering professors in the early 1990s that if the engineering of their bonfire wasn't radically changed, someone was going to get seriously hurt. The hard core ****s just can't accept constructive criticism or any advice. At the end of the day, **** is as **** does.

I'm just trying to supply in this thread some links to the information we all knew existed so when the **** fabrications need to be taken apart, the info is readily available. I hope people find it useful.
coldmoose
I wondered why his family hadn't tried to get him some help. Maybe he doesn't have one.
Really sad that there isn't someone close to him that cares enough to get him some help.
Tom Doniphon
He's the probably the least successful of his siblings as best I can tell... maybe someone should write a piece about their successes vs his failures, outlining what role it played it creating the psychotic lunatic that he's become.
GAC06
AG
Poor ******* must have walked in on two aggies spit-roasting his mom/wife/daughter
Tom Doniphon
Nm
aginlakeway
AG
quote:

Nothing like public records for getting valuable info ...
Deadwood
AG
Wow duke really had his head caved in in the course of this thread. Nice work. Humiliating.
FILO505
AG
I realize that engaging moron trolls is futile and aggravating. I furthermore realize that engaging an idiot is fruitless. That being said, as an Ag and a combat veteran of the airborne infantry nature, I'd looove to buy him a coffee and an M67 with the pin pulled.
aggiehawg
AG
Not from Duke, but another regular shag poster who really doesn't understand:

quote:
This is why someone like Kirk Herbstreit will go on at length at how the passionate dedicated loyal **** fans make College Station such a hard place to play. You hear that $#@! every $#@!ing year, and here are the number of home games A&M has lost in College Station for each of the last fifteen seasons from most recent to least: 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2, 5, 1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 4, 1, 2. That look like a particularly hard place to play to you? I count a total of 35 home losses in 15 years-- > 2 per.

Over the same time frame, we've lost 3, 2, 2, 2, 5 (THANKS MACK), 0, 0, 1, 2, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, and 0-- 18 total, though with OU in Dallas, that number is helped. Oklahoma's lost something like eight home games the entire time Stoops has been gobbling $#@!s there (likewise, Dallas, but still). Ohio State's lost 12 in 15 years. LSU? 13.
Given that the Cotton Bowl is a ghost town in the "orange" half most years, and DKR is a ghost town before, during and after home games, I can see where this poster believes only winning is important.

It is never about supporting your school and the team to the end, come what may.

That speaks volumes.

About them.

And why it is soooooo important to them to denigrate the 12th Man.
Sharpshooter
AG
The Duke obviously needs to see nurse Ratched.
Cow
"And some have to work the night shift."

Welcome to the ranks, NG.....
(I would guess that you usually don't go knee-deep into one that badly...a senior moment, or perhaps just a momentary lapse?)
Cow

"Researched claims? The guy has the logical reasoning skills of a retarded chimp. I've only tried to read a couple of his novellas, and they're so poorly written that forcing yourself to wade through them is like self-torture. For example, one of his ridiculous claims was that Iowa used the term "12th man" in some yearbook article in the 1910's or somewhere around there, and thus, A&M was "lying" about how the term came to be. It takes a genius to realize that there was about a one in a billion chance that anyone down here ever laid eyes on some Iowa annual back then, and thus his claim that A&M "stole" it is hilariously stupid. I could go on and on about his moronic, poorly-framed arguments, but anyone who's read them knows they're terrible. The only group stupid enough to not see the Grand Canyon esque gaps in his reasoning and logic are the dip****s on that website.

You never went to law school anywhere, Randy. Reading your ****ty "briefs" makes it evident you couldn't pass the bar in Costa Rica, let alone any state here. The fact that you feel compelled to spend so much time putting together something so ridiculous - AND it being that big of a pile of **** - is the saddest thing I've ever seen. Seek help. Or at least learn to frame a basic ****ing argument that people with an IQ over 50 (ie nobody within your shaggie audience) aren't forced to drive through potholes to get through.

What a collection of pathetic dip****s."

Give me a break, Jackie Chiles. You're just b*** hurt that your're not the "legend in your own mind" that you perceive yourself to be.
Now, go chase an ambulance somewhere.
aggiehawg
AG
Cow, if you have decided to come on this thread to defend Randolph, you are too late.

He capitulated. It's over, for now.
Cow
Wow, I must have missed something huge.
Or are you reading something through **** maroon glasses and interpreting such to suit your version of events?
Link please; bet it's not what you think.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Wow, I must have missed something huge.
Or are you reading something through **** maroon glasses and interpreting such to suit your version of events?
Link please; bet it's not what you think.
Guess you are young and not a fan of The Shining. Once someone who claims to be a lawyer does this:

quote:
Gill: "it developed out of College Station when somebody put some sort of story about it on the radio back in '38 or '39 in the Kimbrough era. From that it grew into other things. Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

Gill: "it developed out of College Station when somebody put some sort of story about it on the radio back in '38 or '39 in the Kimbrough era. From that it grew into other things. Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

Gill: "it developed out of College Station when somebody put some sort of story about it on the radio back in '38 or '39 in the Kinbrough era. From that it grew into other things. Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

They are capitulating.

But because you don't know where the shag is on the internet and haven't discovered google, here's a bit more*:
quote:
Cuppycup: It was HUGE! The twelfth man in the 20's and 30's was HUGE!. There wasn't any **** who didn't know of the **** 12th man"tradition" in the 20s or 30s.

Cuppycup: You are a butthurt sip. It was HUGE in the 20s and 30s! Seriously! I googled it!

Cuppycup: You are sip! BOMC! I googled "twelfth man!" In the 20s and 30s it was HUGE!

Cuppycup: "but! but! but! 1922! 1922!"

Gill: "it developed out of College Station when somebody put some sort of story about it on the radio back in '38 or '39 in the Kinbrough era. From that it grew into other things. Really, before that time, I'd never heard of it much."

That is capitulation.

ETA:* Don't link to that site because of the redirect to lemonparty.
bangobango
AG
quote:
cuppy is one of the writers for the **** "Good Bull Hunting" website. Think of him as the **** Wescott Ebberts, both write gushing praise about ****s, yet neither does it particularly well. Neither write anything particularly insightful, cutting edge or memorable and they both want to be Clay Travis when they grow up. They are to sports journalism what Pauly Shore was to comedy or what Jessica Simpson was to intellectualism. He writes in the typically hagiographic **** style, so the ****s consider him authoritative.

The **** response to the 12th Man debunking is typical for their culture. They first attack the messenger, in this case, threatening to put a bullet in his head (very intellectual there, ****s). They now google "A&M twelfth man 1925" to find any example of a sportswriter using the generic phrase "twelfth man" as a figure of speech in writing about the **** football fans and claim any instance to be evidence of their "tradition" prior to 1939.

I would ask the ****s "What is the school's 12th Man tradition?" My understanding is that they claim it dates back to E. King Gill and the 1922 game and signifies the student body's willingness to come to the aid of the team if needed, hence the reason they stand at the ready during games. Well, from Gill's 1964 explanation, that came from the 1939 radio play that then-Ex-Student Association President E.E. McQuillen wrote.

So, if the ****s had a twelfth man "tradition" in 1925, when did it start and what did it signify? It didn't signify the willingness of the students to come to the aid if the team, if needed (that came from the 1939 radio play). According to Gill himself it wasn't attached in any way to E. King Gill. What was the supposed 1925 "tradition" and when did it start?

The pre-1939 **** "tradition" of the twelfth man was actually only a "tradition" of using the phrase "twelfth man" as a figure of speech in a generic sense and in a way indistinguishable from that of the way sportswriters used the phrase to speak of the fans of hundreds of other schools. The best indication of generic use is that it wasn't used as a proper noun. The term "twelfth man" is a generic form. "Twelfth Man" is a proper noun. The **** "Twelfth Man" tradition (proper noun) representing the willingness of the student body to come to the aid of the team started after McQuillen's 1939 radio play.

Just so we keep in mind just how wrong the ****s have been on the entire 12th Man subject, don't forget that when all this started the ****s were claiming they created the phrase in 1922. Now we know they not only didn't create the phrase in 1922, they didn't even attach E.King Gill to it until 1939. Any discussion about the **** 12th Man "tradition" has to take into consideration the fact they have been anything but honest to date in discussing the matter. They have been lying about the entire matter at every opportunity. There is no reason to expect them to do anything other than lie about it as we continue to uncover the truth. This isn't a difference of opinion on a historical matter. This is outright fraud. So much for their "Honor Code."

If cuppy had any journalistic integrity he would agree to sort all this out with me and publish the end result for the benefit of his readers. But he won't because we all know version of history they claim as the history of their 12th Man tradition is false at best and fraudulent if one wants to be honest about things. The 1922 date the university used in its USPTO filing is fraudulent. If their "Honor Code" wasn't also fraudulent, the only question the ags would be asking themselves is "As a matter of integrity, what is the right thing to do?" I haven't seen a single example of that question being asked. Every comment has been either trying to claim the ags actually has a twelfth man tradition in the 1920s (What did it signify? When did it start?) or some comment rationalizing the belief university administrators don't, as a matter of integrity, have an absolute obligation to clarify their representation of the school's 12th Man story.

The question is simple "Are there any ****s with the integrity to do the right thing and clarify the school's version of their 12th Man "tradition"? We know their response when something as meaningless and mundane as a beveled representation on their logo is at issue. They claim the importance of "tradition." When the integrity of the **** culture is at issue, bet big money that the ****s will not have the integrity to be honest about their 12th Man "tradition." No poll, no petition, no integrity.

So, is that the big "win"? That we didn't start using the phrase until 1939 and not 1922? Really? The tradition was only 51 years old when we patented it instead of 68 years old?

Who gives a ****?

The Courts certainly don't. This might be relevant if the Seattle Seahawks were actually an NFL organization in 1938 and had started calling themselves the 12th Man in 1938. But they weren't and they didn't, so the "fraud" makes not a single bit of difference.

I cannot imagine how big of a loser this guy is to spend this much time on this crap. One, to be so stupid to believe this even matters in any way, and two, to actually devote the time and effort to research it.
Cow
That's it? That's your proof?
You're seriously projecting, dude. Take the glasses off.
ac04
that's a weak ass response, even for a GED owning night-shift clown like yourself. why don't you take this bag of nothing over here http://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2626407/ and defend your boy randy a while without deflecting or changing the subject
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
That was Randy's response to cuppycup's post. When you repeat the same talking point after it has been factually debunked, then you've given up.
Cow
That would be convenient for you to believe, I suppose.
Whoop(s).....
Mysguidednlv
AG
Cow, do you deny the fact that there are multiple references to "The Twelfth Man" in school publications prior to 1939? And forget capitalization, it's a week argument. Please answer this one question if you expect anyone here to take you somewhat seriously.

Once you've answered that question for yourself (the answer is "No" because Cuppy has posted numerous instances already), then go back and reread the comments by E. King and you will notice that he said it had little effect on him personally. At no point does he say the reference "The Twelfth Man" to the A&M student body did not exist.

This is all the help I can provide you. If you fail to see the error in your, ahem, RD's entire logic, then life is going to be a difficult rope to tow.
bangobango
AG
Rope to tow? First time I've heard that.
coldmoose
It is obvious that this Randolph guy is not going to get the help he needs and it appears that no one is close to him who cares enough to want to see him get better. It can't help when you have members of that fanbase like Cow and others who cheer him on. I guess for some people their hatred of the Aggies matter more than a sick person seeking help to get better.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
quote:
quote:
And @Nonegiven
My understanding of RD's argument is not that Gill wasn't called down to suit up. His argument is that the "glorification" and subsequent "Aggie12th Man tradition" came after a 1939 radio broadcast featuring Gill, and then wasn't even touted openly as a "tradition" until the early 80s. Someone even provided him last week with a newspaper clip where Gill himself pretty much confirmed it was no big deal at the time.
Like I said, there's a difference in a symbolic version of events and a literal one. IMO he's just pointing that out and it's disturbing to many of you. Accept the reality and enjoy the symbolism---what's the problem?
God you are stupid.

There are articles going back to the 30s, 40s, and 50s talking about E King GIll and the famous 12th man. Randy knows this. That's why it's so obvious he's either an idiot or a dishonest *******. Again, dumb ****, he has been caught numerous times cherry picking sources to fit his narrative while completely ignoring the facts that don't. Why are you retards on the shag so blinded by your irrational hatred for all things maroon that you can't even click on, and verify, a primary ****ing source. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Let me let you in on a little secret. We don't throw around the term "t-shirt" fan just as some idle smack talking. We use the term because, fundamentally, we expect graduates from this great state's flagship institutions to have superior reasoning skills then a retarded goat. When we come across mentally vacant individuals like yourself we are left with no other choice then to rationalize that, surely, this fence post didn't actually graduate from one of the state's great institutions.

Damn.
Rocco S
Why are tshirt fans of little brother so concerned about our 12thMan tradition? Because of some vague comment on the radio in 1939, they claim that invalidates the tradition and trademark? That's some weird ass obsession.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
Show us a link to your "proof". Cite the relevant trademark laws.
Tom Doniphon
quote:

1) aggiehawg isn't a "dude."
2) "proof"??? We own the trademark. We have nothing to prove. That's why lunatics like Satterfield devote so much time to us. Such a poor existence for guys like you and him - it's all you have left.
Rocco S
Please go public with your claims against our trademark. Make a big stink about it. Let them know you're big time die hard horn fans. That won't look pathetic at all.
Tom Doniphon
I wonder why Satterfield and Cow weren't worried about our trademarks before their athletics program became a donkey abortion.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:

1) aggiehawg isn't a "dude."
2) "proof"??? We own the trademark. We have nothing to prove. That's why lunatics like Satterfield devote so much time to us. Such a poor existence for guys like you and him - it's all you have left.

No kidding. They want us to prove it when we own the trademark.
dreyOO
quote:
Please go public with your claims against our trademark. Make a big stink about it. Let them know you're big time die hard horn fans. That won't look pathetic at all.

Not just fans, texas-exs. Right?
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
"And some have to work the night shift."

Welcome to the ranks, NG.....
(I would guess that you usually don't go knee-deep into one that badly...a senior moment, or perhaps just a momentary lapse?)
Are you on medication? Does your night shift job expose you to noxious fumes?
e=mc2
AG
quote:
Offered without comment. From the inestimable Mr. Duke reacting to praise from a new poster:

quote:
As I have often said, the people who think the most of the ****s are the ones who know them least. Most people go to college to get an education. ****s go to TAMU to be indoctrinated into a culture. The culture of the school goes back to the earliest days of the institution where the focus was on the mentality of the 14 and 15 year old adolescent farm boys they depended on to maintain enrollment and to stymie those who wanted to shut the whole place down. The **** culture of fabricating the school's history and then celebrating it as evidence of their significance has its roots in the adolescent nature of the school's culture.

For their own good and for the good of the state, they need to let that part of their culture go. But, of course, being ****s, they won't. They should just admit they latched on to the generic phrase "twelfth man" in the early 1920s, like countless other schools did and that after the 1939 radio play where the legend of E. King Gill was created, they ****ed they whole thing into a fantasy they celebrate today as if it were real. Just admit the truth, have a laugh about it, give up the fraudulently obtained trademark and move forward. But that logic is as impossible for an **** to accept as the warnings from their engineering professors in the early 1990s that if the engineering of their bonfire wasn't radically changed, someone was going to get seriously hurt. The hard core ****s just can't accept constructive criticism or any advice. At the end of the day, **** is as **** does.

I'm just trying to supply in this thread some links to the information we all knew existed so when the **** fabrications need to be taken apart, the info is readily available. I hope people find it useful.

Wanna know how you can tell someone is afraid and insecure? Only someone completely ashamed of their own school and themselves would work so hard at trashing another school. I don't profile, but this guy is cake. He's so obsessed now there is no stopping him. He is completely and totally consumed by A&M. He's ****ed in the head and likely to get worse as he continues to work to create and defend his fictitious notions against people much brighter than himself.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
The reason people like RD or Cow or others think the arguments RD make have merit are people that don't understand the nature of the 12th Man spirit at all. We don't stand because we actually think we'll be putting on pads. RD doesn't understand honest support of your school. They don't understand that it's the getting in your seat before the game starts, staying after halftime, yelling your ass off for the defense all game. But it's more than that small part they'll never measure up to.

All RD has described is that it's possible the Ags originally adopted the 12th Man tradition without publiciIng E King Gill was its inspiration; and that a radio dramatization likely did that.

Maybe that was because the tradition isn't about one man, it's about the Corp brotherhood. Maybe when a tradition is real and means something, it's not manufactured and forced from day 1 like jet pack man. It grows organically.

They still think the 12th Man is some gimmick they can figure out the trick to, some marketing scheme they can uncover.

Sorry guys. IMO, you just revealed it really happened, despite the fact that the inspirational story was revealed to the public later.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.